Is it more trouble than its worth? Just curious if android apps have any issues accessing the files when the card is encrypted and when new files are downloaded from the browser and such are they also encrypted?

I never remove my SD card so that's not an issue. I've had a look at blackberries documentation but I wanted first hand opinions.

Thanks

Q10 - 10.3.2.2204/SR .2134  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    06-22-15 10:53 AM
    Is it more trouble than its worth? Just curious if android apps have any issues accessing the files when the card is encrypted and when new files are downloaded from the browser and such are they also encrypted?

I never remove my SD card so that's not an issue. I've had a look at blackberries documentation but I wanted first hand opinions.

Thanks

It works fine... the little I used it way back at the launch. But I don't really need the encryption, and I had something go wrong and lost everything as there is no getting back into an encrypted card if the system doesn't recognize it. Where as there are plenty of programs to recover data on a damaged card for Windows.

So if you "need it" use it, but play it safe and backup!
    06-22-15 11:02 AM
    It works fine... the little I used it way back at the launch. But I don't really need the encryption, and I had something go wrong and lost everything as there is no getting back into an encrypted card if the system doesn't recognize it. Where as there are plenty of programs to recover data on a damaged card for Windows.

So if you "need it" use it, but play it safe and backup!
    Thank you, it does sound rather sketchy. The only instance where it would come in handy is if your device was lost or stolen. I will keep my personal stuff on my device memory that way it's inaccessible to the thief without my password

06-22-15 11:10 AM
    I won't be encrypting my SD card ever again.. I think it does burn more battery and tax the hardware..
    I just wiped my phone and did NOT decrypt my media card first...smh
    Now I see all my files but can't access them..what a mess

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:00 PM
    So, do you think I should restore from a backup that made my phone run slow? And will this allow me access to my pics?

(I have accepted the idea of all is lost and format the card..)

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:03 PM
    Do what ever you want, but when you encryped the SDCARD you were warned. I suppose it depends on how bad you want your files back. However restoring a backup doesn't guarantee you will be able to decrypt your files.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    10-24-15 10:25 PM
    Yeah I'm gonna sit on it for a few days and then reformat it.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:50 PM
    It's too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a utility for decrypting the card with a password on a PC.
    10-25-15 01:25 AM
    It's too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a utility for decrypting the card with a password on a PC.
    Except that in order to do that would require everything necessary to decrypt the SDCARD, except the password, be on the SDCARD. Since that password is the device password. That would allow someone who got possession of your BlackBerry to use the SDCARD to brute force your password. This was actually the way it was on early BBOS devices until a security researchers demonstrated the technique. There wasn't such a utility, but you could recover SDCARD content after a wipe with the password.

Really, whether you encryped the SDCARD or not, if there is data on your SDCARD that you don't want to loose, back it up. There are so many things that can happen to that data, or the card that will result in data loss.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 08:18 AM