I posted a similar question before 10.2 had rolled out and didn't get a lot of responses ... maybe people were unaware of what Miracast was. Now that it's out; does anyone know if there is a way to use Miracast on my Q10 as the host and my Playbook as the receiver (or any other tablet for that matter). I know how to send my screen to a tv that has Miracast, but I'm trying to hook this up in my car. I want to use two playbook on the back of my headrests, play netflix on my Q10, and have that mirrored on the playbook for my kids. Anyone out there who know if this is possible or if there is a tablet (even a small monitor will do) out there that works with miracast and can be the receiver? Or Wifi direct, or DNLA is something I've been reading about too?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 03:00 PM
    Unfortunately that isn't possible. The playbook is not Equipped with the necessary hardware.
    07-04-14 03:15 PM
    Thanks, anyone know of a tablet or small monitor that is?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:11 PM
    I looked around quickly.... seems xda has some info on it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2570102

Didn't read the whole thread, but past tinkering with android your best bet is probably to pick up a small miracast receiver (I use netgear) and hooking that up to an LCD with HDMI.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 05:35 PM
    Thanks, that's the conclusion I came to as well, but it requires quite a bit of wiring (power source, HDMI) to hide to make it look clean in my car. Would be great if I could find a device that acts as a receiver, but the smallest thing I can find is computer monitor that is still way too big. If I can find a device, it will save me from having to get data plans for tablets for my kids.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 07:39 PM
    Could you just use the mobile hot spot from your phone to run the tablets with Netflix?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:32 PM
    You could try this external monitor and add a miracast dongle for the hdmi port...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0041I...UvbUpU10556310

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:33 PM
    Could you just use the mobile hot spot from your phone to run the tablets with Netflix?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but that would cost me money every time I use it. I am grandfathered into an unlimited at&t plan, so I'd rather use miracast because that won't cost me anything.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:16 PM
    You could try this external monitor and add a miracast dongle for the hdmi port...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0041I...UvbUpU10556610

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link; I found this one too. I'm trying to figure out if I can safely get a dongle and power source into my seat without causing a fire. That's why a monitor (or tablet) would be preferred, but it looks like this is all I have for now.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:19 PM
    I posted a similar question before 10.2 had rolled out and didn't get a lot of responses ... maybe people were unaware of what Miracast was. Now that it's out; does anyone know if there is a way to use Miracast on my Q10 as the host and my Playbook as the receiver (or any other tablet for that matter). I know how to send my screen to a tv that has Miracast, but I'm trying to hook this up in my car. I want to use two playbook on the back of my headrests, play netflix on my Q10, and have that mirrored on the playbook for my kids. Anyone out there who know if this is possible or if there is a tablet (even a small monitor will do) out there that works with miracast and can be the receiver? Or Wifi direct, or DNLA is something I've been reading about too?

Posted via CB10

Sorry if reviving a dead post please move or delete but i was looking for something similar and I found this:
    Control any tablet or smartphone from a touchscreen monitor - customGadz

emailed the company and they said it should work with blackberry 10 however may not because it doesn't have a native landscape homescreen like the playbook. Still unsure if I want to take the leap!! Thoughts??
    09-01-14 04:56 PM