Just got my Z10, and super stoked for it.

Quick question, my company uses Mobile Iron and I know Crackberry and their website have stated they are supporting BB10. Does anyone know more of a timeline when it will be available, or of anyone who has gotten it to work for them at their business.

Mobile Iron has been fairly unresponsive, and my company tells me they (Mobile Iron) doesn't support it so nor can they.

Cheers,
    03-22-13 07:35 PM
    Bump- Need help with this too. Anyone?
    03-29-13 10:44 AM
    I haven't heard anything, and Iron Mobile hasn't released an app for BB10.

If I do figure something out, I will be sure to post it here.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:39 PM
    Just making good on my promise, I saw this in the Android App section.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=784364

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:31 PM
    Any update? I'm in a similar situation trying to get my company to let me buy a Q10...
    05-13-13 02:45 PM
    Mine did not work. Although I think it was my IT shop prohibiting it. Mobile@Work seemed to work just fine but Touchdown had a error during the initial setup. No help from our help desk since it's not supported.

Mobile Iron?-img_00000256.png

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:45 PM
    Mine did not work. Although I think it was my IT shop prohibiting it. Mobile@Work seemed to work just fine but Touchdown had a error during the initial setup. No help from our help desk since it's not supported.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000256.png 
Views:	1927 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	161247

Posted via CB10
    I hate to be uniformed, what is MobileIron?

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-13-13 05:47 PM
    It's a Mobile Device Manager. Kinda a third party BES, with support for iOS and Android. My company just switched to it last year. It uses active sync for email and has an app that allows the company to track and wipe phones.

They announced support for BB1010, but I haven't really seen it happen yet. So haven't been able to get email on my phone yet.

On Android it works with Touchdown to deliver email, Touchdown added a port of the application in BlackBerry World last month.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:48 PM
    It's a Mobile Device Manager. Kinda a third party BES, with support for iOS and Android. My company just switched to it last year. It uses active sync for email and has an app that allows the company to track and wipe phones.

They announced support for BB1010, but I haven't really seen it happen yet. So haven't been able to get email on my phone yet.

On Android it works with Touchdown to deliver email, Touchdown added a port of the application in BlackBerry World last month.

Posted via CB10
    How is this different than BES Support for Android and IOS? I think it was called Fusion..

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-14-13 11:31 AM
    It's really not just a competitor to BES. Definitely doesn't have all the functionality BlackBerry offers too.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:12 PM
    It's really not just a competitor to BES. Definitely doesn't have all the functionality BlackBerry offers too.

Posted via CB10
    Tell your IT shop to ditch MobileIron and deploy a BES 10.1 sever then.

Sorry... I know that wasn't really helpful but I couldn't help it.
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-14-13 08:27 PM
    Haha,

I would be lying if I told you I haven't tried

I wish they would, if any company is serious about mobile security (including mine in he healthcare field) they would adopt BES10 with the upcoming work spaces in iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 09:35 PM
    Haha,

I would be lying if I told you I haven't tried

I wish they would, if any company is serious about mobile security (including mine in he healthcare field) they would adopt BES10 with the upcoming work spaces in iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Something to consider - *if* your shop is running an older BES 5 server, then really they could convert the existing CALs over to BES 10 CALs for free, and considering the server software is free there would be little to no cost. I say little because I havent' gone through the conversion process yet to know if there are any gotchas, and technically running another Windows server (preferably 2 in an HA configuraiton) is an additional cost in and of itself - even though your would eventually retire the BES 5 server.

Just a thought.
    05-15-13 08:53 AM
    All - MobileIron does support BB10, the problem is on how the MobileIron Sentries are deployed. In a typical configuration you are using MobileIron to "proxy" the ActiveSync connection for Android/IOS/BB/Windows/etc.. The issue we ran into with BB 10 on MobileIron is that when you deploy in the aforementioned configuration, for the proper security setup, it treats the BB 10s as "unregistered devices" and will not allow a connection through the Sentries. This is due to the fact that there is no MobileIron agent running on the BB 10, why, well because who is developing on BB 10 these days! Now for you fanboys, this can be a problem, we have fanboys in our organization as well, but MobileIron has yet to produce a "legitimate" Mobile@Work app for BB 10. You can connect the BB 10 direct to MS Exchange and Lotues Notes Traveler via Active Sync with no issues as long as you are on the core network, but not able to "proxy" via the MobileIron Sentries without a configured and working agent, Mobile@Work.

If you want to be creative, you can recompile the Android Mobile@Work app for BB 10. This hack was removed from the internet, but you may be able to find it somewhere out there. We obviously cannot use this in corporate environment.

I noticed a mention of Nitrodesk Touchdown. I use this on a Nexus 4 over MobileIron since the native mail and a recently published Email+ (MobileIron controlled) email app does not allow quoted text - a limitation with Lotus Notes Traveler and Android. Touchdown solved this, so we are pressing MobileIron to address....we can bend arms since we are their largest customer.

All in all, BB is dying, maybe the recent collaboration with Microsoft will help, but the jury is still out. High hopes for the BES10 MDM, but really....not backward compatible with older BB devices.....geez! Nice job BB! Eh!
    06-01-13 03:39 PM
    We are running BES 10.1 with BES5 on the same machine serving 30 OS10, 60 OS5,6,7 and 20 iOS / 16 Android devices with IBM Traveler 9 / Domino 9 in background. After running in several problems in the beginning (with BES 10.0), everything works now fine and smooth.

So, I don't know what you are talking about :-) All devices are supported (sorry, exclude MS at the moment) at zero costs because of trade up programm.

Our company is still happy with blackberry and BES

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TAltemeier; 06-02-13 at 04:06 AM.
    cjcampbell and anon(2729369) like this.
    06-01-13 03:59 PM
    Yep, BES 10.1 supports both Blackberry 10 and the legacy devices from one system now.
    06-02-13 03:45 AM
    LOL .... 30 OS10, 60 OS5,6,7 and 20 iOS / 16 Android --- don't load up too heavily! For a Fortune 100 organization with 100K global personnel and 30K on mobile phone devices this is not a good solution for us. Not to mention moving to Domino/Traveler v9 is a huge effort with decades of legacy "garbage" to unwind, so this is not likely for an org like ours in a quick turnaround, with 126 mobile users, piece of cake. LOL There is no such thing as "Zero" cost for an organization like ours....but I do note the feedback.
    06-08-13 02:23 PM
    LOL .... 30 OS10, 60 OS5,6,7 and 20 iOS / 16 Android --- don't load up too heavily! For a Fortune 100 organization with 100K global personnel and 30K on mobile phone devices this is not a good solution for us. Not to mention moving to Domino/Traveler v9 is a huge effort with decades of legacy "garbage" to unwind, so this is not likely for an org like ours in a quick turnaround, with 126 mobile users, piece of cake. LOL There is no such thing as "Zero" cost for an organization like ours....but I do note the feedback.
    I just responded to your statement "BBRY is dead.."
    and "no backwards combability "...

Domino 9 uses the same ODS version like 8.5 (ODS51), 8.5 is on the market for a couple of years now. So moving to 9 is - in my opinion -, not a "huge effort" for companies already running 8 or 8.5. Domino 9 is not "new" - formally it was ment to be 8.5.4. Within the datastructure and for combability with third vendor software - there are no issues known. Even BES 5 works on a Domino 9. So, sorry - again - I do not know what are you talking about. Upgrading to Domino 9 is nothing more then from 8.5.3 to 8.5.4... because Domino 9 IS 8.5.4 (internaly) !!!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:10 AM
    Sorry to hijack this but I have to ask this: @TAltemeier: you really where able to connect iOS with BES10.1 and Domino? Is there a Trick? IT does not work in my environment (BES10.1, Trav 8.5.3). Also Secure Spaces are not supportet with Domino atm...
    I am not happy with the new BES. The Software is buggy and they removed too much Features as for example syncronisation of additional addressbooks (Killer Feature on bES5).
    I am not sure what to tell our Managers cause we Held them back not to use iOS or Androids and wait for BES10 and now it's still la king behind.
    Although i like the New Z10...

Cheers,
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:43 PM
    Sorry to hijack this but I have to ask this: @TAltemeier: you really where able to connect iOS with BES10.1 and Domino? Is there a Trick? IT does not work in my environment (BES10.1, Trav 8.5.3). Also Secure Spaces are not supportet with Domino atm...
    Hi bbeezed,

We have upgraded to Traveler 9 / Domino 9 (simple update) because 8.5.3 does not support BlackBerry 10.

With Traveler 9 running we had no issues with deploying EMM Corporate for ios. Remember that the Traveler 9 has to be reachabe for your device directly, the BES10.1 does not tunnel the EAS traffic for ios / android (except SWS and MDM).

Our Traveler Cluster is reachable through traveler.xyz.de externally . So if your ios devices work directly with your traveler, they should also via BES10 as BES just adds MDM functionality and leaves the direct connection between ios and the traveler.

For SWS, BES 10.1.1 is needed. And yes, we have no problems with SWS and Traveler 9.

IMHO your first step should be updating to Domino 9 / Traveler 9. I have never tried getting the stuff running with Traveler 8.5.3 because IBM made it clear that it does not support BlackBerry OS 10, and that is the most used mobile os in our company....

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:51 AM
    I am not happy with the new BES. The Software is buggy and they removed too much Features as for example syncronisation of additional addressbooks (Killer Feature on bES5).
    I am not sure what to tell our Managers cause we Held them back not to use iOS or Androids and wait for BES10 and now it's still la king behind.
    Although i like the New Z10...

Cheers,
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    Our divisions are also running BES10 with Lotus Notes using BB10 and legacy BlackBerry devices plus iPhones. No Android devices due to security concerns (company policy). But it's been working well for the last couple of months without issue according to our IT department.
    I'm not in IT but I'm told so far so good. Typing right now on the company phone and I haven't personally had any problems.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-07-13 08:17 AM