I've been trying to figure this out for some time, and I need some help.

I have three phones. Let's call them Phones A, B, and C.

Phones A and B, respectively, contain two different applications downloaded from BBW years ago. Let's call them Application 1 and Application 2. Phone A contains Application 1; Phone B contains Application 2. However, Phone A does not contain Application 2, and phone B does not contain Application 1. In other words, each phone (A and B) contains an app which the other does not.

Phone C is a brand-new BB10 device with nothing on it yet.

Using BlackBerry Link or Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, I can easily move either Application 1 OR Application 2 to Phone C by making a backup of either Phone A or Phone B and restoring it onto Phone C. However, I cannot get Application 1 AND Application 2 onto Phone C, because each time I restore from Phone A or Phone B to Phone C, it wipes the application already imported from the other phone.

Is there any way to get Application 1 AND Application 2 onto Phone C?

Thank you!
    02-10-18 05:05 PM

Phones A and B, respectively, contain two different applications downloaded from BBW years ago. Let's call them Application 1 and Application 2. Phone A contains Application 1; Phone B contains Application 2. However, Phone A does not contain Application 2, and phone B does not contain Application 1. In other words, each phone (A and B) contains an app which the other does not.

Using BlackBerry Link or Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, I can easily move either Application 1 OR Application 2 to Phone C by making a backup of either Phone A or Phone B and restoring it onto Phone C. However, I cannot get Application 1 AND Application 2 onto Phone C, because each time I restore from Phone A or Phone B to Phone C, it wipes the application already imported from the other phone.

Thank you!
    Have you tried loading one application onto the new phone and then the other? I was under the impression that when you restore apps to a phone, it doesn't delete the apps that are already on it. I was under the impression that it only adds apps that weren't on there previously.
    02-11-18 10:00 PM

Thank you!
    Just do a selective restore. Pick only the single app you want.
    02-11-18 10:13 PM
    Just do a selective restore. Pick only the single app you want.
    I've never heard of that. That sounds amazing!

Do you know if this is possible with Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, or only BlackBerry link?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-18 12:42 AM
    I've never heard of that. That sounds amazing!

Do you know if this is possible with Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, or only BlackBerry link?

Posted via CB10
    I've only done it with Link.

All devices will need to have the same BBID. The target device also has to have the same or newer OS.
    02-12-18 12:43 AM