it's already been confirmed by Thorsten Heins that there will be more BB models released this year other than the Z10 and Q10 but how come there's been so little released about these models? Is it too early or just under really tight security? What could they possibly be? A slider? Another all touch phone? Another QWERTY but cheaper? Does the Z10 user have anything to look forward to or will they only be non-flagship phones?
    03-11-13 05:03 PM
    I hope they'll make an aluminum and glass phone that resembles the HTC One. I love that phone, but the software its running is crap. If it had BB10, I'd buy it in a heartbeat :P
    03-11-13 05:59 PM
    if its true, its pretty smart, there's a lot of people out there that won't be able to get an upgrade till later this year. and with all these new devices coming out. a new BB would help grab more sales.

If its true.
    03-11-13 06:40 PM
    Plus this news actually means there's enough operating cash to push past the initial salvo of BN10 devices, and that means BlackBerry is pulling into the path towards total safety.

If it's anything, I would say this is really mind blowing how fast this turnaround has happened, even though much work is left to be done. Really extraordinary.

Posted via CB10
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-11-13 07:15 PM
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a vertical slider. BB10 lends itself perfectly to that configuration. Holiday 2013 is a logical guess. BB won't release another phone other than the Q10 until then as to not trump the sales of the Z10.
    ssbtech likes this.
    03-11-13 09:19 PM
    It could be another full touch screen with higher quality and better graphics and screen resolution... and/or with bigger internal memory. just think about LG optimus G or HTC one M7, Or sony experia z hardwares running bb os 10 or later.

Better core speed and core numbers, better camer ( front and rear), better ram.

Because the hardware spec which bbz10 uses right now is not sufficient to use android 4.2.X runtime or earlier to handle ported android apps.

This is just my thoughts.

Sorry for my bad English.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    03-11-13 09:26 PM
    I think they will be cheaper models and maybe one high end device, Z10=storm Q10=bold now they need a curve like device, for the teens who can't afford a Q or Z model...

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 and gordo51 like this.
    03-11-13 09:37 PM
    I'm thinking they need to address the lower end, like the Curve. However I can also see the opposite happening because the Z10 hardware is hardly cutting edge.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-12-13 08:28 PM
    Bbleaks asked this question in a Twitter post. Specifically about a vertical slider (my personal favorite).

I responded that I would buy that in a heartbeat.

They responded that if they made one - and it sounded like they would, it would not be until August that it would be able to be released.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:08 PM
    The launch pretty much completely destroyed bbleaks' credibility.

I'm thinking some lower priced models are all we'll see this year. We'll probably find out at that Blackberry event in May though.
    robkd likes this.
    03-12-13 10:19 PM
    Don't Sh1T IN YOUR NEST WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GOOD
    03-12-13 10:35 PM
    Looks like Blackberry is finally getting their fair share of mobile market share up again!
    03-13-13 08:51 AM
    I don't want my z10 to be 'an older blackberry' by the end of the year....

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:32 AM
    I'm guessing a slightly cheaper curve variant, with much cheaper materials than the Q10. However from what Thorsten said i doubt it will be as cheap as some of the Legacy curves. I also think we'll see a higher spec full touch later in the year to compete more readily with the S4 and 5s when they're released.

Posted via CB10
    daveshiz likes this.
    03-13-13 12:10 PM
    Aristo late late in the year maybe?
    03-13-13 01:00 PM
    That's the timeline I hear, they are doing lots of work on the radios right now.
    03-13-13 01:03 PM
    Interesting ....and I just happened to read that Thorsten has apparently said no to cheaper phones....

BlackBerry Won't Jump Into The Low-End Market - Seeking Alpha
    03-13-13 01:48 PM
    Sprint Will Have an All-Touch BlackBerry This Year, but It’s Not the Z10

Sprint may have chosen to take a pass on the first all-touch BlackBerry 10 device, but it isn’t planning to sit out that part of the market.

The No. 3 U.S. carrier plans to launch an all-touch BlackBerry-10-powered device in the second half of the year, according to a source familiar with the situation. The device is a follow-on handset to the Z10, rather than just a slightly modified version of the initial all-touch phone being sold by Sprint’s rivals.
    While AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile are all prepping their launch of the Z10, Sprint opted to launch only with the keyboard-equipped Q10.
    That device is now expected to hit Sprint around midyear, with the new touch model slated for sometime in the second half of the year.
    Officially, Sprint has confirmed only that it will carry the Q10, a move it announced back in January. The keyboard-equipped model is expected to hit some countries in April, but BlackBerry has acknowledged that it will take longer to reach the U.S.
    Sprint Will Have an All-Touch BlackBerry This Year, but It's Not the Z - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD
    03-13-13 01:58 PM
    Interesting ....and I just happened to read that Thorsten has apparently said no to cheaper phones....

BlackBerry Won't Jump Into The Low-End Market - Seeking Alpha
    They won't be making any really cheap phones, he said there'd be no $50 Blackberry, but Blackberry have for a long time provided phones slightly cheaper than their top end range as a massive chunk of their user base outside of Europe and North America use their lower end phones, and that's not a market they're suddenly going to ignore. But there is deffinately room for a cheaper QWERTY similar to the Q10 just not with an expensive glass weave back and solid metal frame and frets. Similar to the leaked pictures we've seen.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:17 PM
    Bbleaks asked this question in a Twitter post. Specifically about a vertical slider (my personal favorite).

I responded that I would buy that in a heartbeat.

They responded that if they made one - and it sounded like they would, it would not be until August that it would be able to be released.
    Bbleaks is just some random account that has nothing to do with BB, treat anything from there as an almost completely random guess.
    Pandastrong likes this.
    03-13-13 04:22 PM
    I'm guessing a slightly cheaper curve variant, with much cheaper materials than the Q10. However from what Thorsten said i doubt it will be as cheap as some of the Legacy curves. I also think we'll see a higher spec full touch later in the year to compete more readily with the S4 and 5s when they're released.
    I think for the cheaper model people should be thinking more along the lines of a 9360 or even 9790 this year rather than something dropping in at the 9320 level.
    03-13-13 04:23 PM
    I don't want my z10 to be 'an older blackberry' by the end of the year....
    Odds are that it will be, but it won't really matter as it will still be the best spec they offer in that size, the next all-touch is inevitably going to be more of a complimentary option to the z10 with a larger display.
    03-13-13 04:27 PM
    I hope they don't release too many phones. Just keep it simple and have high end phones only. Get rid of the Curve and slider phones.
    03-13-13 04:28 PM
    I hope they don't release too many phones. Just keep it simple and have high end phones only. Get rid of the Curve and slider phones.
    You a forgeting that there are a hugh number of corporations and government entities that don't deploy high end phones which cost them money. They deploy freebie phones (with contract) like the curves to their employees who aren't in the executive circle.
    03-13-13 07:57 PM
    I thought I saw some leaked spec sheets for an all-touch phone that was better than the Z10. 1920x1080 screen, quad core cpu, etc. Sort of a Z11.

Of course anyone could have produced it, but Thorsten did say in the BB10 launch that engineers were already working on new phones.
    03-13-13 08:47 PM
63 123