For any BlackBerry 10 die hards still using the Office Mobile app, Microsoft has announced that they are retiring Office support for all versions of KitKat and Lollipop at the end of this month.

The Office mobile apps for Android, will be ending support for Android 4.x (KitKat) and 5.x (Lollipop) on June 30, 2019. Starting on this date, users with devices running on KitKat, Lollipop or older versions of Android will stop receiving app updates. We recommend that your users upgrade to a newer version of Android.

Note: Outlook for Android will continue to support Android KitKat 5.x (Lollipop) until December 31, 2019. After this date, if you are using a device running an older version of Android, you can access your email and calendar by using the mobile web version of Outlook.

[How does this affect me?]

Users who do not upgrade Android in their devices will be able to continue using the Office apps with limited reliability but will not receive any feature or security updates. If they delete the apps they won't be able to download them again until they update their device to a newer Android version.

[What do I need to do to prepare for this change?]

We recommend that users upgrade their version of Android or access email and calendar using the mobile web version of Outlook.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-06-19 06:15 AM

We recommend that users upgrade their version of Android or access email and calendar using the mobile web version of Outlook.
    That's going to be a bit hard on BB10.
    06-06-19 12:08 PM
    Just another reason to move to a supported platform!
    06-06-19 01:25 PM
    That's going to be a bit hard on BB10.
    Which part? You mean firing up my default BB10 browser, heading over to outlook.com and signing in?
    ...where I can still read /send emails, set up meetings. & appointments, etc.

Wasn't this the way the web was supposed to work? One app to rule them all (browser) and it didn't matter which OS the browser ran on? Because everyone uses standard compliant web sites, right? Right??

Thanks to Microsoft for not breaking things (yet), by the way.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-19 02:16 PM
    Which part?
    upgrade their version of Android
    I'm glad you know how to use a web browser though.
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-06-19 02:17 PM
    Which part? You mean firing up my default BB10 browser, heading over to outlook.com and signing in?

Wasn't this the way the web was supposed to work? One app to rule them all (browser) and it didn't matter which OS the browser ran on? Because everyone uses standard compliant web sites, right? Right??

Thanks to Microsoft for not breaking things (yet), by the way.

Posted via CB10
    Is that a quotation of Mike Lazaridis memo-2007?
    06-06-19 02:21 PM
    Is that a quotation of Mike Lazaridis memo-2007?
    I thought it was a riff on John Chen's app neutrality.
    06-06-19 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    So what about doing more than email? Office Mobile is/was a version of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with a connection to OneDrive. Even the web based versions don't offer all of the features they do.
    06-06-19 07:19 PM
    So what about doing more than email? Office Mobile is/was a version of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with a connection to OneDrive. Even the web based versions don't offer all of the features they do.
    Details, details . . .
    06-06-19 07:21 PM
    For any BlackBerry 10 die hards still using the Office Mobile app, Microsoft has announced that they are retiring Office support for all versions of KitKat and Lollipop at the end of this month.

The Office mobile apps for Android, will be ending support for Android 4.x (KitKat) and 5.x (Lollipop) on June 30, 2019. Starting on this date, users with devices running on KitKat, Lollipop or older versions of Android will stop receiving app updates. We recommend that your users upgrade to a newer version of Android.

Note: Outlook for Android will continue to support Android KitKat 5.x (Lollipop) until December 31, 2019. After this date, if you are using a device running an older version of Android, you can access your email and calendar by using the mobile web version of Outlook.

[How does this affect me?]

Users who do not upgrade Android in their devices will be able to continue using the Office apps with limited reliability but will not receive any feature or security updates. If they delete the apps they won't be able to download them again until they update their device to a newer Android version.

Not that any Blackberry 10 diehards likely need the Android Office Mobile versions since Documents To Go and ActiveSync provide that functionality, and since BB10 only supports Android 4.3 and before it's likely these versions will not run on it anyway....but good tip.
    06-11-19 08:08 PM