Hi everyone, experiencing a little problem/issue and wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue:

In my priority hub, all of my emails that I had flagged are marked as priority. Now, to easily find important emails in my 100s+ of folders, I flag them, then sort. This isn't normally that much of an issue. However, the priority hub has now listed 100s (if not close to 1000s) of emails as priority due to them being flagged and all conversations which were at some point marked as urgent as priority as well (I sync to all my work mailbox folders, as I need access all the time), all the way back to 2009.

I thought it would be easy to just batch select them and downgrade the priority (as "not priority conversations"). However, I can only downgrade the priority of individual emails. When I batch select, the option for changing priority is not there.

Is there an easier way of doing this? I do like the priority hub option, as I can mark certain people in other emails/txt/etc as priority as well, so I don't use it just for work email.
    10-22-13 03:30 PM
    Anyone else experiencing this or having any suggestions?
    10-23-13 12:39 PM
    The only think I can think of is selecting them all on your PC and unflagging them.

Can you turn off priority for flagged emails? Seems to be by design - if you want flagged emails to have priority then all flagged emails will have priority. I don't see how the phone could differentiate between flagged emails you want to have priority and flagged emails you don't want to have it.
    10-23-13 01:58 PM
    The only think I can think of is selecting them all on your PC and unflagging them.

Can you turn off priority for flagged emails? Seems to be by design - if you want flagged emails to have priority then all flagged emails will have priority. I don't see how the phone could differentiate between flagged emails you want to have priority and flagged emails you don't want to have it.
    The reason I don't want to unflag them on my PC is because that is how I can easily find them filed in a folder with hundreds of emails.

I'm ok with it automatically giving flagged emails a priority, but I'd like to be able batch select and say to downgrade the priority (- can do this one by one, but that's too much work for 1000s of emails).

And the options for priority (before it "learns" what you prioritize) are sender with same last name, msg sent with high importance, I started convo. (when you downgrade a priority, the only options to downgrade are "this isn't a priority contact" or "this isn't a priority conversation")

It would be nice if I could select or customize options for priority. (for example, after dealing with a urgent msg, the urgent marker is still there, so I have to manually download priority. Not an issue for a few emails, but a hassle for all the saved emails in my folders).
    Mass downgrade in priority hub not possible?-img_00001955.png

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 or Z10
    10-23-13 02:09 PM
    (2nd img didn't attach)
    Mass downgrade in priority hub not possible?-img_00001956.png

10-23-13 02:11 PM
    The downside of having everything sync'd. What works well on a 20" monitor doesn't necessarily translate to good functionality on a 5" monitor.

An option to "Remove priority on read messages" would be handy.

I'm still waiting for 10.2 to install. Is there a separate notification option available for priority messages? i.e., can I have a sound play for priority emails and the LED flash? I have email notifications all turned off on mine, but an LED option would be nice for priority messages.
    10-23-13 02:32 PM
    Question.....
    Is it a problem that it continues to list emails as priority in the priority Hub?

If you flagged it as important, and want to keep it flagged, then presumably you want to keep "upfront and center".

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 02:42 PM
    The downside of having everything sync'd. What works well on a 20" monitor doesn't necessarily translate to good functionality on a 5" monitor.

An option to "Remove priority on read messages" would be handy.

I'm still waiting for 10.2 to install. Is there a separate notification option available for priority messages? i.e., can I have a sound play for priority emails and the LED flash? I have email notifications all turned off on mine, but an LED option would be nice for priority messages.
    Not that I can currently see in the normal settings. You can enable the preview only for priority msgs in native settings, but I don't think JUST led/tone/vibrate

Mass downgrade in priority hub not possible?-img_00001957.png

Also, you can enable led/vibrate/audible alerts for priority msgs in a 3rd party app, but this looks like it's restricted to the high/no/low priority setting of emails, nothing to do with priority hub (which will mark emails listed as urgent as high priority). Most likely though, the 3rd party apps will add a priority setting as well.
    Mass downgrade in priority hub not possible?-img_00001958_edit.png

10-23-13 02:47 PM
    Question.....
    Is it a problem that it continues to list emails as priority in the priority Hub?

If you flagged it as important, and want to keep it flagged, then presumably you want to keep "upfront and center".

Posted via CB10
    For me personally, yes.
    I'd like the priority hub to be my go-to list of urgent/ must-do/ outstanding tasks.
    For flagging though, those can be emails I've read and issues that have been dealt with, but I need a quick and easy way to find the info if it's needed. (on my PC in outlook, I can categorize them, but those don't translate to the phone. Only the flagged option does). So, if it's something I've filed in a folder and it's flagged, I know it's there for quick and easy access rather than an urgent matter (I keep the urgent ones in my inbox and file them once I've responded, but may keep the flag if I need to reference it later)

10-23-13 02:51 PM
    The other issue is, because I have 100s of folders and 100s of emails in those folders with flagged emails, I end up with a massive amt of flagged emails, if I'm to look at just ALL flagged emails.

Like I said before, them being originally labeled priority isn't the issue--it's being able to batch select and downgrade the BlackBerry labeling of priority (I can easily tell if they are filed or in my inbox) without removing the flag.

10-23-13 02:54 PM
    To give an idea, you can see how tiny my scroll bar in my priority hub is (see below the downward arrow on the upper right and above the 5 pm time stamp. The little gray bar). This is after scrolling down a bit...
    Mass downgrade in priority hub not possible?-img_00001962_1.png

Now, compare that to just looking at it filtered to inbox of one email address and you can see what I'm dealing with here.
    Mass downgrade in priority hub not possible?-img_00001964_1.png

10-23-13 03:10 PM