Hi, just got my blackberry q10 yesterday and I'm loving it! One quick question - are there any other input languages (custom ones or something)? Because I'm from Latvia and our language has some characters like "ā, ē, ķ, ņ" and without those, the texts that I type are horrendous Perhaps you know a different language that has the same letters, or best case scenario - custom input languages. Thanks in advance!
    10-13-17 11:44 AM
    Sorry but that are no language packs..... sadly BB10's envelopment was killed off before they got around to adding more languages. Now as to the keyboard and inputs.... there were some apps back in the day that added additional support. One was KeyboMagic.... might see if it's still avilalbe, and search for others.
    10-13-17 02:12 PM
    Found keybomagic, but then I have to go through the app to write, ten copy and paste it where I want it. I guess I'll just write without those special letters, but thanks for the info! Would be great if blackberry allowed custom language/input packs though

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 08:08 AM
    In settings you can go to Language and then select from one to three different languages. But don't know if there are Latvian there or some other language that use the same characters.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 03:38 AM
    Unfortunately, there isn't latvian there, nor have I found other languages that have the same special letters If ony there was a way to make your own input languages...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 12:57 PM
    Hi, fellow latvian !

When I asked the same question a while ago for my Q5, the only solution was to add those letters manually and then simply when typing press, say, A letter twice with space before/after it and get that Ā letter, kind of like that, dont remember how was that method called, but it worked with a bit of a hassle.
    Eyeing Q10 myself, but that app-gapp and language support keeps me away from it, just like it did from Q5 when I returned it.
    10-17-17 04:15 PM
    Word Substitution in language options/prediction and correction might save thevspecial characters you need. I found the 手寫 Language setting pretty useful. It just lets you draw the char you need on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 06:27 PM
    Hi, fellow latvian !

When I asked the same question a while ago for my Q5, the only solution was to add those letters manually and then simply when typing press, say, A letter twice with space before/after it and get that Ā letter, kind of like that, dont remember how was that method called, but it worked with a bit of a hassle.
    Eyeing Q10 myself, but that app-gapp and language support keeps me away from it, just like it did from Q5 when I returned it.
    What do you mean, by adding them manually? How does one do that?
    App gap isn't that big of a deal if you get google play store up and running. Only drawback is that some apps just won't work and they will be a bit slow. Language support on the other hand could be a dealbreaker for some

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 05:21 AM
    I had to google-fu, but found it:
    https://crackberry.com/how-use-word-...-blackberry-10

As for lack of apps - I dont use them all, but sometimes that one particual app might come in handy and BB OS might not be able to handle it either by not working properly or being super slow(Waze, for example, was super slow on my former Q5).

BTW, little bit of off topic - did you buy some screen protector/cases for it and if so, where? I see Latvian stores got nothing but one cheap tempered glass screen protector, but skins/wallets are either absent or pricey, so I ordered from China, just in case I do decide to get me Q10.

Oh and hows your battery life? How much do you use it? Im not much of mobile content user so it should be somewhere between dumb and smart phone for me in terms of usage frequency. I remember that Q5 had quite a promising battery life unless I turned on hub with all accounts connected to it.
    10-19-17 08:52 AM
    I had to google-fu, but found it:
    https://crackberry.com/how-use-word-...-blackberry-10

As for lack of apps - I dont use them all, but sometimes that one particual app might come in handy and BB OS might not be able to handle it either by not working properly or being super slow(Waze, for example, was super slow on my former Q5).

BTW, little bit of off topic - did you buy some screen protector/cases for it and if so, where? I see Latvian stores got nothing but one cheap tempered glass screen protector, but skins/wallets are either absent or pricey, so I ordered from China, just in case I do decide to get me Q10.

Oh and hows your battery life? How much do you use it? Im not much of mobile content user so it should be somewhere between dumb and smart phone for me in terms of usage frequency. I remember that Q5 had quite a promising battery life unless I turned on hub with all accounts connected to it.
    Ah thank you! Now to find a language that has our letters.

Didn't buy a case or protector yet. There should probably be some vendors in europe, although I've never looked into it myself.

Battery life is great so far. If I use it heavely all day, I can get through the day with around 10% left. And if I use it normaly, i get around 25-35% left, which imo is great. Oh and I have hub active aswell.

Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 09:29 AM
    You dont need to find any langauge, simply copy-paste those letters, thats what I did, now, however, youll have to try it out yourself, because I dont remember if that was as simple as I remember or not !

Good luck!
    10-19-17 04:30 PM
    You dont need to find any langauge, simply copy-paste those letters, thats what I did, now, however, youll have to try it out yourself, because I dont remember if that was as simple as I remember or not !

Good luck!
    10-19-17 04:30 PM
    Hahaa, got it working by copying the letters and using some macros. I might make a guide for people who need this

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 04:24 AM