Just noticed this on my new SE Passport. On ATT, I'm now required to activate my wireless Hotspot feature with my provider. I only ever used it before for small emergencies like downloading a book to my WiFi kindle.

This wasn't implemented before. Is this new to the most recent official OS?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 08:44 PM
    Likely more of an AT&T thing than BlackBerry 10 thing. I still don't have to activate anything on either Rogers or T-Mobile. Just flip it on and it works as it always has.
    08-10-15 09:31 PM
    Likely more of an AT&T thing than BlackBerry 10 thing. I still don't have to activate anything on either Rogers or T-Mobile. Just flip it on and it works as it always has.
    It seems like an ATT mandated thing to me, as prior to the SE Passport OS version, mobile Hotspot has always been unlocked for me. Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 10:33 PM
    Yes no issues with me on Verizon.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-10-15 10:45 PM
    I'm using Tmobile (7.5 GB tethering allowance) and the hotspot turns on normally as it did on my Classic.
    08-10-15 10:58 PM
    This has always been a locked feature with AT&T. It's likely that it slipped under the radar till recently and "fixed" with the latest 10.3.2 AT&T build.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    deadcowboy likes this.
    08-11-15 12:43 AM
    It's been like that on at&t on every 10.3 or 10.2 version I've tried, for as long as I've been with at&t (4 years). Swapping the sim works for everything but hotspot and call forwarding unless you call and give them the new imei.
    08-11-15 07:43 PM
    Just got off the phone with ATT because my new unlocked SE Passport has this same issue. Was told only the ATT version of the phone can create a hotspot even though creating a hotspot is part of my plan. Amazing - they did everything possible at the store to steer me away from the Blackberry and to a iPhone or Android so I ordered direct from Blackberry. Now they do this. Feels like ATT is trying to kill off Blackberry themselves regardless of customer satisfaction.
    08-19-15 07:29 PM
    Just got off the phone with ATT because my new unlocked SE Passport has this same issue. Was told only the ATT version of the phone can create a hotspot even though creating a hotspot is part of my plan. Amazing - they did everything possible at the store to steer me away from the Blackberry and to a iPhone or Android so I ordered direct from Blackberry. Now they do this. Feels like ATT is trying to kill off Blackberry themselves regardless of customer satisfaction.
    Interesting update. This morning, tried creating a hotspot on new SE Passport and 45 day old black unlocked Passport that could previously create a hotspot. Neither worked. This afternoon, had to be in the Chicagoland area and decided to try it again and guess what, it worked without a problem. Tried it at different areas on the way home and again found no issue. Upon arrival back home, about 120 miles away, everything is working great and I can create a hotspot. Go figure. By the way, sent a message to Blackberry Support this morning to see if they agreed with AT&T that creating a hotspot cannot be done and they replied back that features like this are under the control of the carrier - contact the carrier. Really glad this worked itself out or the SE was on it's way back.
    08-20-15 11:34 PM