Just guessing - this item will probably become unavailable after 04-JAN?
    12-03-21 10:43 PM
    Which driver(s)? Do you mean the ones that get installed as part of Link software on a PC/laptop, or the ones that reside on the BB10 devices and are installable onto a PC/laptop from the devices when connecting via USB?

There is probably commonality to both, and I am guessing after the deadline the phones will still be able to pop-up the "use connection to install drivers" message. I am not sure if it is yet clear if the installation process on the PC/laptop requires a successful "call home", but I assume not, and also assume this could be tested rather easily already now with a phone and a PC/laptop that are simply disconnected from the internet.
    12-04-21 09:00 AM
    Which driver(s)? Do you mean the ones that get installed as part of Link software on a PC/laptop, or the ones that reside on the BB10 devices and are installable onto a PC/laptop from the devices when connecting via USB?

There is probably commonality to both, and I am guessing after the deadline the phones will still be able to pop-up the "use connection to install drivers" message. I am not sure if it is yet clear if the installation process on the PC/laptop requires a successful "call home", but I assume not, and also assume this could be tested rather easily already now with a phone and a PC/laptop that are simply disconnected from the internet.
    He's asking about the drivers that download after inserting an SD card into the device.
    Regarding the question, the OP's guess is as good as mine.
    12-04-21 09:29 AM
    [QUOTE=Ben xfg;13608535]He's asking about the drivers that download after inserting an SD card into the device.
    Regarding the question, the OP's guess is as good as mine.[/QUOTE

https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000005461

I think the above implies that up to 2Gb cards have that support as of 10.2.1.3175? So no further action would be needed if one decided to insert a large card. No?
    12-04-21 09:36 AM
    He's asking about the drivers that download after inserting an SD card into the device.
    Regarding the question, the OP's guess is as good as mine.
    Oh. I was not aware that a BB10 device downloads drivers after one inserts an SD card into it. I guess I do not switch out my SD cards from my BB10 devices very often, because I have never noticed that.

I would suspect that if BB10 devices need to periodically successfully get something from BlackBerry backend servers, in order for their media card interfaces to properly function, then there would be risk that will also not work after the deadline.

Curious however if anything about that was specifically listed on the BlackBerry statement for the "services that will be impacted". However, maybe it is covered by one of the general services listed.
    12-04-21 09:38 AM
    Any card over 32Gb needs to be formatted as exFat. This can be done using a computer but NOT the BB10 device afaik. Once the card is formatted it can then be inserted, recognized by the device, and the default folders, Books, Camera, Documents, downloads, music, photos etc are then automatically installed on the card as long as your OS is above that 10.2.1.xxxx minimum. This is done WITHOUT a connection to BB services or id but rather through the OS itself.
    MadMax636 likes this.
    12-04-21 10:05 AM
    Any card over 32Gb needs to be formatted as exFat.
    Thank you! That I did not know.
    All well now and into 2022.
    (At least as far as hi-capacity SD cards are concerned.)
    MadMax636 likes this.
    12-04-21 01:43 PM