The current pace at which the new 10.2.1 articles are released seems very fast. You can see some of them hardly get any replies before 1 or 2 new articles are already up and take up all the attention.

Some of the tutorial/instructional posts are not getting the spotlight they should be getting (judging by the number of 'obsolete question'-topics), and some of the new functions have already 'disappeared' from view.

Take the iGrann topic for example, it was only up for a short while, followed by an Instagram .apk instruction, a direct competitor! The iGrann app totally deserved to be front-and-center longer if you ask me... same goes for Snap.
    Or look all the .apk/appstore instructional articles; there have been so many in such a short time, no wonder some users remain so confused!

At this rate, the amount of useful coverage of 10.2.1 will already be over after just a few days (even before some of our devices have even settled in), and any possibility of creating a bit of lasting 'buzz' around BlackBerry will be missed.
    _____

Or am I the only one who feels that way?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    01-29-14 12:59 PM
    I think the same actually.. but on the other hand it's always good to wow the users with the updates.

People should learn to search for the info they need

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-29-14 01:15 PM
    I don't agree. Members are experiencing different problems with different apps. I appreciate that there is an article available for whatever app I am focused on. Keep the instructions coming!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:18 PM
    Hi. Exactly what do you mean about the pace of "articles"? If you mean threads started by the membership here at CB, there is no way to regulate how many are posted. Many people just like to post their questions and thats how there are so many
    01-29-14 01:35 PM
    I was talking about the frontpage articles. I know it is good to spread the word about 10.2.1 as much as possible, and CB writers do a good job! But most of the articles are short and superficial, and the 'important' ones are already out of the spotlight.

By important I mean articles about the actual BB10 features and apps, or the one about the runtime not working + sending bug reports.
    Not .apk tutorials for random apps that are all basically the same ("install Amazon, log in, buy&install, buyer beware").

Those would much better be placed in like a daily/weekly "check out these Android apps that we thoroughly tested", instead of a "try it, no guarantee it works" approach.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    01-29-14 02:43 PM