Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I've been trying to open up an account with any of these new challanger banking services but every single one of them is app based and you can't set up anything from the website.
    I've tried the playstore but unsuprisingly the android runtime is to old. I tried apk download from other sites but only revolut had a version that would even install and that version is a year old version now. Installed it but keeps saying something went wrong, please try again at the very first step of registering phone number.

Has anyone managed to get one these apps to work on BB10? I
    02-09-19 03:45 PM
    All North American and European banks increased security standards a bit over a year ago (under an industry-wide agreement) and that required a minimum Android version of v4.4 - and also required blocking logins of old versions of the app. So, if you want to run these apps, you'll need a supported device (a modern iOS or Android device).
    02-10-19 12:52 AM
    Thanks Troy. I guess the time has come to retire the Q10 then. I was hoping to stick with till the end the year as I just got a new one, but a couple days after I got it onedrive app stopped working and now this...to bad.
    02-10-19 05:13 AM
    I've been trying to open up an account with any of these new challanger banking services but every single one of them is app based and you can't set up anything from the website.
    I've tried the playstore but unsuprisingly the android runtime is to old. I tried apk download from other sites but only revolut had a version that would even install and that version is a year old version now. Installed it but keeps saying something went wrong, please try again at the very first step of registering phone number.

Has anyone managed to get one these apps to work on BB10? I
    The websites do nothing at all? Seems hard to believe.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-19 02:51 PM
    Well don't knock it till you tried yourself

Posted via CB10
    02-13-19 10:47 AM
    The websites do nothing at all? Seems hard to believe.

Posted via CB10
    Yes these Banks (at least for Monzo) only allow people to join via the app. https://monzo.com/faq/
    02-13-19 11:45 AM
    Well don't knock it till you tried yourself

Posted via CB10
    Hi ajo,

It's possible these apps will not run on BB10, but I will test them and get back to you. There are often ways around the restrictions Troy mentions.
    02-13-19 06:09 PM
    Well definitely interested at what can be worked around Tiger, just curious if it's even possible with banking apps and onedrive as well. The later has been out of service with no noteworthy replacements for over a month now.
    02-14-19 05:16 PM
    If the minimum Android requirement is 4.4 as Troy suggests above, it's not even worth trying. BB10's Android emulator is forever stuck on 4.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-19 06:54 PM
    If the minimum Android requirement is 4.4 as Troy suggests above, it's not even worth trying. BB10's Android emulator is forever stuck on 4.3.

Posted via CB10
    Some bank apps (including one of mine) even have a minimum requirement of 5.0 (Lollipop). Can't install it in my Android KitKat device.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 02-14-19 at 07:47 PM.
    02-14-19 07:10 PM
    Well definitely interested at what can be worked around Tiger, just curious if it's even possible with banking apps and onedrive as well. The later has been out of service with no noteworthy replacements for over a month now.
    Revolut is working (I think) ajo!

Download from here:

https://mega.nz/#!l9IykAiR

Monzo has possibilities but would require more effort. Starling likewise would require some effort, but if you're interested I'll see what I can do.

Revolut installs and runs successfully but since I do not have and cannot create an account I cannot test whether the error I get when I give my phone number is app-related or because I just don't have an account. However, it looks good for being able to use this guy.
    02-14-19 09:15 PM
    Revolut is working (I think) ajo!

Download from here:

https://mega.nz/#!l9IykAiR

Monzo has possibilities but would require more effort. Starling likewise would require some effort, but if you're interested I'll see what I can do.

Revolut installs and runs successfully but since I do not have and cannot create an account I cannot test whether the error I get when I give my phone number is app-related or because I just don't have an account. However, it looks good for being able to use this guy.
    Hmmm... Not sure if it's a good idea to install/use a banking or financial app from third party/questionable sources. Careful.
    02-14-19 11:06 PM
    Hmmm... Not sure if it's a good idea to install/use a banking or financial app from third party/questionable sources. Careful.
    Just for the record, the original source is APKPure, a widely used and reliable APK repository that simply archives existing versions of APKs directly from the developers. Also, for the record, you will never find apps I post, whether Android or BB10, that have any known vulnerability within them. I check them for that sort of thing.

Of course, you do have to trust me for that statement to have any effect. As always, I encourage you to do your own research (on my posts and anyone else's) and make the best judgment you can for you.
    02-14-19 11:11 PM