Hi, so I was having this microphone issue with my Z10 that a lot of people seem to be having.
    The microphone doesn't record or work during phonecalls unless I'm on speaker mode. It was really irritating. I was told that it might be a software issue.
    I then bought a Z30. Now the microphone works fine on phone calls but it doesn't work when recording sound or camera or any other app.

Any idea what the problem is here??
    06-27-14 10:09 AM
    Hi, so I was having this microphone issue with my Z10 that a lot of people seem to be having.
    The microphone doesn't record or work during phonecalls unless I'm on speaker mode. It was really irritating. I was told that it might be a software issue.
    I then bought a Z30. Now the microphone works fine on phone calls but it doesn't work when recording sound or camera or any other app.

Have you given the app permission to use the microphone?
    06-27-14 11:11 AM
    Have you given the app permission to use the microphone?
    Well a couple of apps yes like SoundHound and others.. But I wiped them all off now anyway and it still doesn't work. Its very strange. Just tried recording a video and still no sound without one added app on the phone. But phone calls work, even Voice Control works.
    06-27-14 12:44 PM
    Have you tried rebooting the device after removing those apps?
    Have you tried the BlackBerry Virtual Expert after that and seeing what results you get?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    06-27-14 01:06 PM
    Tried everything. My Z10 has a microphone problem.

My Z30.. I just dont understand. It doesnt record anything for the camera and other apps BUT the microphone works!!!!
    06-27-14 01:31 PM
    Random but I've fixed a z10 with microphone and speaker problems and I found the problem was the contacts on the motherboard weren't touching the contacts on the part of the microphone, don't know if that applies to u just shooting some ideas

Posted via BlackBerry Z30, BBM PIN: 2B696079
    06-27-14 01:48 PM

Do a secure wipe and try it, if you have a backup to restore don't until you can verify that the microphone works or doesn't.

Then do your restore, if the microphone fails than there some configuration file that is corrupted or the wrong version that even your backup backs up.
    06-27-14 01:51 PM
    Do a secure wipe and try it, if you have a backup to restore don't until you can verify that the microphone works or doesn't.

Then do your restore, if the microphone fails than there some configuration file that is corrupted or the wrong version that even your backup backs up.
    I have wiped both devices and tried without restoring...
    The Z10 mic just won't work at all on a regular phone call. It doesn't record any voice notes either. It probably is a hardware problem like adrianod1993 says...

The Z30 mic works great but it doesn't work to record voice notes.
    This one makes me very confused.
    06-27-14 02:00 PM