Hi All...

I searched and can't find an answer to this one. Sorry if it's been done or over done by now.

I can't put my info on someone else's server/on some cloud, and BBLink is lacking compared to Desktop Mgr. Does MS Outlook (the program, not outlook.com) work on BB10 to backup AND restore calendar and contacts? If so, which version has worked best for you? 2007, 2010? I hear 2013 isn't worth it. Or if you know of an app that's completely reliable and doesn't need a cloud, I'd appreciate the help..

Thank you!
    Q10, Z10 tmo latest OS.
    03-06-14 12:21 PM
    I have Outlook 2010 and it works to Synch with the Hotmail adapter or whatever they call it.

Posted via CB10
    anontoday likes this.
    03-06-14 12:45 PM
    Microsoft Outlook should still be able to synchronise contacts and calendars for accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    anontoday likes this.
    03-06-14 01:02 PM
    Is your email powered by.MS Exchange?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    anontoday likes this.
    03-06-14 01:05 PM
    Is your email powered by.MS Exchange?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Thanks you guys!

No Exchange, iqnetcomdotca. And I'm using pop, not imap. Grab mail on multi devices and laptops and permanently pull off server onto desktop with mega backup system once a week. Rely mostly on mobiles for calendar and contacts and need get them onto that desktop with ability to restore to mobiles. Need know for certain MS Outlook 2010 or something will do it. I miss BlackBerry desktop mgr.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-06-14 01:15 PM
    Thanks you guys!

No Exchange, iqnetcomdotca. And I'm using pop, not imap. Grab mail on multi devices and laptops and permanently pull off server onto desktop with mega backup system once a week. Rely mostly on mobiles for calendar and contacts and need get them onto that desktop with ability to restore to mobiles. Need know for certain MS Outlook 2010 or something will do it. I miss BlackBerry desktop mgr.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    Yes, BB Link syncs calendar and contacts for MS Outlook 2007,10,13, or at least it used to until the latest BB Link download last week. Now it doesn't work at all where it has worked flawlessly up until now. I deleted the new version and loaded an older downloaded version from someone on CB and it will now sync only calendar but not the contacts. Once this bug is fixed (and BB is working on it) then all will be back to normal. Link also can be used to back up and restore app data, media and settings. It does not back up emails. It's actually worked perfectly until last Friday when this bug hit with the new download. Hopefully fixed soon, and I hope this answers your question. Good Luck!
    anontoday likes this.
    03-06-14 02:11 PM
    Thanks you guys!

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    Get off pop. It's outdated and not designed for mobile and multiple devices. Exchange is best, followed by imap.

Posted via CB10
    anontoday likes this.
    03-06-14 03:01 PM
    Yes, BB Link syncs calendar and contacts for MS Outlook 2007,10,13, or at least it used to until the latest BB Link download last week. Now it doesn't work at all where it has worked flawlessly up until now. I deleted the new version and loaded an older downloaded version from someone on CB and it will now sync only calendar but not the contacts. Once this bug is fixed (and BB is working on it) then all will be back to normal. Link also can be used to back up and restore app data, media and settings. It does not back up emails. It's actually worked perfectly until last Friday when this bug hit with the new download. Hopefully fixed soon, and I hope this answers your question. Good Luck!
    Yes it does help.. thank you! can't remember though if I installed last week's update. Don't think I did - was away on the weekend. I will not update it now..., for a long long time and will get myself a copy of Outlook. I've used Link to back up everything else. It did my contacts to windows live mail, but.. ugh. Don't like how it did so, and don't typically keep them there, so it wasn't really a loss to me, but rather interesting to see what Link would do. Calendar option is greyed out though, until I get Outlook.
    03-07-14 12:03 AM
    Get off pop. It's outdated and not designed for mobile and multiple devices. Exchange is best, followed by imap.

Posted via CB10
    I know pop is outdated, but we're stuck there for now. 2 businesses, all set up and one can't keep anything on someone else's server for long. ISP won't do IMAP and changing at this point? I'd rather buy an iPhone.. lol. Might consider Exchange tho, don't want to use my own server.. their's seems extremely secure -- can't hurt to give them a call. Thanks! Till then, I'll try Outlook...
    03-07-14 12:09 AM
    Hit if you're looking for high performance hosted exchange

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3) on 10.3.0.725 beta
    10-18-14 08:57 AM