Side note, bc you must speak franglish like me to notice :
    Ravencore = r�ve encore = still dreaming

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-12-16 01:33 AM
    I agree with the OP, but unfortunately the Priv is not selling. The way I see it, before the end of the year BlackBerry is going to announce they are stepping out of the hardware market.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 10:09 AM
    At least we still have sailfish os as an option, not as good as bb10 but much better than the other two hopefully it will become a more mature platform by the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:03 PM
    When next quarterly results will be announced?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 01:52 PM
    When next quarterly results will be announced?

Posted via CB10
    2016-04-01
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-12-16 01:54 PM
    Will see on Fools Day what JC managed to do with Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 02:47 PM
    I have a few thoughts on this: first, OS 10 and "Secusmart" are a good fit for ultra high end security for gov't and industry. Second, with QNX growing leaps and bounds with everything from the auto sector, self driving cars, and IOT, it is perhaps just a matter of the real consumer world catching up to BB's advanced OS wherein, offering OS 10 like features on an Android, is like a trojan horse. Android users are raving about some of the Blackberry OS like features adapted as apps, examples being the Hub and calendar. It just might entice Android users to try a Blackberry OS 10 version for their next phone. If the numbers grow, the app developers will come:-)
    03-12-16 04:16 PM
    Sorry - that's BB's job, not mine. The bad news is all coming straight from BB (though sometimes it is wrapped in PR-speak so as not to completely kill sales of existing inventory). Nothing I say is going to reverse the facts, which are that BB has systematically shut down BB10, starting about 2 years ago and continuing through today, with multiple rounds of layoffs, selling off buildings, shutting down development, outsourcing phone design and engineering, etc. The biggest, most obvious, completely unavoidable sign is that they officially admit not releasing a BB10 phone for about 20 months (the last new phone was the Leap) but releasing an Android phone, and calling their corporate customers and encouraging them to move to the Priv. I didn't make any of those decisions, nor did anyone here at CB. But they happened, and they mean something, even if some folks are in denial about what that meaning is. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, though.

Whether you like the facts is another matter, but it doesn't change what the facts are. But some here are in fact denying the facts, or doing their best to convince themselves (and others) that those facts can't really mean what they mean. They're still in Stage 1 of the 5 stages of grief: Denial. And some will continue at that stage until the official announcement is finally made, at which time they'll move to Stage 2, which is Anger. People will post videos of themselves smashing their BB phones, or throwing them away, or whatever. They'll call for Chen's head, or curse Heins's name, or complain for the billionth time that BB should have advertise more or released a flagship all-touch or spent more to woo developers. But it won't change anything...
    All this might be true, but where does it head to?
    We want hope and future and not past facts...

And I believe there is hope... but a future starts in our minds or BlackBerry 's minds, and my hope is that they will continue developing BlackBerry OS 10 and that the market will want it...so we have more of it...this might be a far future but why not imagine it and put it there in our minds... and this is what I believe this thread is about...
    Many other threads are heading back other direction, so why not post those these mentioned facts there and get your anger off there...

PlEaSe...!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 07:13 AM
    All this might be true, but where does it head to?
    I think you already know.

We want hope and future and not past facts...
    You can't always get what you want. - Mick Jagger
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-13-16 10:14 AM
    I think you already know.

You can't always get what you want. - Mick Jagger
    But if you try sometimes, you get what you need...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 11:41 AM
    I'm not sure it is profiting enough since there are plenty of bb10 holdouts that are just refusing to go android.
    A few dozen folks on a message doesn't constitute "plenty".

Or maybe, I actually AM in charge of blackberry and pretending to be a regular crackberry user trying to get a sense for market sentiment. You never know, crazy things happen .
    There's some thick irony in this coming from a person who calls everyone he disagrees with a "troll."

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    03-13-16 11:47 AM
    I think that the idea of keeping BB10 going is a good thing if it could be subsidized by Android sales. If something ever happened in the Android space it could also then fill the gap with BB10 security and android runtime.
    03-13-16 02:30 PM
87 ... 234