I cant access my email, contacts or calendar anymore on any of my mobile devices anymore , mainly BB10 devices. Started approximately 1 week ago. Only seems to be effecting any non-Microsoft hardware or software trying to access account. All the devices went down at the same time. This is what I've tries so far:

• Factory reset devices , no change
    • Remove and reinstall accounts, no change
    • Contact M.S., no change
    • Contact Blackberry, no change
    • Tried a different account on the same devices(worked)

Devices used:

• BB10 latest version, Passport, Leap and Z-30 O/S supported through end of 2019
    • Em-Client (PC Software), connection error
    • Outlook 2016 (PC Software) works after password install but won’t remember

Anybody have any ideas
    07-05-19 03:55 PM
    Hmmm. I think I have two hotmail accounts (including calendar and contacts) still working for my z10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-05-19 05:25 PM
    Got an outlook.com email account set up as Exchange on my Z10, and it's still working.

That same account is set up in the BlackBerry Inbox on my Galaxy S9 along with a work Office365 EAS account. Both working fine there too.
    07-05-19 05:43 PM
    I cant access my email, contacts or calendar anymore on any of my mobile devices anymore , mainly BB10 devices. Started approximately 1 week ago. Only seems to be effecting any non-Microsoft hardware or software trying to access account. All the devices went down at the same time. This is what I've tries so far:

• Factory reset devices , no change
    • Remove and reinstall accounts, no change
    • Contact M.S., no change
    • Contact Blackberry, no change
    • Tried a different account on the same devices(worked)

Devices used:

• BB10 latest version, Passport, Leap and Z-30 O/S supported through end of 2019
    • Em-Client (PC Software), connection error
    • Outlook 2016 (PC Software) works after password install but won’t remember

Anybody have any ideas
    Hey custmblt,

First, since you mentioned that the OS is supported through the end of 2019, I wanted to clarify that everything that is not Blackberry World will continue to work on Blackberry 10 well into 2020 and beyond. It is a popular misconception that various services/functions will shut down at the end of the year so I try to clarify that point wherever applicable/possible.

Regarding your problem with Microsoft accounts: have you checked your settings to see if Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) has somehow been triggered on your account? Also, if I may ask, is this a personal Microsoft e-mail account or is it a work account (possibly through Office 365)?
    07-05-19 11:00 PM
    T.T., thanks so much for the reply. The account in question is a private outlook.com profile. It seems to be isolated to just just that account as my work accounts work fine. Microsoft hasn't offered solution as of yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-19 01:55 AM
    Must be an isolated issue. My outlook.com still connects to my Z10 right now.

Can you log in from a PC, and see if your device shows up under "Settings" > "General" > "Mobile Devices"? If it does show up, click on the pencil icon to see its "Access State".

Edit:

Just to check, what is the server address for your account. There are several, but I use eas.outlook.com, and that seems to work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joeldf; 07-06-19 at 01:19 PM.
    07-06-19 12:58 PM
    Joel ,
    Yes I've cecked the status to include removing all devises. Today I've seen a change in that now all the devices say not connected but if I reenter my account password it will sync but stop and ask for the password again....no matter how many times I enter the password or what device to include office 2016 outlook email client it always does the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-19 06:58 PM
    Web Access works fine

Posted via CB10
    07-06-19 08:31 PM
    Did you check the server address in the account settings on the BB10 device?

As I mentioned, on my Z10, it's set for "eas.outlook.com".

Yet, on my two main android devices (a Galaxy S9 and an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet), running the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite, and a rooted 1st Gen Kindle Fire Tablet running an Android 5 ROM using the stock AOSP email app, are set for "outlook.office365.com".

I do seem to recall that the Z10 liked the eas.outlook address better.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
    07-06-19 09:32 PM
    Tried both of those already, no change..

Posted via CB10
    07-06-19 10:38 PM
    Tried both of those already, no change..

Posted via CB10
    Hey custmblt,

I think you have mentioned that your desktop Outlook also does not remember your password for this account as well, yes? If so this is further evidence of an issue with your account itself rather than your device. Have you tried adding a new Outlook profile with your Outlook.com account?
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-06-19 10:46 PM
    I believe you are correct....might just be out of luck!.....I spent the last few days going in circles with MS . Ironically soon as you mention the work blackberry they say they don't support them in fact if you want to add a device to your account it's not even an option anymore. Super frustrating someone at MS can't fix this for me! Sure appreciate all the suggestions from ever body, maybe someone out there from MS can help. Not ready to give up my BB yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 12:18 AM
    I believe you are correct....might just be out of luck!.....I spent the last few days going in circles with MS . Ironically soon as you mention the work blackberry they say they don't support them in fact if you want to add a device to your account it's not even an option anymore. Super frustrating someone at MS can't fix this for me! Sure appreciate all the suggestions from ever body, maybe someone out there from MS can help. Not ready to give up my BB yet.

Posted via CB10
    Hi custm,

Don't give up just yet! Blackberries are still fully supported by ActiveSync. I'm also an IT Consultant and work extensively with Microsoft technologies, so with that background, I can tell you that MS support is often useless whether or not you are using Blackberry devices.

Were you able to follow my suggestion about adding a new Outlook profile? Let me know if you need more info on how to do that--happy to provide a step-by-step.
    07-07-19 12:54 AM
    Do you mean by creating a new profile through outlook mail client?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 01:05 AM
    Do you mean by creating a new profile through outlook mail client?

Posted via CB10
    That is exactly what I mean, yes. (Although typically it's easier to do it via Control Panel and the Mail applet than to use Outlook itself.)
    07-07-19 01:25 AM
    Didn't work gives me two errors...403 forbidden and EAS:sever can't be found. Web still works fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 01:47 AM
    Didn't work gives me two errors...403 forbidden and EAS:sever can't be found. Web still works fine.

Posted via CB10
    Hang on a minute here custm....are you saying that when you tried to create a new profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel on desktop Outlook it gave you an error that mentioned EAS? If so, would you mind including a screenshot?
    07-07-19 02:12 AM
    OK, after a few times deleting the old profile a creating a new one it's partially working but still getting a 403 error. After reading a post from twitter it seems my problem isn't isolated to me. If I get the other error I'll upload a screen shot...for now my account is unusable except for the web access ...I'll give it another go tomorrow.....thanks for all the great ideas.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 02:32 AM
    OK, after a few times deleting the old profile a creating a new one it's partially working but still getting a 403 error. I after reading a post from twitter it seems my problem isn't isolated to me. It I get the other error I'll upload a screen shot...for now my account is unusable except for the web access ...ill get it another go tomorrow.....thanks for all the great ideas.

Posted via CB10
    This is really weird custm, as 403 errors should not even come into play when creating a new profile in Outlook (there's no web browser involved to display the 403 error). Definitely upload a screenshot if you get any error whatsoever when trying again tomorrow. Please also feel free to PM me (click my username in orange, then PM in blue to the right of Posts) if you want to take this off this thread as it's pretty clear it's an Outlook problem now. Either way let us know...I want to help get your account going in general and specifically on your BB10 device.
    Last edited by TrumpetTiger; 07-07-19 at 02:49 AM.
    07-07-19 02:36 AM
    It is weird for sure...ill get back to you tomorrow some time and give you an update.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 02:42 AM
    You have to create a unique password for the account, you do that in the webmail, in the security section.

If you can't find it, I'll guide you when I got home and be in front of the settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 04:51 PM
    You have to create a unique password for the account, you do that in the webmail, in the security section.

If you can't find it, I'll guide you when I got home and be in front of the settings.

Posted via CB10
    Render, that sounds like it only applies when MFA is turned on. Are you saying MFA has been forced on all Outlook.com accounts at this point?
    07-07-19 04:59 PM
    Changing the PW did nothing.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 09:29 PM
    You have to enter the security options : "app passwords" then select the option "create a new app password", the password (letters and numbers) you put that as a password in the blackberry mail settings.

It should work

Microsoft Activesync not working.-screen-shot-2019-07-07-11.32.42-pm.png
    07-07-19 11:40 PM
    You have to enter the security options : "app passwords" then select the option "create a new app password", the password (letters and numbers) you put that as a password in the blackberry mail settings.

It should work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 11.32.42 PM.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	445172
    Render, I see from your screenshot you do indeed have MFA enabled. As a note to anyone who finds this thread, the app password would only apply if this is turned on. (Again, unless you are saying all Outlook.com accounts have been forced to turn on MFA Render?)

Posted via CB10
    07-07-19 11:53 PM
41 12