Just picked up a new VW today with App connect. How disappointed to find that my BlackBerry Passport can't connect to it. My salesman tried and said that Android, Apple and Windows OS's can but of course BB10 can't! The only saving grace is that I can still use bluetooth. It's so unbelievably ironic that the car uses Blackberry's own QNX as the operating system but can't connect to a blackberry phone. After over 10+ years as a faithful blackberry user I'm afraid it's time to jump ship when my contract is up. Sad really!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbdwayne; 03-01-16 at 05:22 AM.
    02-29-16 11:26 PM
    Seriously, did you think BB10 would connect to it.

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    02-29-16 11:39 PM
    I kind of thought thru Mirrorlink I could of. It's such a great feature of the car and being a sales rep I spend a lot of time in the car! Oh well iPhone next

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 11:43 PM
    It's so unbelievably ironic that the car uses Blackberry's own QNX as the operating system but can't conennct a blackberry phone.
    This is like saying that chimpanzees should make better pets because they have much more DNA in common with humans then dogs or cats, which are more related to wolves and tigers.

It takes a lot more integration, rather than shared code, to make a smart phone interface with a car infotainment system. That QNX car systems would integrate well with BlackBerry smart phones is common assumption around here that doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.
    03-01-16 01:14 AM