I've been suffering without epocrates!
    04-05-13 03:45 PM
    Check out Dental Terms Glossary in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20402774

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:13 AM
    I'd also like to see epocrates. Uptodate for BB10 would also be ideal. Will have to keep emailing and tweeting them.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:44 AM
    Lexicomp http://www.lexi.com/ has a whole suite of medical apps. License is expensive but luckily our hospital has paid for site wide access license. They run very well on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:53 AM
    I think it is key to get some medical apps on BB to win back some of the medical folks(students and residents). It is all iphone with this crowd.

On a side note...I do not know how many times I have seen residents text back and forth about patients....this is an angle that BB should play up...imagine the outrage if it was widely known that patient information was being sent in an unsecured manner.
    04-07-13 09:01 AM
    This should not be unexpected. If BB10 does well, companies like this will develop apps at some point.
    Need bosses to own a Z10 each and ask for the app. That will get the ball rolling.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:06 AM
    I think it is key to get some medical apps on BB to win back some of the medical folks(students and residents). It is all iphone with this crowd.

On a side note...I do not know how many times I have seen residents text back and forth about patients....this is an angle that BB should play up...imagine the outrage if it was widely known that patient information was being sent in an unsecured manner.
    Medical handover is a huge issue and THE potential killer app if one can make one that accommodates all the electronic privacy criteria while best mimicking the system of little slips of paper and problem lists that housestaff use when handing over patients. No such app exists right now, other than a few home-grown apps developed locally.

Any devs out there who happen to be an MD or have intimate exposure to the day-to-day life of a hospital based practice should realize this.
    04-07-13 05:04 PM
    Bb should approach hospitals with large house-staff services with blackberry balance. I know my hospital bought us all iPads this year because the EMR works on iOS. Similarly, imagine if blackberry devices were given out, or budgeted for in house staff contracts, and a secure method of discussing patients was possible via a balance app.

As a side note - I just realized that I side loaded epocrates onto my Playbook. Has anybody tried that for the z10?

And I want/need a native Citrix app!
    04-08-13 01:12 AM

This sounds like an opportunity for a segregated BBM in the Work Perimeter / Partition.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 01:49 AM
    Hey there.......,just download CB10 on my Z10 but cant seem to log-in with my CB forum username. Please help!
    04-08-13 08:48 AM
    You might find maybe 1 or 2 apps from this list in the bb app world. That's why I'm not taking the bite like I did with the 9900. No matter how good the Q10 looks I would never sacrifice productivity for looks (again).
    Attached Thumbnails Medical Apps for BB10-dvmogjv.jpg  
    04-08-13 01:56 PM
    Successfully side loaded epocrates. Works just fine, even plays nice with the active frame by showing a nice epocrates logo.
    Medical Apps for BB10-img_00000286.png

Medical Apps for BB10-img_00000287.png
    04-16-13 02:57 AM
    Got an email from Medscape this morning with this to say. . .
    We intend to take Medscape to the next level, one that embraces the need for change and zooms in on the ways to get there -- the ways to provide better, more efficient care for your patients. We are all connected, with only a few electrons that separate us. I welcome your ideas and feedback about Medscape, so please direct emails to [email protected] or follow me on Twitter at @EricTopol.

Sincerely,

Eric J. Topol, MD
    Editor-in-Chief of Medscape
    So there you have it. . .I already sent an email asking for BB10 support. . .
    05-06-13 07:36 AM

Well it's the same here even lectures (held by doctors) are dominated by the 'apple'.
    All I see, when I look around, are iPhones and Androids. There are just two people in my semester I know, that used BB. One of them dropped it recently for the HTC One.

I think there is a lot of work ahead, if BB wants to catch up. Thieme Medical Publishers for example, has some great Apps, but only on iOS. Not even Androide (because of that lack of supported versions).

edit | in case anybody is interested: https://www.thieme.de/shop/search?q=...utor=&subject=
    05-26-13 05:48 AM
    I really miss Medscape.
    05-26-13 06:09 AM
    My girlfriend is pretty happy with the sideloaded epocrates and medscape applications. Give them a go, yo.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:11 PM
    Well that's good to read. No problems at all?
    05-28-13 05:04 AM
    So far she hasn't had any problems, but I don't know how extensive her use has been. Usually she lets me know.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:53 AM
    On BB Passport...using Snap's Google app store, I downloaded epocrates, webMD, and medscape---they all work fine.
    01-10-15 12:34 PM
44 12