found a back door to facebook server , might have been good fb "dropped" bb10 support , https://thehackernews.com/2016/04/ha...k-account.html
    04-24-16 04:11 PM
    And when FB fixes this, then what?
    04-24-16 06:10 PM
    it will be hacked again and again and again and again and again again and again again and again again and again...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    velkod likes this.
    04-24-16 06:33 PM
    it will be hacked again and again and again and again and again again and again again and again again and again...

So you think it is good no fb for BlackBerry 10? Right?
    04-24-16 06:37 PM
    Cause we don't like it, it is good. Pffft
    04-24-16 06:49 PM
    Well the way this back door was found, someone else hacked it and found it, so yea hacked again and again and again.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 07:08 PM
    So you think it is good no fb for BlackBerry 10? Right?
    No, I think it's a BIG loss for BlackBerry 10. FB has over a billion users and it's a damn shame BlackBerry 10 is no longer supported.

But for me personally... I think Facebook is a waste of time and a serious privacy threat.

Uzi, anon(9184750) and gugomat like this.
    04-24-16 07:35 PM
    I dropped Facebook months ago and haven't looked back.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    04-24-16 09:24 PM
    Facebook is such a waste of time.
    But it's not good that FB dropped BlackBerry. BlackBerry has users that would like to waste time. Just not as many as Android or ios or windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 12:02 AM
    A billion people use Facebook to keep in touch with family, friends, coworkers, customers, etc...

How is it good BlackBerry is no longer supported by Facebook?
    04-25-16 12:14 AM
    A billion people use Facebook to keep in touch with family, friends, coworkers, customers, etc...

^^^^ This ^^^^

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    04-25-16 04:28 AM

Have you ever read the permissions of the fb app , I mean you sign your name to something that you know nothing about, what good is that, you can't even say you signed under duress because fb isn't a utility or something that if you didn't have it you'd die the ppl that use it to talk to family, lol @ them for being chumps.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 07:40 AM
    Facebook is such a waste of time.
    But it's not good that FB dropped BlackBerry. BlackBerry has users that would like to waste time. Just not as many as Android or ios or windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    I see people at work with android and iphones who practically live on facebook. Makes me wonder how they ever get S*&*% done.
    04-25-16 08:03 AM

Although they have hundred more ways to do so!

Posted via Passport,
    04-25-16 08:12 AM

There may be a billion plus accounts but how many are regular users. Not a billion.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 08:34 AM
    There may be a billion plus accounts but how many are regular users. Not a billion.

Posted via CB10
    Over 1 billion monthly active users.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-25-16 08:43 AM
    Yes, there is a good thing... my battery on my Z10 lasts longer & I waste less time on Facebook too.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 08:57 AM
    Have you ever read the permissions of the fb app , I mean you sign your name to something that you know nothing about, what good is that, you can't even say you signed under duress because fb isn't a utility or something that if you didn't have it you'd die the ppl that use it to talk to family, lol @ them for being chumps.

Posted via CB10
    Huh, I didn't know people that wanna talk to and keep in touch with family and friends are chumps
    04-25-16 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have you read you cell phone contract... you'd be surprised what they can do with your info too...

We all agree to things that we shouldn't, because it's either agree or not have that service. But in today's world, Instagram and FaceBook are part of communicating with others - can you go through life without them.... YES. Just like you don't have to have Cable/Satellite Television, you don't have to have an email address, you don't have to own a smartphone.
    Polt likes this.
    04-25-16 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you're careful about the sorts of stuff you put on Facebook and ensure the security settings are locked down tight enough, Facebook isn't a particularly big threat to privacy.

Now think about the app permissions on your device. You want Facebook contacts sync'd to your phone - you need to give the app access to your contacts. You want to be able to upload a photo you just took to Facebook? Now you need to allow the app to access your photos. It's just the mechanism by which the app functions.

While I do prefer BlackBerry 10 for the permissions system, I'm more worried about a rogue flashlight type app wanting access to my contacts than Facebook.
    Troy Tiscareno and Just TM like this.
    04-25-16 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you are truly worried about privacy, The internet is not for you at all.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    04-25-16 08:18 PM
    FB ?
    did I missed anything?
    what stands FB for anyway ? ... must be "Fools Bog" .. if I recall it right ;-P

from what I hear from the youngsters out there is, that FB is very much oldie uncool stuff, good job they removed it from Blackberry OS10 for a start.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Yes! Because BB can easily ostracize a billion FB users. Users who find FB an easy way to keep in touch. Remarks like yours remind me of the lyrics of a Kenny Chesney song "Narrow minds on a narrow wage" While you may not find it useful in your life, over a billion people do find it useful. One of the reasons corporations have FB pages. You view is the minority much like BB users are a minority these days
    04-25-16 08:26 PM
    Here's my issue.

Facebook has become an unofficial "background check" service these days. Before job interviews, apartment rentals, credit applications etc. That's a hell of a lot more than just keeping up with friends and family.

That has a real affect on people's lives.

04-25-16 08:32 PM
    Here's my issue.
    Facebook has become an unofficial "background check" service these days. Before job interviews, apartment rentals, credit applications etc. That's a hell of a lot more than just keeping up with friends and family.
    That has a real affect on people's lives.
    Then be selective of the people you "friend" on Facebook, and ensure that your privacy settings are configured such that only your friends get to see what you post. Friends only, not friends of friends.

Not knowing how to lock down your Facebook profile and leaving it open to the world is not a valid reason for celebrating its discontinuance on BB10.
    xtremeled likes this.
    04-25-16 08:38 PM
    Then be selective of the people you "friend" on Facebook, and ensure that your privacy settings are configured such that only your friends get to see what you post. Friends only, not friends of friends.

Not knowing how to lock down your Facebook profile and leaving it open to the world is not a valid reason for celebrating its discontinuance on BB10.
    I never said I celebrated FB dumping BlackBerry. I think it's a real "nail in the coffin" for BlackBerry 10 because so many people use it. I'm just not one of them.

04-25-16 08:53 PM
45 12