No need to fight over OS guys. By the way a lot of threads have been fighting about this. Its all about your preference. I have note 10.1, I got my son a mini ipad, I have androids phone too. But my preference is my z30. Its all about what you comfortable with. I am a gadget geek and I dont use BlackBerry just because im a hardcore BlackBerry fan. I tried almost all of the other os out there. And even when someone has problem with their android of iphone, they come to get me to fix it since im familiar with most of them. Not to leave the windows phones too. But I stick to my z30 because thats the one im most comfortable with.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1151
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-05-15 05:17 PM
    Its all about your preference.
    There is no fight, it's a discussion over different OS features. Personal preference is subjective.
    01-05-15 06:29 PM
    Without a doubt BB10 is the most robust mobile OS... Android is more robust than iOS... apps make or break how useful a phone is though, and not all Android apps run on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I don't agree with that conclusion at all. iOS is much more robust and secure than Android an has better apps. It is less flexible though.

As for BB10, its biggest advantage IMHO is you can a BBB10 device with a proper keyboard and dedicated keys to make and end phone calls. Any theoretical advantages it has as an OS are insignificant compared with the disadvantage of a poor app eco system.
    Chrisy and vbdwork like this.
    01-05-15 09:09 PM
    http://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/th...-os-23575.html

The above is the link gives you details of how the research has been done for finding best mobile os...Android vs Windows vs IOS vs BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    01-05-15 11:35 PM
    I just use what 'feels' best for me. BlackBerry 10 is the best OS for me. It doesn't mean that the high end specs of the latest Android aren't tempting, it just means that for me, in terms of communication and workflow, bb10 is better.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-06-15 02:22 AM
    Nope. LED is part of the package, IMO. It's important to many people.

That's kind of the point.

Posted via CB10
    Regarding this very point, BB10 would be last in the case of some people since Android and iOS can be rooted and jailbroken. For some people that's an important part of the package as who wants to pay 500 pound for a phone you can't modify in anyway?

If the numbers are to be believed, 10 million people alone use CyanogenMod on Android and probably many more using other custom ROMs and even more that are just rooted using stock. Apparently 5% of iOS users are jailbroken and the number of iOS users is 800 million so thats 40 odd million people. So if we are picking and choosing based on our own needs (read: moving the goalposts to justify why our choice of OS is the best), ten times as many people would chose Android and iOS ahead of BB10 purely because the can modify their phone/tablet rather than have a little blinking light.
    Last edited by Yatezy; 01-06-15 at 04:20 PM.
    01-06-15 03:51 PM
    I just use what 'feels' best for me. BlackBerry 10 is the best OS for me. It doesn't mean that the high end specs of the latest Android aren't tempting, it just means that for me, in terms of communication and workflow, bb10 is better.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Same here. I got a Nexus 4 with Android 5.0.1 (or whatever the current version is), a Lumia 925 with WP 8.1 and a Jolla with the latest Sailfish OS version in my drawer for private use and still, my preferred device for private use is the Z10 (I'm using a Passport for my business stuff). Why the Z10 and not any of the other phones? For me, it's the hub and reliable communication behavior. I don't care too much about apps.
    The Lumia has a great camera (and WP is a fresh and new concept that I really like), but whenever I tried to send a photo via email, for whatever reason, it failed. The Z10 has never let me down on that. Also, the IE feels slow on the Lumia compared to the BB10 browser, but that might just be a personal feeling.
    The Jolla sure has the better Android runtime environment (it outperforms the Z10 by leaps and bounds when running Android apps) and also features a great browser (even with > 30 open tabs, there is no lag), but the keyboard is worse: they tried to squeeze the German umlauts onto the on screen keyboard which makes the keys for me really tiny and hard to hit.
    Last but not least the Nexus 4: a great device, I love the form factor, but somehow the vanilla Android is just not my case. I know, they improved the email client a lot with Android 5, but still...
    Oh, I almost forgot iOS. We'll, my last iPhone was the iPhone 5. I got it in my last company when they replaced all BlackBerry devices with iPhones. From that day on, my multipage emails all of a sudden became one-liners. On iOS 6&7, it was just a pita to type longer messages, especially with that weird word correction (you have to tap on the correction so that it is *not* applied - never understood that concept...)
    In the end, I guess it's a matter of personal taste and use cases to decide, which mobile os is better than the other. And I'm pretty sure that the whole situation will look a lot different to me next year. Exciting times!

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 likes this.
    01-06-15 05:05 PM
    I also like rooting my devices and I'm still surprised to this day that more can't be done to jailbreak BB10. We need deeper access to have better ad blocking, better customization, creative tweaks, etc. This type of freedom is definitely a factor to enthusiast users like me, and the ideas from the Jailbreaking and custom OS communities can fuel innovations that make it back into the product.
    01-06-15 05:10 PM
    On my Note, I can indeed choose a contact picture and ringtone for every contact (but no vibration or LED options).
    How exactly do you set a custom ringtone, and is that for every type of email account? Is this a feature addition specific to the Note or a newer Android version? Which version?

I have been looking for a way to do this on my Android phone (through the OS and not some app) and haven't been able to figure it out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-15 05:32 PM
    The point is that it's not really native. These features are bolted on on Android, if they exist at all.

It's not the same thing.
    Exactly. According to the explanation of pantlesspenguin, it would seem that depending on the Android "skin" you would have an inconsistent OS experience from device to device.

The fact you have to deal with so much bloatware from some manufacturers like Samsung (I guess to fill in some of the feature gaps) is
    not ideal.

01-06-15 05:41 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the platforms that sell the most devices and, therefore, have the most resources to devote to the OS will end up with the better mobile OS. Massive layoffs and departures usually mean less refinement in the long run.
    McDonalds sells more burgers than anyone else. We all like their burgers, but by your logic are they really the best burgers?

By the same thinking, Windows must be the best OS and better than Mac OSX because they have larger market share.

01-06-15 06:08 PM
    Lol, she can write french.
    It's a feature of her sexy gold beast of an iphone 6 (which conveniently double posts so readers are sure to get the message).

01-06-15 06:21 PM
    McDonalds sells more burgers than anyone else. We all like their burgers, but by your logic are they really the best burgers?

By the same thinking, Windows must be the best OS and better than Mac OSX because they have larger market share.

The burger analogy doesn't work. If filet mignon was priced the same, it would resonate better.
    01-06-15 08:38 PM
    The fact you have to deal with so much bloatware from some manufacturers like Samsung (I guess to fill in some of the feature gaps) is not ideal.
    If you don't like original manufacturer's version of OS, then just go to XDA, find your device and load whatever you like. Pure AOSP, custom ROMs, fonts, skins, features... you name it! All popular devices have great 3rd party support and for years after the official release. Cyanogen only supports >200 devices. That's the beauty of Android - you make it look the way you like it. With BB10 we are hoping to get some font size options... in 2016?
    01-06-15 08:47 PM
    That is why BlackBerry is secure. No filding with software

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:19 PM
    That is why BlackBerry is secure. No filding with software
    Yes, especially when you use 3rd party software to load a mix of bar files from 3 different leaks, downloaded form a server in New Zealand, right? Many CB users don't really care about security and will load anything that promises little improvements in BB10 OS. What's the difference?

P.S. Actually, the difference is significant:
    - you go to XDA and 30min later you have what you need
    - you go to CB and 6 months later BlackBerry may start working on that you need
    01-06-15 10:48 PM
    Well open vs close source

Z 30
    01-06-15 10:57 PM
    OK, iOS is not open source OS, but customizations are possible with jailbreaking. Also, how secure is BB10 running 3rd party apps? Majority of apps on BlackBerry World require access to personal information, needed or not. Many apps there don't work at all, so much for BlackBerry monitoring the contents. Are you sure your personal information is not going to the developer's database somewhere in West Africa?
    01-06-15 11:10 PM
    I've use them all but bb10 has the features I miss whenever using another platform.

Hub
    Gesture Interface
    Fine Cursor Control
    Flick Typing
    LED Customization

I can't really say there's much I miss from the other platforms except for one or two apps that don't work correctly on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:15 PM
    The burger analogy doesn't work. If filet mignon was priced the same, it would resonate better.
    It works for me, and makes a lot of sense.
    01-06-15 11:31 PM
    Got ya. Figured as much.
    01-06-15 11:33 PM
    I've use them all but bb10 has the features I miss whenever using another platform.

Hub
    Gesture Interface
    Fine Cursor Control
    Flick Typing
    LED Customization

I can't really say there's much I miss from the other platforms except for one or two apps that don't work correctly on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Yes to the hub!

I think, all things being equal, I could use any modern platform as a daily driver.

Things are rarely equal though.
    01-06-15 11:36 PM
    So why you rely on McDonalds (Android) to provide the spice for your special burger (BB10)? Use your own. Doesn't taste good without it?
    01-06-15 11:42 PM

Z 30
    As already stated, ios is closed firmly shut but since it can be jailbroken then the development on it is huge. Some of them making the device 10x better and run in a way it wasn't designed to. Currently running a tweak on my iPad that allows it to multitask better than anything I've ever owned, being able to run multiple apps on one screen at the same time which no doubt Apple will pick up on.

If the option to Jailbreak a BB10 device was there I reckon a lot of people would esp if there was a decent customisation side of things.
    01-06-15 11:57 PM
    So why you rely on McDonalds (Android) to provide the spice for your special burger (BB10)? Use your own. Doesn't taste good without it?
    That makes absolutely no sense. If you need any clarification, read my post again and keep in mind the quote I was responding to.

It's late though, why don't you just call it a night and get some rest. Your brain will work better in the morning.
    01-06-15 11:59 PM
173 ... 34567