I have noticed that as many people as on this forum & from my research asking Blackberry directly for help on Blend that other than the usual " reload the software, reboot the PC, try a new cable..." there isn't much out there. I have seen several posts on various threads asking about "limited connectivity to" errors. Once the above are issued from those on the forums the topic dies a slow death. I appreciate people stepping in a giving suggestions for resolution, but for Blend connectivity issues there isn't much help.

I have this issue with my new Passport and called Blackberry this morning and they gave the same solutions and of course nothing helped the situation. They told me they would research the problem and get back to me. I am not expecting much.

Has anyone else with this problem run into the same road blocks?

Thanks for reading my rant, sorry if I offended any one and thanks for any responses.
    02-12-15 07:37 AM
    Did you ever have it working ?
    02-12-15 07:53 AM
    99% of the connectivity problems are not related to the Blend software, but to the user's computer and network setup. Difficult to troubleshoot for sure.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-12-15 07:57 AM
    Did you ever have it working ?
    It has never worked with a combination of leaked OS, official OS, Z10, Z30 and now Passport. Tried it on three different computers. Turned off all firewall, spyware etc. Not sure where to continue from here.
    02-12-15 08:09 AM
    99% of the connectivity problems are not related to the Blend software, but to the user's computer and network setup. Difficult to troubleshoot for sure.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Network issues should be removed using only USB and mobile option turned off, correct?

Thanks for confirming that this isn't easy.
    02-12-15 08:11 AM
    Uninstall everything BlackBerry from your pc
    Hook up your phone with the latest official or leaked os.
    Install blend, link and drivers by plugging in your phone to your pc, not by downloading the package from BlackBerry.
    Restart pc
    Try again
    02-12-15 08:11 AM
    Network issues should be removed using only USB and mobile option turned off, correct?

Thanks for confirming that this isn't easy.
    nope, that's why your device gets an IP address and sets up a VPN for the USB connection.
    02-12-15 08:13 AM
    nope, that's why your device gets an IP address and sets up a VPN for the USB connection.
    You learn something new everyday of you keep your mind open. Thanks for the information.
    02-12-15 08:16 AM
    Uninstall everything BlackBerry from your pc
    Hook up your phone with the latest official or leaked os.
    Install blend, link and drivers by plugging in your phone to your pc, not by downloading the package from BlackBerry.
    Restart pc
    Try again
    I will try this and get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
    02-12-15 08:17 AM
    I had the limited connectivity error for the longest time. Installing as autoloader on my phone and starting fresh is what fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 08:37 AM
    I will try this and get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
    I removed all Blackberry software via the control panel utility. Restarted the PC. Connected my Passport to the PC. Installed the Blackberry software and drivers via the auto loader on the phone. Restarted the PC. Error now reads "limited connectivity to Mikes-Passport."

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know you could install the software from the phone. BTW I am using 10.3.1.2072.
    02-12-15 08:56 AM
    I believe IPv6 is a requirement. Some people may have it disabled, causing connectivity issues. Or there could be some old network equipment causing trouble.
    02-12-15 09:40 AM
    Thought hit me after the loading of software off of the phone scenario. I rebooted the phone using the volume buttons and locked the work space. I get the same error.

Looked at the IPv6 and it is turned on my wireless adapter and getting a valid address.

When I connected the I get the spinning circle in the Hub and email windows and then the error.

I appreciate everyone's help on this.
    02-12-15 09:53 AM
    I apologize for not contributing anything to this issue. I just would like to say that mine works as intended without any issues. I just loaded the leaked 10.3.1.2243 and I remembered to install blend a few days later. The install wizard asked me to close link, then later, it asked me how i am connected to the network, and i said wireless....and after the install process, blend is on my screen with all the details from my Q10.
    02-12-15 11:15 AM
    I apologize for not contributing anything to this issue. I just would like to say that mine works as intended without any issues. I just loaded the leaked 10.3.1.2243 and I remembered to install blend a few days later. The install wizard asked me to close link, then later, it asked me how i am connected to the network, and i said wireless....and after the install process, blend is on my screen with all the details from my Q10.
    Thanks for the input I will have Link connect via wireless and see if it helps.
    02-12-15 11:56 AM
    It may be stupid question, but you did allow connections on device itself through the blend app? If you did, may be try to disallow and allow it again. I never had a problem with 10.3.1 any leaked version. I mean since they let us use it.
    02-12-15 12:25 PM
    It is not always detected, and so forth not displayed/prompted...
    The online version of blend for the computer and your version of BB10 device must be the same... you know, the saying to update to last version thing...

I suggest to delete Blend from your device and reinstall again from BlackBerry World and for your PC, do the same, uninstall Blend and reinstall again.

No need to wipe, no need to reset/reboot.

But you should make the first connection with the USB and make sure you tick the right options on the installation. Don�t tick "never ask/show again" don't allow automatic update coz if the computer updates and your device not, there would be a discordance in the versions.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-12-15 12:34 PM
    It may be stupid question, but you did allow connections on device itself through the blend app? If you did, may be try to disallow and allow it again. I never had a problem with 10.3.1 any leaked version. I mean since they let us use it.
    Not stupid at all. Connections were allowed, I toggled off and then on and same result. I have come to the conclusion that it has to be something really stupid I am doing. I say that because I have not had it working on the Z10, Z30 and now Passport. I've used two different laptops (HPs) and my desktop at work (Dell.) Maybe I'm not going to be allowed to cheat at work using it by the overlords of Blackberry. ;-)
    02-12-15 12:36 PM
    Really weird... in my household Ihave 3xZ30s and have two of them on mac and one on PC and one of them on Ipad as well. All working and really did not fight at all. Maybe you did mention that in your previos posts, but if you chose USB instead would tha twork?
    02-12-15 12:42 PM
    It is not always detected, and so forth not displayed/prompted...
    The online version of blend for the computer and your version of BB10 device must be the same... you know, the saying to update to last version thing...

I suggest to delete Blend from your device and reinstall again from BlackBerry World and for your PC, do the same, uninstall Blend and reinstall again.

No need to wipe, no need to reset/reboot.

But you should make the first connection with the USB and make sure you tick the right options on the installation. Don’t tick "never ask/show again" don't allow automatic update coz if the computer updates and your device not, there would be a discordance in the versions.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    How do I delete it from my device?
    02-12-15 12:44 PM
    I don't think you can as it is part of the os. Unless you want to do it with sachesi etc... I do assume it is up to date version though?
    02-12-15 12:48 PM
    locked the work space. I get the same error.

You mention locking the work space. Are you on a corporate BES, could this be blocking Blend use?
    02-12-15 12:54 PM
    You mention locking the work space. Are you on a corporate BES, could this be blocking Blend use?
    Great question. I will have to ask the group that handles it.
    02-12-15 12:57 PM
    Great question. I will have to ask the group that handles it.
    It is probably a setting in the BES, otherwise users could just connect with Blend and screen capture data on a PC.
    02-12-15 01:00 PM
    Sorry... just update it.

Then there are 2 activations on the device:

When you open Blend, you can toggle to on here:

IS it me or does Blend expetise not exist?-img_20150212_203720.png

But it would only work if you activate the icon like you do with wifi/connection: blend and wifi must be activated! (or blend and USB cable)
    IS it me or does Blend expetise not exist?-img_20150212_204044.png

IS it me or does Blend expetise not exist?-img_20150212_204108.png

02-12-15 01:43 PM
37 12