I have always wondered why (especially with an Exchange account) there is no option in the hub under your mail account to mark an item as spam! This feature would be extremely useful. Although we have a great smart host handing our email flow before arriving at our Exchange server the odd few slip through the net! Being able to mark as spam from my passport would be nifty little feature!

I wonder if BlackBerry would ever think to add this....

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:10 AM
    I have always wondered why (especially with an Exchange account) there is no option in the hub under your mail account to mark an item as spam! This feature would be extremely useful. Although we have a great smart host handing our email flow before arriving at our Exchange server the odd few slip through the net! Being able to mark as spam from my passport would be nifty little feature!

I wonder if BlackBerry would ever think to add this....

Posted via CB10
    BB10 does have this feature: Touch and hold the email that you want to ID as spam and a menu will appear on the right. Tap "File" and it will take you to all the files for your email address. Tap "Junk" and you're done.

If you've already opened the email and have subsequently ID'd it as spam, tap the 3 horizontal dots in the bottom right corner of the email and it'll open the same initial menu for you.
    07-01-15 07:50 AM
    BB10 does have this feature: Touch and hold the email that you want to ID as spam and a menu will appear on the right. Tap "File" and it will take you to all the files for your email address. Tap "Junk" and you're done.

If you've already opened the email and have subsequently ID'd it as spam, tap the 3 horizontal dots in the bottom right corner of the email and it'll open the same initial menu for you.
    Yes but does this remember the sender and automatically put those emails in junk in the future?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:19 AM
    +1

Check Out TechCraze
    07-01-15 08:42 AM
    Yes but does this remember the sender and automatically put those emails in junk in the future?

Posted via CB10
    No, but email triage will learn it. Then you can use the triage file option to file it. I don't use this for spam but my system log files triage to the Archive folder, iTunes Amazon and Audible receipts triage to Purchases, etc.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    07-01-15 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. I've been dealing with a lot of spam from unique addresses recently, I have no idea how my address got out there (247 spam messages from unique addresses from yesterday alone), once the address has been flagged future emails go right into your Junk box on your device and your email's server.

This morning I've had 4 spam emails arrive in my in-box, but in my junk box I have over 50 that were flagged immediately.
    07-01-15 10:13 AM
    OK so if I disable sync for the junk folder then they will still go in to it? I think it would be good for crackberry to write and article about how the spam works on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:25 AM
    I think you're right, I think I opted out of syncing my Junk box but it still works at both ends.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes! I do it all the time

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:40 PM