Can you think of these skinned android phones in the same way as when you buy a computer with windows and they add on lots of sample programs and such. Or are the add ons generally more usefull applications than the windows bloat?

Posted via CB10
    Skinned Android phones are not the same as simply including some extra software/apps with the PC. You can delete those if you want, and they don't change the actual basic operation of using the device. Skinned devices actually operate differently. You can put a Samsung next to a Moto X and you would have different operations available, have to execute things in different ways, and it would look different. And the Samsung would be slower since it's running a software on top of another software to do anything.

A windows PC that was installed from a disc compared to one that Toshiba sold you with extra stuff...is still essentially the same thing, and any appearance differences can be adjusted back to normal, or just re-installed back to factory if you had a disc. Many times they customize drivers, etc. for the particular PC.
    last_attempt likes this.
    01-02-15 11:09 AM
    I love that response!! lol at the "Whoopsadaisy. I think you've gotten a bit ahead of yourself." Part.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-02-15 11:11 AM
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-02-15 11:11 AM
    I just switched from android to BlackBerry 10 and I like the OS more and OS 10.3.1 is great work in progress, must say Android 5 has some nice facelift and some things I also liked but overal the OS is fuzzy after android 2.6. I really don't like iTunes and ios is also OK just like Android but BlackBerry is easier and quicker is use and multitasking and love it but overal the same thing is Always to click a icon to start an application.
    01-02-15 11:35 AM
    I use apple for work and BlackBerry for personal. I prefer BlackBerry so much that I pay for a personal phone when I don't need one. Apple does have apps though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    Ditto. In fact I gave up my work phone and use my Blackberry for both. I can claim it so it's all good.
    01-02-15 12:53 PM
    Personally, I've always loved BB10 and its simplicity when it comes to using a phone as a .. well .. Phone. Calling, texting, emailing everything is neatly lined up in the hub. I think it comes down to individual preferences and hence some prefer BB10's simplicity and functionality while others like Android's customisation. I could never get anything done with just a few taps on Android. Couldn't find anything I looked for without taking 5 mins to navigate to it first lol My emails became a mess, notifications were a hit and miss. I currently have an iPhone. It pretty much does everything but it's an expensive device so I have to be careful. The font seems small and I can't do much about it so yea. Have a few gripes there. Overall I'd say I like BB10 most then iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-04-15 06:06 AM
    Without a doubt BB10 is the most robust mobile OS... Android is more robust than iOS... apps make or break how useful a phone is though, and not all Android apps run on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting thread, good read! Sounds like the OP hasn't used other platforms though. In any case, this is what does it for me. I much prefer BlackBerry in many ways, but the apps aren't there. Android apps aren't the solution. They are sluggish, if they even work at all.

BlackBerry is missing some basics such as programmable Bedside Mode, a native Podcast Player (YOU HAVE TO BOLT THAT ON! Lol) and apps for searching POIs, banking all set. The list goes on. I wish BlackBerry was more popular so debs and companies would built apps for BlackBerry.

Or the iPhone should get an LED. That would be perfect for me.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-04-15 06:30 AM
    Interesting thread, good read! Sounds like the OP hasn't used other platforms though. In any case, this is what does it for me. I much prefer BlackBerry in many ways, but the apps aren't there. Android apps aren't the solution. They are sluggish, if they even work at all.
    Recently I fired up my old Samsung Galaxy S, a phone from 2010 with 1GHz Hummingbird CPU, PowerVR SGX540 GPU and 512MB RAM. 15min later it was loaded with Cyanogen Mod, Android 4.2.2 JellyBean (to match BB10 Android Runtime compatibility). Surprisingly this old hardware phone runs Android apps faster than my dual-core 2GB RAM BlackBerry Z10 with BB10 10.3.1.1154 leak. And since the "new" Classic has exactly the same hardware as Z10, Galaxy S will beet it too. So, here is the real situation with Android apps on BlackBerry - with exception of Passport, all other BB10 devices run Android apps no faster than a 2010 Android flagship phone. And Galaxy S actually has an advantage - it runs more Android apps than BB10, no compatibility issues there.

I still use BB10 device for one single reason - BlackBerry HUB. Everything else around BlackBerry - hardware (except Passport), OS development, compatibility, apps integration, whole ecosystem, etc. is years behind the competition. The gap is so big now in 2015 that we can't even compare BB10 to Android and iOS.
    01-04-15 07:14 AM
    That's all well and good, but my Ford is better than your GMC...
    01-04-15 07:57 AM
    no,no, you got that wrong... Doge Diesel is way more better.....Lol^^^^^^^^^^^^
    01-04-15 08:12 AM
    That's all well and good, but my Ford is better than your GMC...
    no,no, you got that wrong... Doge Diesel is way more better.....Lol^^^^^^^^^^^^
    5 years behind in mobile technology trends represents at least 15 years behind in car manufacturing. No, Ford and Dodge 2000 year models are in general no better package than GMC 2015 year models. Older cars were probably built better and they used to last longer, but no one wants them anymore. Only few collectors here and there are still interested, if the price is acceptable.
    01-04-15 09:39 AM
    I'm from India...and clearly there is an answer for this...the most popular magazine in India so called DIGIT have done some research to find out which is the best mobile os in the market...you can just go through the link below to find out for yourselfs...

Oops...sorry wasn't able to post the link...but just Google "best mobile os digit" you will get to know

Mobile OSs: Which is Really Better?-img_20150104_225742.png

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:28 AM
    I've used Android, iOS and BlackBerry 10. IMHO, neither is leagues ahead of any other. And there's no day/night difference between them either.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-04-15 11:44 AM
    The best phone OS for me is bb10.

The most successful phone OS is Android.

The best overall including tablets, Computers, phones, etc is likely IOS.

The most profitable one is probably windows cause they sell it on computers. But this is likely debatable.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:05 PM
    OSes are deeply tied to their device hardware. I have used almost ALL the other mobile OSes to some degree on various devices. BB10 is my favourite AND it is the OS I have dug into the most. All the phones are powerful devices and have very robust OSes. Consumers have LOTS of choice! Anyone willing to tinker can greatly modify and enhance their device experience. I choose devices running BB10. I don't really care about other peoples OS/device choices. All the other OSes and devices have issues that "I" have determined are insurmountable. I am device / OS agnostic to a great degree and choose the best device for me.
    Right now that is BB10 on a Z10. Still deciding on my next device. I'm thinking Z30 or whatever BBRY
    has available when I upgrade.
    01-04-15 01:13 PM
    Anyone willing to tinker can greatly modify and enhance their device experience.
    Really? Where are the threads for BB10 customization? I just want some simple things:

- global system fonts size change (not just in few apps and Hub)
    - global system font type change
    - change app icon, description text and text size
    - place an app anywhere on the screen grid
    - dark Hub
    - change page number / position
    - screen lock app
    - battery % instead of icon

Any ideas?
    01-04-15 10:56 PM
    Mobile OSs: Which is Really Better?-digit_scores.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-05-15 07:47 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Digit_Scores.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	325518

Posted via CB10
    That score sheet looks wrong. 40 points on BlackBerry 10 Browser? It's miles ahead of stock Android Browser.

And 79 on iOS 7 notifications?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    01-05-15 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    so they all suck horribly since this is based on a 100 point scale. bb only gets a 34 for messinging and IM, which is the lowest of all of them? i thought the hub is the best thing about bb10. Sorry those results are a joke though IMO. throwing darts would get you more accurate scoring i think
    01-05-15 08:59 AM
    so they all suck horribly since this is based on a 100 point scale. bb only gets a 34 for messinging and IM, which is the lowest of all of them? i thought the hub is the best thing about bb10. Sorry those results are a joke though IMO. throwing darts would get you more accurate scoring i think
    Well...it's not me who have done a research...but by a lot of people...if you want full explanation about how they rated than go through "best mobile os digit "(Google it)...I am unable to post the link coz I'm new here and I need to post 10 posts in order to send a link acc to crackberry....regarding the browser...it's good but not good while comparing to the features in other OS they said

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 325541
    Last edited by Me_Luv_U; 01-05-15 at 10:13 AM.
    01-05-15 09:36 AM
    So anyone who give BlackBerry bad rating is suck. You are such PATHETIC BlackBerry fan that it is almost blinding you.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    01-05-15 09:42 AM

Browser with the lowest score?
    Settings & Customization same score with Android?
    Photography better than Android and iOS?
    Video better than Android and iOS?

Really?
    01-05-15 11:00 AM
    Browser with the lowest score?
    Settings & Customization same score with Android?
    Photography better than Android and iOS?
    Video better than Android and iOS?

Really?
    Photography and videos rating is NOT based on the quality of images but how easy we can edit,share,shortcuts,features...you may get to know better if you read the article by yourself

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:57 AM
    Photography and videos rating is NOT based on the quality of images but how easy we can edit,share,shortcuts,features...you may get to know better if you read the article by yourself
    Exactly. Both Android and iOS have better default camera software with more features and accordingly produce better pictures and videos. BB10 camera software requires more actions to adjust settings and even basic things like picture size, white balance and exposure are completely missing. Because of this BB10 camera with different light sources often produces blueish, yellowish, over/under exposed or blurry pictures. How come the guys came up with a higher score? No chance.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-05-15 12:31 PM
    What a mess that thread was. Lol

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly lol

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:07 PM
173 ... 23456 ...