Awhile ago we were taught how to have two different wallpapers for our lock screen and main screen through some sort of hack using the parental controls settings.

This must have caused a glitch in the update as I lost the PHONE, SEARCH and CAMERA icons from the permanent dock on the bottom screen. Also, whenever I tried to to move an app from its grouped folder, it would dissappear completely.

I tried many things to try and solve this problem, including restarting and taking out the battery. What did help is TURNING OFF THE PARENTAL CONTROLS, a step in the process of having two separate wallpapers. Just give it a couple minutes, it will reset the apps placement prior to the hack and give all your missing icons back. Everything is back to normal now.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you and if there are other ways to fix this problem. Hope it helps! Happy 10.2 Day folks!

Posted via CB10
    nickdollimount and Pat007 like this.
    10-23-13 02:31 PM
    Turn it on and it breaks things

turn it off to fix things

did it really need a thread?
    10-23-13 02:38 PM
    like I said, restarting doesn't always work. I'm trying to help, at least. so post unproductive responses elsewhere, people can come here if they need help with this or bring other solutions to the same issues.

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12, smart548 and teostar like this.
    10-23-13 02:41 PM
    I know you're a smart guy and you've been super helpful with leaks and all that jazz but really, was this necessary? This type of response is what scares people away from these forums. Their post was useful. I'm sure they're not the only person that's going to run into the issue. If it's something that worked for them to fix it, it's a good thing it was posted. There are no rules that state they can't give some extra detail. I, personally, like the fact they stated what they tried that didn't work. Anyway... To the OP, thanks for the info.

Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-23-13 02:45 PM
    you're welcome!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 02:51 PM
    I am running a leak 10.2.0.1725 and this has been driving me nuts.

Sad to hear it's also found its way to the official build.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 02:52 PM
    I know you're a smart guy and you've been super helpful with leaks and all that jazz but really, was this necessary? This type of response is what scares people away from these forums. Their post was useful. I'm sure they're not the only person that's going to run into the issue. If it's something that worked for them to fix it, it's a good thing it was posted. There are no rules that state they can't give some extra detail. I, personally, like the fact they stated what they tried that didn't work. Anyway... To the OP, thanks for the info.
    It's Something that's been known talked about and covered for months. Really this is a redundant thread that should be closed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    10-23-13 03:05 PM
    well, if it helps the masses that JUST downloaded 10.2 and are having issues compared to those that had the leaks and know about it, then maybe I can help those people find a solution faster as its relevant now. if you want to talk about redundant, there's plenty of "10.2 is here" posts you can scold, dad

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:14 PM
    Did you really need to make this comment? The guy is trying to help people with his post and as a matter of fact helped me.

Posted via CB10
    jc dla likes this.
    10-23-13 03:23 PM
    This.

well, if it helps the masses that JUST downloaded 10.2 and are having issues compared to those that had the leaks and know about it, then maybe I can help those people find a solution faster as its relevant now. if you want to talk about redundant, there's plenty of "10.2 is here" posts you can scold, dad

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:36 PM
    I just recently bought a Z30, and when I was setting everything up, I noticed that they were missing. I have no idea what I did to make them disapear, but they eventually came back. Didn't do anything special to get them back either. It's been over a week now, and I haven't had the problem since then.

btw - I read these forums very often, so to the individual saying this thread has already been discussed, I'm sorry, but this is the first time I see this subject in the forums. There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting an issue like this, especially considering how many people are downloading 10.2 today, even though it may have been posted in the past. There are alot more people in the world outside of the people who install leaks. The majority of people are getting 10.2 now, and if they have this issue, it will be good for them to see this thread right away. Not dig in past threads to see if it exists. Thanks OP for posting this!
    10-23-13 03:42 PM

Dude seriously? Some guy makes a helpful post and you come in to say this.... why? It obviously needed a thread because people are having issues. If you wanted this thread closed you should have stayed a mod!

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9, follow @surgecoapps on Twitter for the latest news!
    10-23-13 03:45 PM
    It's Something that's been known talked about and covered for months. Really this is a redundant thread that should be closed

thanks guys! even if I helped only one person out, it was worth it for me as this is my first ever post on the forums.

besides, I'm not gonna bother to argue with a guy who posted from his Nexus 4. tsk tsk.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:55 PM
    Yeah, he's a former bigshot here who abandoned BlackBerry. I try to ignore him. Great first post.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9, follow @surgecoapps on Twitter for the latest news!
    jc dla likes this.
    10-23-13 03:57 PM
    Right sorry I forgot that my use of a device showed how much I know and that I'm just out to get people.

Btw you did a pretty epic fail job at ignoring me.

10-23-13 04:11 PM
    I said try... obviously I failed.

10-23-13 04:16 PM
    GOOD post jc dla . Man o man Kris lighten up a little !
    ddddafadf and jc dla like this.
    10-23-13 04:20 PM
    I tried myself all the workarounds and I saw that they seem to help for a while but then the problems come back. So I spent some time to monitor what could be the cause, and I found some sort of pattern.

What's sure is that the problem is related to the PARENTAL CONTROLS, and only those who have it on had this problem, but there are some more details; I found that having apps in folders is the second part of the problem, and having a different wallpaper for the lock screen then the home screen (which happens when changing wallpaper while parental controls is on) make the problem worse.

So if you have different wallpaper and you then turn of parental controls the icons come back and stays there even you turn it back on, but only till you enter into a folder. As soon you go into a folder and back out, you lost them again. If you have the same wallpapers then it won't happen just by entering a folder, but if you didn't use your device for a while and your device get locked with device password, if after unlocking you enter a folder in the first 5-10 minutes then you will loose them as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:55 AM
    Thanks it's realy work for Me! Now PHONE, SEARCH and CAMERA icons are there!
    Last edited by Pat007; 12-20-13 at 06:27 PM.
    12-20-13 06:12 PM
    I'm just letting you guys know, that after you deactivate Parental Controls, you are free to reactivate it again without the bug coming back. But it does come back each time the device restarts, so you may just repeat the process of deactivating then reactivating it.

Just giving a heads up. Cheers!

BlackBerry Z10 / 10.2.0.1791
    12-20-13 07:46 PM
    I searched, I found this, it solved my problem. Thanks. Although I could have saved myself some reading if people weren't cat-fighting over the value simple self help recommendations. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 05:07 PM
    Thx for that topic,will try this one on the Q5!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:14 PM