That makes absolutely no sense. If you need any clarification, read my post again and keep in mind the quote I was responding to.
    So the burger analogy makes a lot of sense for you but you can't answer my question?
    01-07-15 12:16 AM
    All mobile OSES suck. BB10 and iOS (in their native form) suck less.

And regarding whether skinned OSes are "native" or not, I won't go there. I'll just say that I haven't met a skinned OS I liked.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-07-15 02:19 AM
    It's a feature of her sexy gold beast of an iphone 6 (which conveniently double posts so readers are sure to get the message).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-07-15 03:21 AM
    Whoopsadaisy.
    On my Note, I can indeed choose a contact picture and ringtone for every contact (but no vibration or LED options). I *think* when I had my LG G2 there was an option to change LED color as well, but I'm not certain anymore since I haven't used that phone in awhile.
    Maybe you have not caught real Customized ringtone feature. I have example for you when using Android,i iOS or WP. When I set my phone to silent profile but I need my favorite contact as my wife, son, family always have sound and vibration, LED, they are independent with setting of phone.

As I know then it's Only BBOS and BB10.3 or higher support this feature. That is one of reasons I can�t give up BlackBerry.

Sent from my Passport
    Last edited by BlueSky2008; 01-07-15 at 07:25 AM.
    01-07-15 07:10 AM
    When I set my phone to silent profile but I need my favorite contact as my wife, son, family always have sound and vibration, LED, they are independent with setting of phone.
    Not a problem to do that on Android. This is how my HTC is set up + increasing ringtone. I don't want to have full ringer volume when the phone is next to me. Not all the options are included in clean Android, but there is always an app for that.

How can I get increasing ringtone on BB10? How can I get automatic maximum volume + vibration when the phone is in my pocket and 50% (or something different) volume without vibration when it's on my desk? I'm OK with an app, if available.
    01-07-15 07:53 AM
    Not a problem to do that on Android. This is how my HTC is set up + increasing ringtone. I don't want to have full ringer volume when the phone is next to me. Not all the options are included in clean Android, but there is always an app for that.

How can I get increasing ringtone on BB10? How can I get automatic maximum volume + vibration when the phone is in my pocket and 50% (or something different) volume without vibration when it's on my desk? I'm OK with an app, if available.
    I can't understand people's reluctance with apps. Not every app is a pointless game. Apps such as Tasker are game changers in what they can make your phone do.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-07-15 08:28 AM
    I can't understand people's reluctance with apps. Not every app is a pointless game. Apps such as Tasker are game changers in what they can make your phone do.
    Every single Android app I have tried that requires direct hardware access is not working properly on BB10. The only good native app is Profiler, but with much limited functionality compared to Tasker. For some things BB10 users have no options, unfortunately.
    01-07-15 09:11 AM
    Every single Android app I have tried that requires direct hardware access is not working properly on BB10. The only good native app is Profiler, but with much limited functionality compared to Tasker. For some things BB10 users have no options, unfortunately.
    That's a bummer. Tasker is one app that would, on its own, keep me tied to Android.
    01-07-15 10:08 AM
    That's a bummer. Tasker is one app that would, on its own, keep me tied to Android.
    Ditto.

Tasker is my favorite app.
    01-07-15 10:36 AM
    How do you do it then? I asked the same question of pantlesspenguin previously, and no reply. I also asked this question on Android Central a long time ago, and never found a solution which didn't involve some third party app.

How to set up a custom alert for a specific email address? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

The fact this sort of thing can be easily done on a BlackBerry is one of the reasons it's a great communications device for me. I would like to be able to find a way to do this on an Android, because even the third party apps I tried didn't work correctly. It's obviously not as easy as you may think it is, and it just goes to support the point the OP expressed regarding this item.

If you have any information to prove me wrong and that you can do this in vanilla Android, please by all means let me know as I would like to get it working.
    01-08-15 10:55 AM
    Edit: Having reread and looking at the link, I showed something completely different. Checking that link though it seems like the best work around would have been the Tasker option.
    Last edited by Yatezy; 01-08-15 at 02:47 PM.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:42 AM
    BB10 10.2.1 is the best mobile OS on the market. 10.3 is a joke on the Passport in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:24 PM
    BB10 10.2.1 is the best mobile OS on the market. 10.3 is a joke on the Passport in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    Ridiculous! 10.3 is way better than 10.2. Way better. Plenty of Android apps that didn't even work on 10.2.1 now run fine on the passport. Email triage is not present on 10.2.1 neither is panoramic camera and those stupid boxes around the icons, finally gone. 10.3.0 offers the ability to create an app folder and have multiple pages within it. The calendar and remember apps look better, Android apps run smoother and faster. Boot time on device activation is quicker, and plenty of things I can't even remember. 10.2.1 looks dated and boring and the voice control is archaic and semi functional to say the least, I gave up trying to use it. BlackBerry Assistant is light years ahead.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-08-15 04:13 PM
    BB 7 > Android > BB 10 > IoS > WP

Sent from my BlackBerry
    01-08-15 04:35 PM
    How do you do it then?
    There is an app for everything on Android and iOS. And unlike BB10, you don't have to use a specific version of Android, you can use the one you like with features you like. Like on a PC computer, you install what you need, endless possibilities. In BB10 you can use only what's available from BlackBerry, and it's not much. Communication features on BB10 are indeed great, this is the main purpose of BlackBerry devices. Everything else is only acceptable.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-08-15 05:17 PM
    Not a day goes by that I don't want to smash my galaxy s5 with a hammer and get a Z30.

Android is so clunky and BB10 so much easier to use and far more polished.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-08-15 07:04 PM
    I didn't mention about increasing ringtone. My case is when you set phone to silent then all calls will silent exception desired contacts always ring. This feature is available for BBOS and BB10.3 or higher
    As I know there is no app available for Android or iOS.
    01-09-15 04:01 AM
    I didn't mention about increasing ringtone. My case is when you set phone to silent then all calls will silent exception desired contacts always ring. This feature is available for BBOS and BB10.3 or higher
    This could be achieved with Tasker. It would take some getting used to but Tasker on its own could achieve pretty much anything that another app could do that sets up your phone in a certain way.
    01-09-15 06:18 AM
    This feature is available natively on iOS 8.1.2. I'm not sure about earlier versions.
    01-09-15 07:29 AM
    This feature is available natively on iOS 8.1.2. I'm not sure about earlier versions.
    Do Not Disturb? I believe since iOS6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-09-15 08:13 AM
    Do Not Disturb? I believe since iOS6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

Do not disturb is the same Quite Hour on WP. They reject call and everything.
    01-09-15 08:41 AM
    Do not disturb is the same Quite Hour on WP. They reject call and everything.
    Actually email and messages and app notifications come through just silenced. Calls are silenced during the time you set except for those you approve.

Mobile OSs: Which is Really Better?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420814699.438923.jpg

By the way you also had the ability to filter callers on BBOS. This is a long standing feature in Blackberry.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    BlueSky2008 likes this.
    01-09-15 08:43 AM
    Actually just found it on my HTC. A feature I don't use since I've got my phone on silent all the time

Part of Sense 4.4 but I think it's becoming a native feature for Android 5.0 anyway.
    01-09-15 09:08 AM
    Yup. I think it's fair common.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-09-15 09:30 AM
    In the past 10+ years it would be harder to find a more fanatical BlackBerry supporter than me but I'm finding it harder and harder to justify these days. I still love my Z30 but let's face it, the app situation isn't nearly as good as other platforms. Crackberry went from something I followed 5 times a day to once a month ( only to find nothing worthwhile anyway) . Feels just like when I was an OS/2 and Betamax diehard. Lots of fan boys crapping all over the competition about how superior the platform is but less and less relevant as they catch up. I'm eligible next month but I'm not seeing anything compelling. It's sad.
    My two cents. No need to flame me as I won't see it.

Posted via CB10
    vbdwork likes this.
    01-09-15 01:13 PM
173 ... 4567