Various Map versions:

This version of map is 10.200.0.9
    The map from 10.2.0.93 is still 10.1.0.761
    Map in 10.1.0.4285 is 10.1.0.790
    Map in 10.1.0.2354 is 10.1.0.788
    No, this one is 10.2.0.33. Not sure where you got those numbers from.

There is an earlier 10.2 maps app that works fine on 10.1.

Also, you can fix this one by NOP this code:
    28A8B0 BLX MapView->setCaptionContent()

You could have asked me by the way. I have tools for this stuff already. Would have saved you some time.
    Last edited by xsacha; 06-10-13 at 09:14 PM.
    06-10-13 09:02 PM
    I found something. I'm using low-light + night mode. Then I dragged and hold the focus box somewhere then a locked icon showed up and the flash open. I guess this is to help the focus to have a target.

Posted using The Z10
    been trying to do this.... no dice....
    06-10-13 09:08 PM
    No, this one is 10.2.0.33. Not sure where you got those numbers from.

There is an earlier 10.2 maps app that works fine on 10.1.

Also, you can fix this one by NOP this code:
    28A8B0 BLX MapView->setCaptionContent()

You could have asked me by the way. I have tools for this stuff already. Would have saved you some time.
    I didn't see anything publicly available and I found it fun to figure out anyway. And it was something people were asking for. I may not have done it the easiest way, but it works good for a first draft at least.

And if you've figured out how to load modified files then you're far ahead of the rest of us. Of course I only got a z10 and started goofing around a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:33 PM
    Yes you can sideload modified apps. This is quite easy. I'm sure many people on here are doing this. You just need to re-sign it.
    Of course some app require system privileges and then you can't do this. Maps is fine though.
    06-10-13 09:46 PM
    So does this Map bar work with leaked 1880 OS?

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    06-10-13 10:21 PM
    Yes you can sideload modified apps. This is quite easy. I'm sure many people on here are doing this. You just need to re-sign it.
    Of course some app require system privileges and then you can't do this. Maps is fine though.
    Figured it might be as simple as that. I haven't got a signing key or the apps to do the signing yet. Or had the time to even look at the apps themselves to see how they could be modified. One step at a time, and I'm certainly not a blackberry developer, in fact I barely do any programming at all so I may not have even went as far as you have.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:26 PM
    Oh, I am all over that camera Bar! Any opportunity to give this awesome camera even more awesomeness is a plus!
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-11-13 12:44 AM
    Played with it for about 5min photos, video, editing (seems to be more editing tools).. really sweet

Camera still seems to freak out when you unlock the phone that had the camera app open... no longer does a message pop up though..
    Update:.. its random.. but it comes back more often than not..

Thanks Kris, now hurry up and piece together a full 10.2...

Saddens me to say this but I cant wait for my z10 android phone... part of me wishes there was no android update.. no more native apps.. cause why do it? more so why rewrite?
    06-11-13 01:45 AM
    I don't think the issue is with the camera app I think the issue with you trying to install a non-working version of Instagram. If it is the newest confirmed working version, there is a workaround included in the thread for it.
    M installing the same version which was working before the camera upgrade.
    I know the work around but as soon as I click ok on the error it closes the instagram.

EDIT: i guess the problem was a bad bar. i downloaded a recent one from crackberry and it seems to work perfectly. Happy to be back on instagram and thank you for your support crackberry users and abusers
    Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Last edited by Ashish Sanghvi; 06-11-13 at 02:43 AM.
    06-11-13 01:50 AM
    camera works good couldn't be bothered with the maps though as it barely works for me as is right now lol tried planning a route to a camp site this weekend while we were driving couldn't find it and kept sending me to random places in the states maybe it's just a Canada problem.
    06-11-13 02:16 AM
    Both bars are fixable, and I'm trying to help Kris learn the process.

Initial results with 30 seconds testing...
    Camera seems to work on 10.1

Maps...
    waiting on a reboot since it didn't right away...
    No go, abandon all hope and be happy with the camera app
    Can you help me out as well? I can't get the Manifest.MF file to open. I've tried making it into a .zip but no avail.
    06-11-13 02:34 AM
    Can you help me out as well? I can't get the Manifest.MF file to open. I've tried making it into a .zip but no avail.
    I haven't done this before, but try opening it with notepad.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    06-11-13 05:03 AM
    So - do we have a working updated maps file? The one in .2354 is pretty bad. In fact I think .2009 was far superior all around to 2354 but that's for another thread.
    06-11-13 09:13 AM
    Great clock, waiting for the map.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:59 AM
    When you do the picture preview from draging the picture from the bottom left towards the top right you can from there either delete or share the picture right away.

I don't know if it was there before but the videos will play also when you drag it from the bottom and you can also delete and share straight from there
    Last edited by ChescoBurgz; 06-11-13 at 01:00 PM. Reason: More info to add
    06-11-13 12:55 PM
    Room is barely lite. I didn't touch the focus, just had the device proped so it's the same shot in each pic. I'm not a photographer, just a casual phone camera user and to my eyes, normal mode with flash looks the best to me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I think you are confusing the feature. It is "Low light" not "No light". Best for taking pics inside with only incandescent light available. It will obviously remove the noise you get when taking pics of that nature. Any darker and obviously you will need to use a flash.
    06-11-13 04:11 PM
    Guys, the duplicates that it is saving is NOT the "original picture" and the lowlight picture.. The one that has a lot of noise is just a glitch, keep in mind, we are on a beta build. Here is a true "Low Light vs Normal" picture.

Low Light
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001692_lowlight.jpg
    (Picture Size - 601KB)

Normal
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001693.jpg
    (Picture Size - 1MB)

So it does not LIGHTEN up the picture, but it instead gives a better color representation of what the actual objects are given the light. My example is drastic with VERY low light just to get the point across. You're supposed to use that mode in low light, not low light.

You can see though, that the top picture is less grainy, and looks better, even though the actual picture is darker than the second example. Also, notice the picture size difference in the two, the low light is nearly half the size as the normal one.
    vanthol likes this.
    06-11-13 05:42 PM
    Guys, the duplicates that it is saving is NOT the "original picture" and the lowlight picture.. The one that has a lot of noise is just a glitch, keep in mind, we are on a beta build. Here is a true "Low Light vs Normal" picture.

Low Light
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001692_lowlight.jpg 
Views:	2646 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	170897
    (Picture Size - 601KB)

Normal

Name:	IMG_00001693.jpg 
Views:	2645 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	170898
    (Picture Size - 1MB)

So it does not LIGHTEN up the picture, but it instead gives a better color representation of what the actual objects are given the light. My example is drastic with VERY low light just to get the point across. You're supposed to use that mode in low light, not low light.

You can see though, that the top picture is less grainy, and looks better, even though the actual picture is darker than the second example. Also, notice the picture size difference in the two, the low light is nearly half the size as the normal one.
    It kinda looks like they chose to make it darker instead of brighter. Maybe, this is actually used if it's too bright and you want quality

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-11-13 05:50 PM
    When you do the picture preview from draging the picture from the bottom left towards the top right you can from there either delete or share the picture right away.

I don't know if it was there before but the videos will play also when you drag it from the bottom and you can also delete and share straight from there
    Thanks, though this is already available in the 10.1 (and maybe even 10.0) camera app.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-11-13 06:17 PM
    It kinda looks like they chose to make it darker instead of brighter. Maybe, this is actually used if it's too bright and you want quality

Posted via CB10
    "Low Light" - LMFAO maybe that's actually what it does & we were just expecting it to be used IN low light situations.. Makes pictures have low light because they are too bright, oh god, makes sense
    pttptppt likes this.
    06-11-13 07:27 PM
    So is the map link on here a good one? if not where can I get the working version. Thanks
    06-11-13 08:06 PM
    Dim room, 1x40 watt shaded bulb in the corner + a window with very little light (9 pm).

Normal with flash
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001453.jpg
    Normal no flash
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001454.jpg
    Low light mode
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001455_lowlight.jpg
    Normal mode night scene setting
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001456.jpg

Low light edited with native auto enhance functionMaps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00001455_lowlight_edit.jpg
    xiaohuaxing and 00stryder like this.
    06-11-13 08:06 PM
    Check this out:

I took one shot with the low light mode + night mode both on and got two copies of the picture in my folder.

At the moment I think there's no way to keep it from saving 2 copies unlike HDR mode, but it seems like it actually took 2 pictures instead of just doing different processing to it (notice #30 in the 2 pictures, and the fact that low light mode turned out worse with the doubles). Other people's samples have been static so far

Regular copy, then Low light copy
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00000401.jpg Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00000401_lowlight.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xiaohuaxing; 06-12-13 at 01:40 AM.
    06-11-13 10:20 PM
    OMG.. This mode is incredible.. I just took a picture of my dog, and look what it did!

Low Light Mode:
    Attachment 169780

Normal:
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-dog.jpg
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 06-12-13 at 04:03 AM.
    00stryder and SlcCorrado like this.
    06-12-13 02:26 AM
    OMG.. This mode is incredible.. I just took a picture of my dog, and look what it did!

Low Light Mode:
    Attachment 169780

Normal:

Name:	dog.jpg 
Views:	4502 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	171102
    Lol

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-12-13 03:23 AM
177 ... 45678