Anyone noticed that Connect to Onedrive "leaks" mobile data?

I have set to "off" the use of mobile data in the app, and it seems to constantly download "something". I have no idea what it's downloading. Seems to happen when I take a lot of pictures.

I have tried restarting. Uninstalling the app.

Can you guys check you mobile usage for that app? And tell me what your settings are?

I have picture and video sync set to on, but mobile data off.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 05:43 PM
    I have everything set to off and there are a couple spikes in mobile data. Some of these spikes have occurred while connected to WiFi. Actually, most of them are while connected to WiFi. Definitely something going on here. Hope somebody can pinpoint this.

Although the data spikes are very small, it does make me wonder exactly why that's happening.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:47 PM
    Hadn't notice until now, but it seems to be using some mobile data everyday. In the last 17 days, about 13 MB, with max being 1.2 MB on a single day.

Mobile data "leaks"-img_20150518_064905.png

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 09:49 PM
    Hadn't notice until now, but it seems to be using some mobile data everyday. In the last 17 days, about 13 MB, with max being 1.2 MB on a single day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150518_064905.png 
Views:	1771 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	353350

Posted via CB10
    Mine does exactly like yours...

Do you take pictures regularly?

I noticed that when I take a lot of pictures, it seems to spike, and oddly the downloads spikes... Not the uploads.

Mobile data "leaks"-img_20150517_232953.png

The spike is during my recent trip to Paris where it burnt through my entire 500 MB of data plan in a day. It coincides with wifi cause the pictures were obviously uploaded at the end of the day when I get wifi.

Then I disabled Connect to Onedrive until I got back home. Recently just reconnected and took a few pictures today... here we are again.

I don't know if it happens while it uploads using wifi or if it's independent of it. I'll try to do some tests and report back

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:33 PM
    I do take photos, but I have disabled the automatic sync. So I don't know why and how this data is being used. I have a 5Gb monthly data allowance, so 30 odd MBs do not affect me as such, but it is a good idea to disconnect one drive while roaming if you have low data limits.
    05-18-15 06:10 AM
    Looks like the more you take pictures, the more onedrive uses mobile network to download "something".

This is really weird.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:50 AM
    I had exactly the same problem. In the end I decided to delete Onedrive altogether.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    05-19-15 11:12 AM
    I had exactly the same problem. In the end I decided to delete Onedrive altogether.

Do regularly take pictures with your phone? Do you synch you pictures and videos over wifi?

I'm trying to see if there's a pattern

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:51 PM
    Are you regularly logged into Onedrive? It could just be the constant checking into the server. Actual syncing may not be happening over mobile, but the connection is maintained over any data type available.

I have the app on my phone too, but I don't have an account, thus not logged in, and I have no data coming from or going to it at all.

Any app that is logged into an account through it will maintain a constant connection to the server, and that gets picked up as data coming and going to the phone. Facebook was a huge data hog for me while logged in. Even if I only looked at it once a week, it pulled over a gig of data a month. That app, I did delete.

Although, I hear it's less of a hog now.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 03:24 PM
    Are you regularly logged into Onedrive? It could just be the constant checking into the server. Actual syncing may not be happening over mobile, but the connection is maintained over any data type available.

I have the app on my phone too, but I don't have an account, thus not logged in, and I have no data coming from or going to it at all.

Any app that is logged into an account through it will maintain a constant connection to the server, and that gets picked up as data coming and going to the phone. Facebook was a huge data hog for me while logged in. Even if I only looked at it once a week, it pulled over a gig of data a month. That app, I did delete.

Although, I hear it's less of a hog now.

Posted via CB10
    I am always logged into onedrive but usually 500 MB + in one day isn't considered "constant checks".

Seems to happen only on days where I take a lot of pictures. mobile sync is off... but what's even weirder, it's 500 MB of downloads

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:01 PM
    I will admit, that is a bit much.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:01 PM
    I took about 10 pictures this evening and here is how it looks.

Picture and video sync is on. Mobile data is off.

It's really odd that it's downloading something... and some like about the size of the pictures I took.

Mobile data "leaks"-img_20150519_233843.png

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:40 PM
    It's an app that sync pictures!

Always happy to help!
    05-19-15 11:20 PM
    It's an app that sync pictures!

Always happy to help!
    Over mobile network when it's off?

And why would it download ? Shouldn't it upload?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:03 AM

Same here. I even went as far as to use Mega instead. My spikes happened around the same time everyday about 7am.
    05-22-15 12:16 AM
    I can confirm. It seems Onedrive for BlackBerry is indeed broken. Even on wifi, the program seems to download data over mobile.

I just tested this, having Onedrive and Dropbox sync at the same time. My mobile data usage for Dropbox 0 megs; Onedrive significantly more.

I'd recommend in the mean time nesting a Dropbox or Box folder in Onedrive on desktop, so your photos upload to Dropbox, download to your PC, then upload to Onedrive.

What a PITA.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:27 PM
    I can confirm. It seems Onedrive for BlackBerry is indeed broken. Even on wifi, the program seems to download data over mobile.

I just tested this, having Onedrive and Dropbox sync at the same time. My mobile data usage for Dropbox 0 megs; Onedrive significantly more.

I'd recommend in the mean time nesting a Dropbox or Box folder in Onedrive on desktop, so your photos upload to Dropbox, download to your PC, then upload to Onedrive.

What a PITA.

Posted via CB10
    I sent a message to BlackBerry but they say that they may not answer.

Good idea for the nesting

I was thinking of using wifi sync and have the pics sync to Onedrive

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:56 PM
    I have a Onedrive subscription but I had to turn the app completely off. It's a very ludicrous bug.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 10:07 PM
    Have you tried to delete and reinstall?
    Hard reboot of phone?

Mine has used about 5mb over 10 days. Weird because I don't remember doing anything with it.
    05-29-15 10:28 PM
    Have you tried to delete and reinstall?
    Hard reboot of phone?

Mine has used about 5mb over 10 days. Weird because I don't remember doing anything with it.
    I tried everything. I think we all tried everything.

The odd thing is that it actually downloads something... over mobile network. And my only observation is that it seems to download more when I take a lot of pictures.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:39 PM
    So I wonder where all this data go...

I switch picture and video syncing back on to see if the new OS update helps... didn't seem too.

Mobile data "leaks"-img_20150605_173736.png

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:38 PM
    Hello, the same problem, everything is off, but uses the data. And also do not understand how is it so high, there are no videos... Who will help us to solve that? Urgently...
    06-16-15 03:40 AM
    I have over 1TB of storage on my OneDrive, now i had to delete the app eniterly. It smoked through my 1Gb plan within a matter of days, 700mb downloading and 400mb uploading on mobile data, even with the option turned off

What a useless application, now I have to go through the month with no data & I doubt Microsoft or BB will reimburse us for the extra charges
    07-08-15 03:30 AM
    I have the photo and video sync disabled and do not have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:29 AM