Yup. I think it's fair common.
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...ca0a04ab17.jpg

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Please, don't tease BlackBerry users with custom fonts. This feature is coming to BB10 no earlier than 2020, eventually...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:14 PM
    sorry!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    01-09-15 02:12 PM
    Please, don't tease BlackBerry users with custom fonts. This feature is coming to BB10 no earlier than 2020, eventually...

Posted via CB10
    Every time I think that "Tools, not toys" is an overused idea, someone comes along to remind me that it isn't. So, thanks for that :-).

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-09-15 07:57 PM
    "Tools, not toys"
    When proper global system font size is coming to BB10? Before 2020 of after? Set size 10 in Settings, then go to Hub -> Facebook and surprise... font is size 6! Go to the Weather app - size 6! Apps menu text, all of them - size 6! App description text on screens - size 4? Give BlackBerry developers few more years to figure it out, then we'll talk about font type.
    01-09-15 08:16 PM
    When proper global system font size is coming to BB10? Before 2020 of after? Set size 10 in Settings, then go to Hub -> Facebook and surprise... font is size 6! Go to the Weather app - size 6! Apps menu text, all of them - size 6! App description text on screens - size 4? Give BlackBerry developers few more years to figure it out, then we'll talk about font type.
    It's been there on day one. Using system font as the base for your UI will make your app's font size follow the user defined font size. App title text and other apps seem to use custom font not based on system font.

I know because I messed around with that ever since the 10.0 days

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    01-09-15 10:59 PM
    As a C++ developer i prefer BB10S because it have great support for C++, you have access to the entire api. I like too the way multiple open apps are handled on BB10, i really feel uncomfortable with how android and IOS handle it. So my main phone is a Q10 (the physically keyboard is just the best) but i am always using a android device as second device because it have a lot of apps and personalization options that not have any other mobile so.
    01-09-15 11:19 PM
    It's been there on day one. Using system font as the base for your UI will make your app's font size follow the user defined font size.
    This is how it works on Android, but not on BB10. None of the Android apps are affected, many native BB10 apps (including system apps) use own fonts, no change there too. Looks like there is no standard guidelines for developers. There is no point to change font size in few areas only. It's a huge inconvenience for many users. And there is no solution.
    01-10-15 12:01 AM
    Every time I think that "Tools, not toys" is an overused idea, someone comes along to remind me that it isn't. So, thanks for that :-).

Q10/10.3.1.821
    I always used comic sans serif on BB legacy.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-10-15 04:37 AM

Q10/10.3.1.821
    "Tools not toys" is a delusional idea. The only significant "tool" advantage that BB10 has is the availability of PKB models. Other platforms have productivity apps like MS Office.
    01-10-15 08:02 AM
    As a C++ developer i prefer BB10S because it have great support for C++, you have access to the entire api. I like too the way multiple open apps are handled on BB10, i really feel uncomfortable with how android and IOS handle it. So my main phone is a Q10 (the physically keyboard is just the best) but i am always using a android device as second device because it have a lot of apps and personalization options that not have any other mobile so.
    iOS has pretty good support for C++ too, and Objective-C++ to glue it all together.
    01-10-15 08:03 AM
    "Tools not toys" is a delusional idea. The only significant "tool" advantage that BB10 has is the availability of PKB models. Other platforms have productivity apps like MS Office.
    Using the availability of fonts in Android to prop up the "tools not toys" argument is desperation. How many fonts did legacy support? So now that BB10 hasn't got fonts, being able to choose them in Android somehow makes BlackBerry a tool???? Ridiculously hypocritically.

01-10-15 08:09 AM
    And here I thought things like custom fonts used to make things easier to read or just to personalize ones phone was a useful feature and something people used on legacy all the time (I know I did) but now I find out its for children using toys not tools.

I've seen some clutching at straws to justify decisions made by BB in its BB10 implementation but that argument that custom fonts are for unprofessional kids may just take the cake.
    01-10-15 09:22 AM
    This is how it works on Android, but not on BB10. None of the Android apps are affected, many native BB10 apps (including system apps) use own fonts.
    You really shouldn't try to argue with the API. I worked on an app when I set my system font size to 7, measured my UI precisely, and then I changed my system font size to see what'd happen, my app's carefully positioned UI got messed up. In fact, that is what the Settings app is using.

Apps that use system fonts will have it follow the user defined settings, those that use custom fonts, such as pre-defined size, will not. It looks like BlackBerry and many other developers do not use system fonts for their UI

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    01-10-15 09:42 AM
    On bbos I used a custom font that strongly resembled slate. On BB10, even when custom fonts become available, i'll probably stick with slate.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-10-15 10:31 AM
    iOS has pretty good support for C++ too, and Objective-C++ to glue it all together.
    Yes it have a great support for C++, the only problem i have when developing for ios is that it requires OS X, in the end is not a major trouble that i have to use Java on android or ObjectiveC++ on Iphone to glue it all, or to use OS X for ios integration and publishing . But testing new ideas on Blackberry 10 is faster for me, But that is because i feel more comfortable with Linux tools
    Last edited by Edward Alejandro Medina; 01-10-15 at 02:45 PM.
    01-10-15 02:19 PM
    Using the availability of fonts in Android to prop up the "tools not toys" argument is desperation. How many fonts did legacy support? So now that BB10 hasn't got fonts, being able to choose them in Android somehow makes BlackBerry a tool???? Ridiculously hypocritically.

LOL. I'd suggest that the use of an epithet in an ironic sense was lost on a bunch of over-enthusiastic or over-sensitive forum posters. But, please carry on: it amuses me no end. I'm guessing that Internet forums are not the best places for satire.

And I guess, your iPad loves adverbs ;-)

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-10-15 02:45 PM
    LOL. I'd suggest that the use of an epithet in an ironic sense was lost on a bunch of over-enthusiastic or over-sensitive forum posters. But, please carry on: it amuses me no end. I'm guessing that Internet forums are not the best places for satire.

And I guess, your iPad loves adverbs ;-)

Q10/10.3.1.821
    Oh thank you for so charmingly pointing out my typo. I am glowingly and totally enthusiastically overwhelmingly endearingly indebted.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-10-15 03:17 PM
    Yes it have a great support for C++, the only problem i have when developing for ios is that it requires OS X, in the end is not a major trouble that i have to use Java on android or ObjectiveC++ on Iphone to glue it all, or to use OS X for ios integration and publishing . But testing new ideas on Blackberry 10 is faster for me, But that is because i feel more comfortable with Linux tools
    Linux and OS-X aren't that different once you drop down to the command line. They are both Unix variants and the command line tools generally work the same. OS-X used to ship with X-Windows, now it is a free installation.
    01-10-15 08:50 PM
    If you want customisation, choose Android...

If you want ecosystem (and to be the same as everyone else - baaa!!), choose iPhone...

If you want something different, sleek, functional, choose Blackberry ^^

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad �
    01-24-15 05:47 PM
    Right now, I'd say that the best of both worlds (ecosystem and custom options) is something like a jailbroken iPhone 6+. BlackBerry is top dog for physical keyboard lovers. Android is great for the waterproof crowd and all other unusual form factors, with high to low end options offering great value.
    01-24-15 11:16 PM
    If you want customisation, choose Android...

If you want ecosystem (and to be the same as everyone else - baaa!!), choose iPhone...

If you want something different, sleek, functional, choose Blackberry ^^

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad �
    But you're still like a LOT of people when you use a BlackBerry...
    01-24-15 11:31 PM
    But you're still like a LOT of people when you use a BlackBerry...
    No I'm not (not in my country anyhow) I have yet to meet another Z10 owner ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-27-15 12:58 AM
    so they all suck horribly since this is based on a 100 point scale. bb only gets a 34 for messinging and IM, which is the lowest of all of them? i thought the hub is the best thing about bb10. Sorry those results are a joke though IMO. throwing darts would get you more accurate scoring i think
    Messaging and im? Where did this survey take place? India? I think it make sense. If it takes place in china, im and messaging will be below 10, I guess

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 07:36 PM
173 ... 567