Is it possible to get MS teams Group Chat on BB10 somehow?

An android version? or anything?

ideas?

thanks
    06-23-18 05:49 PM
    I wish, but it would be very surprising and most likely very slow. The Android Runtime on BB10 matches the now ancient jelly bean. The js engine is slow compared to current js runtimes in chrome, firefox and edge.

Slack works but is almost unusable on my passport.

Good luck! If you find a client that works, please report back to this thread...

From my BB10 Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-18 07:57 PM
    A year ago when I was still using my Classic, I tried to sideload Teams apk. But the minimum android version it required was 5.0 at that time and would not install. I also remember the web version blocking you and showing some kind of message to download the app.

So I doubt it has gotten more backwards compatible in a year.

If you are a savvy Microsoft user now though, you could rig up a Flow (https://flow.microsoft.com/) to send you an email/sms when you get a teams message, and if you're even savvier still a Flow to send a teams message if you send an email/sms.
    06-23-18 08:40 PM
    Can you or those you are sharing with share a document, sheet, mail folder or One Drive folder?

If any of those can be on your device either from the hub, documents to go, a lotus notes in remember, the stock browser, smart tags, or the One Drive app, and you can edit them. Then you should be able to use it in some way.

It may cost some money though.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-18 12:35 AM
    Sorry OP. I can’t even suggest BBM anymore since it’s losing cross platform functionality. Remaining BB10 solutions are the ones everyone claims to only need as they ride BB10 into sunset. You and your associates can email, text, phone each other.

Next idea, buy Android/IOS device to download Microsoft Teams or Slack and join everyone waiting for you in 2018. Might I suggest, the KEYone or Key2? Good luck!!!!!!!
    mf1982 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-24-18 08:43 AM
    When you have to start ask others to change the tools they are using for work, tools that work on any smartphone from the last 3 or 4 years, you should see that it's over for BB10.

The argument that BB10 is the best for work is now long over.

If it works for you, great, but asking others to go backwards, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Teams, is too much.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-24-18 12:01 PM
    I haven't asked anyone to go backwards. I simply asked if this program worked on BB10.
    06-28-18 03:11 PM
    BBM has lost cross function functionality? In what way? I use it with iphone and android users....
    06-28-18 03:11 PM
    BBM has lost cross function functionality? In what way? I use it with iphone and android users....
    Just saw a new video regarding teams. There was a mention of skypes use with it. Could check that out.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-18 05:31 PM
    BBM for BBOS/BB10 is now a completely separate product from BBM for Android/iOS - the latter being licensed and developed by Emtek and running on their servers, and the former being owned and run by BB until 12/31/2019.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-18 01:50 AM
    BBM for BBOS/BB10 is now a completely separate product from BBM for Android/iOS - the latter being licensed and developed by Emtek and running on their servers, and the former being owned and run by BB until 12/31/2019.
    Yes, but you can keep chatting with users of android and Ios....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 02:47 AM