I had the same problem with INWI I bought a regular sim for my Z10. Went back to the store because they told me to set up the internet and it didn't. So Yes the Carriers are blocking BlackBerry content to sell BIS plans tried it too.

I didn't buy the bis and just called and texted but next time I will go I will buy a IAM sim card (Marroc Telecom) and try them to set my settings on my Moto G afterwards I will do the same thing on my BlackBerry and we will see...

If somebody has it working for BlackBerry on IAM or INWI please PM me.

So keep forcing them to put all the details to get it to work. Eventually they will listen

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    01-02-15 05:06 PM
    Just another small post to inform you that my father's Z10 had been stolen weeks ago.

I am not able to track it on BlackBerry Protect. Pin Message are not delivered and when I add the PIN on BBM I have no answer.

This may be linked to Maroc Telecom's traffic blocking that prevents me from finding the phone and hepls thefts to use and sell BlackBerrys...

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Report this to BlackBerry and buddy I will fight till BlackBerry forces IAM to make it free

01-02-15 05:08 PM
    I had the same problem with INWI I bought a regular sim for my Z10. Went back to the store because they told me to set up the internet and it didn't. So Yes the Carriers are blocking BlackBerry content to sell BIS plans tried it too.

I didn't buy the bis and just called and texted but next time I will go I will buy a IAM sim card (Marroc Telecom) and try them to set my settings on my Moto G afterwards I will do the same thing on my BlackBerry and we will see...

If somebody has it working for BlackBerry on IAM or INWI please PM me.

So keep forcing them to put all the details to get it to work. Eventually they will listen

Don't work with IAM. Your working settings on Moto G or whatever are blocked on BlackBerry by the carrier.

They are making money as mafias.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    MrDoreth likes this.
    01-02-15 08:00 PM
    Report this to BlackBerry and buddy I will fight till BlackBerry forces IAM to make it free

So let's start a community group in Morocco to get this change !

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-02-15 08:02 PM
    I'm having same problem with my carrier in Albania, Eagle Mobile.
    commandos135 likes this.
    01-11-15 01:30 PM
    I'm having same problem with my carrier in Albania, Eagle Mobile.
    I have a professional meeting with BlackBerry on Friday.

Will discuss this point with them.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    commandos135 likes this.
    01-11-15 05:12 PM
    I had a call meeting this morning with BlackBerry.

We talked about this problem.

In sum, Maroc Telecom is illegally selling BlackBerry Services

They may not be compliant with the new configuration needed. BlackBerry has sent to the providers the network configuration changes that they have to apply.
    If Maroc Telecom received the notifications from BlackBerry and did nothing to change the configuration, we can take them to court.
    If Maroc Telecom did not receive anything from BlackBerry, they have to change the configuration anyway as soon as possible but there is no legal procedure against them.

We have to push on Maroc Telecom and others to change their network configuration.

Can anyone help us to push for this ?

Two possibilities :
    - ask someone from Maroc Telecom's top management
    - ask someone from BlackBerry board to get Maroc Telecom do it

HELP !!!!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    commandos135 likes this.
    01-15-15 02:22 PM
    Really? Who in BlackBerry? If they aren't willing or able to go on record this isn't worth much.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    01-15-15 04:02 PM
    Really? Who in BlackBerry? If they aren't willing or able to go on record this isn't worth much.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    My BlackBerry partners have nothing to deal with Morocco. They are local managers in Europe.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-15-15 04:28 PM
    I have the same problem with ooredoo telecom in Tunisia, Z10 Mobile.
    01-21-15 09:53 AM
    I have the same problem with ooredoo telecom in Tunisia, Z10 Mobile.
    We are so many to have the same problem.

I suggest that every one sends a mail a tweet or a bbm message to a BlackBerry executive (MC?).

It may help to urge BlackBerry to do something for us.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-22-15 01:14 PM
    By all means give that a try, but I don't think it will do any good. BlackBerry just doesn't have that kind of pull with carriers. Maybe if Samsung takes a large position in BlackBerry stock the world will start to see BlackBerry differently.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    Yass85 likes this.
    01-22-15 04:11 PM
    There is a simple solution to your problem; vote with your wallet an go to a carrier that doesn't charge you the fee.

All this talk of tweeting BlackBerry will do nothing.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:50 PM
    By all means give that a try, but I don't think it will do any good. BlackBerry just doesn't have that kind of pull with carriers. Maybe if Samsung takes a large position in BlackBerry stock the world will start to see BlackBerry differently.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    True but we can try and fight for consideration and respect

I sent a message to Michael Clewley but no answer since Christmas...

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-22-15 05:51 PM
    You do realize that if BlackBerry got their way with the carriers we would all be paying for BIS, right? The big first world carriers didn't want to be burdened by collecting the "BlackBerry tax" any more, so they took advantage of the bb10 rollout to change that. If BlackBerry changes things again it may not be in the way you want.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    01-23-15 04:19 AM
    So much for carriers not liking BIS.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-25-15 03:56 AM
    So much for carriers not liking BIS.
    Some carriers do like it, or at least continue to require BlackBerry devices use it. Most users world wide are served by carriers who no longer want to be involved with BIS, wheather they like it or not. If you activate a BB10 device with Bell Canada you may be pushed towards a BIS activation (depending on the store and the person serving you), but you don't have to. This was the experience of a friend who upgraded to a Passport in the past few weeks. Other carriers will provide BIS service if you ask for it. Some, as in this thread, will require BB10 users to have BIS. Others won't provide BIS under any circumstances. This is what happens when, as was officially announced by BlackBerry, BB10 activation on BIS is up to the carrier.
    01-25-15 10:35 AM
    Some carriers do like it, or at least continue to require BlackBerry devices use it. Most users world wide are served by carriers who no longer want to be involved with BIS, wheather they like it or not. If you activate a BB10 device with Bell Canada you may be pushed towards a BIS activation (depending on the store and the person serving you), but you don't have to. This was the experience of a friend who upgraded to a Passport in the past few weeks. Other carriers will provide BIS service if you ask for it. Some, as in this thread, will require BB10 users to have BIS. Others won't provide BIS under any circumstances. This is what happens when, as was officially announced by BlackBerry, BB10 activation on BIS is up to the carrier.
    I had a legacy bis plan that carried over to my new device. Sure enough, I just tested another sim in my device, and bbm won't work on a generic data apn. So it looks like my device is also associated with a "bis" plan and will only work on the blackberry.net apn. Not a huge deal, but a bit of an inconvenience when travelling and wanting to use a foreign sim.
    01-25-15 11:22 AM
    I had a legacy bis plan that carried over to my new device. Sure enough, I just tested another sim in my device, and bbm won't work on a generic data apn. So it looks like my device is also associated with a "bis" plan and will only work on the blackberry.net apn. Not a huge deal, but a bit of an inconvenience when travelling and wanting to use a foreign sim.
    Shouldn't be an issue with a foreign sim. You would just set your APN to that company's standard data setting.

I was able to go between Bell, which at the time required BIS, and Rogers, which wouldn't provide it, quite easily.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    01-25-15 03:25 PM
    Hello Sir

You said bb10 activation on BIS isp up to the carrier right ? So this can't be mandatory for a user that doesn't want to pay for it.

You said on a previous post that if BlackBerry got on this they probably would make BIS mandatory for every bb10 user.

I have to say that I disagree with this statement. Simply because since bbm is free and cross platform, things have changed. It should be free on. BlackBerry devices if they are not on BES. That is the only point.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-25-15 05:52 PM
    Shouldn't be an issue with a foreign sim. You would just set your APN to that company's standard data setting.

I was able to go between Bell, which at the time required BIS, and Rogers, which wouldn't provide it, quite easily.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    Hmmm, doesn't work for me. Generic data will work, but not bbm. Would it have anything to do with the fact that my device is on a bes?
    01-25-15 05:58 PM
    Hmmm, doesn't work for me. Generic data will work, but not bbm. Would it have anything to do with the fact that my device is on a bes?
    It could. I had my device on BES without special activation, but I didn't travel with that setup.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    01-25-15 07:40 PM
    Hello Sir

You said bb10 activation on BIS isp up to the carrier right ? So this can't be mandatory for a user that doesn't want to pay for it.
    A carrier may offer what ever service they whish. Consumers can buy that service or not. Consumers can request what ever service they wish. Carriers can offer that service or not. I don't know why you think a carrier is required to offer you the service that you want. Unless there is some sort of regulation that forces them. If there is you should take your complaint to the regulatory body.

You said on a previous post that if BlackBerry got on this they probably would make BIS mandatory for every bb10 user.

I have to say that I disagree with this statement. Simply because since bbm is free and cross platform, things have changed. It should be free on. BlackBerry devices if they are not on BES. That is the only point.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Before BB10 was released BlackBerry had planned, and announced that a BlackBerry data plan would be required for BB10 devices. Just before the official release they changed that to make it the carrier's choice. Most people accept that the only reason BlackBerry would give up the income from BlackBerry data plans is that many large carriers forced them. Your carrier chose to require a BlackBerry data plan, others chose not to. Those are the simple facts of the way things are. That you feel they should rightly be some other way does not mean things will change. You have two options: convince your carrier to change; or go to another carrier. Expecting natural justice and fairness in the cell phone market is, unfortunately, going to leave you disappointed.
    01-25-15 07:52 PM
    A carrier may offer what ever service they whish. Consumers can buy that service or not. Consumers can request what ever service they wish. Carriers can offer that service or not. I don't know why you think a carrier is required to offer you the service that you want. Unless there is some sort of regulation that forces them. If there is you should take your complaint to the regulatory body.

Before BB10 was released BlackBerry had planned, and announced that a BlackBerry data plan would be required for BB10 devices. Just before the official release they changed that to make it the carrier's choice. Most people accept that the only reason BlackBerry would give up the income from BlackBerry data plans is that many large carriers forced them. Your carrier chose to require a BlackBerry data plan, others chose not to. Those are the simple facts of the way things are. That you feel they should rightly be some other way does not mean things will change. You have two options: convince your carrier to change; or go to another carrier. Expecting natural justice and fairness in the cell phone market is, unfortunately, going to leave you disappointed.
    Your argumentation is great. BUT, as my BlackBerry employee friend said to me, the network configuration for BB10 is different from BBOS and BBM has to be FREE on BB10 I'd there is no BES required.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-26-15 02:36 PM
    Your argumentation is great. BUT, as my BlackBerry employee friend said to me, the network configuration for BB10 is different from BBOS and BBM has to be FREE on BB10 I'd there is no BES required.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    I can also tell you that the network configuration is different for BB10 from BBOS. Has either of us telling you that changed how your carrier is billing?

Just because BlackBerry doesn't charge for BBM doesn't mean it is free. If you use data you've paid for to access it. Even "free" Wi-Fi isn't free. It's usually paid for with personal data.

The only way Maroc is going to change is if they see their billing policy costing them money. That was what changed Bell.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    01-26-15 04:03 PM
153 ... 4567