No that's not possible just like it's not possible to interchange 10.0 and 10.1 OS/Radio files.

Also not that it's not worth leaking, just to much heat surrounding it

Posted via CB10
    Wow a little but of an attack there.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:17 PM
    Wow a little but of an attack there.

Posted via CB10
    Who me?

Posted via CB10
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    06-10-13 01:22 PM
    Can you release foursquare.bar? Kris?
    +1 please
    06-10-13 02:47 PM
    How do we roll any of these bars back if they don't work?

I thought the Facebook bars were going to work on my Z10 (STL100-4), but during the only time I was able to get it started, I discovered the messages and notifications lists were displayed w/no text in them, although clicking on the blank entry took you to a message or notification which was readable.

The clock and camera apps simply won't start and crash regularly when trying to run them.

Is there any way to get the old versions back? I'm running 10.0.9.422.
    06-10-13 03:07 PM
    Who me?

Posted via CB10
    No the dude who said you aren't releasing the 10.2 beta! Not you mano

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:41 PM
    +1 please
    there isn't a change to the app, it'll request and force a update right away, so may not be a point but i'll see what I can do
    06-10-13 04:24 PM
    Now for some work on the exposure control and autofocus. Sorta miffed that they really really avoid any sort of manual controls on this OS. I would love an exposure-compensation slider or something.
    Same here, but I would be happy with a 3rd party app, but I don't know if enough camera APIs are available to developers.
    If they are, I am really hoping a developer will come along and create a camera app that is on the same level as ProShot for Windows Phone 8.
    06-10-13 04:37 PM
    No, I got this information by using tools I have to look at both the original and processed image files that the new camera produces. (It's kind enough to save BOTH on the SD card which allowed me to run some of my photography-related tools on them.)

Part of my "day job" involves journalism-related stuff, including photojournalism, and as a result I have a very full-featured editing and production deck here for both stills and video.

Note that luminance noise reduction does in fact cost you image detail -- there is no such thing as a free lunch. But the difference in perceived image quality can be pretty significant, and in this case it is.

Well I can tell you that the noise reduction was immediately apparent to me in the first sample pic posted of the nightstand, even on that small image, no fancy equipment necessary.

Which is why I was so excited, since so many people and reviewers had savaged the Z10 camera over exactly that issue when it first came out.
    06-10-13 04:51 PM
    Same here, but I would be happy with a 3rd party app, but I don't know if enough camera APIs are available to developers.
    If they are, I am really hoping a developer will come along and create a camera app that is on the same level as ProShot for Windows Phone 8.

There are several camera apps in BB World, but most of them seem to be simplistic things designed mostly for people who want to take pictures without any fake shutter sound.

It would be interesting to know whether that means that everything necessary for a sophisticated 3rd-party camera app is there already, or not.
    06-10-13 04:53 PM
    I found something. I'm using low-light + night mode. Then I dragged and hold the focus box somewhere then a locked icon showed up and the flash open. I guess this is to help the focus to have a target.

Posted using The Z10
    06-10-13 06:34 PM
    I found something. I'm using low-light + night mode. Then I dragged and hold the focus box somewhere then a locked icon showed up and the flash open. I guess this is to help the focus to have a target.
    I assume by "flash open" you mean "the flash fired"?

You might be right.
    06-10-13 06:51 PM
    i dont get it.... how can they add a "low light" mode, but it does not use the flash...? pix taken in normal mode with the flash on looks way better to me.
    06-10-13 07:11 PM
    i dont get it.... how can they add a "low light" mode, but it does not use the flash...? pix taken in normal mode with the flash on looks way better to me.
    I'm not a photography nut, but I expect it's more useful in larger rooms or outside with poor lighting where the flash won't reach, or in areas like museums and castles where flash photography is banned. After all the flash does have a very limited useful range.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:28 PM
    Installed Camera and working great! Thanks guys, btw what's with the Map 10.2 bar?

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    06-10-13 07:31 PM

My impression is that "low light" mode uses higher than normal luminance noise-reduction, and perhaps tweaks contrast and exposure a bit too.

I guess the reason they didn't just incorporate it into the normal automatic mode is because it entails some tradeoffs. Either a slower shutter speed or some blurring of detail as tickerguy wrote, as a result of the more aggressive noise reduction.

The thing that magsasaka was referring to is apparently a new autofocus-illuminator function, which could be a nice enhancement too.

As for the flash shots looking "better" to you - that's highly subjective. There are many cases where natural lighting is far preferable photographically to flash illumination, but one needs a camera that can do low-light work with good quality to make that practical.
    06-10-13 07:32 PM
    As people already stated:
    1 - Flash on phones has an almost worthless range.
    2 - Flash significantly changes the way the photo looks, not always for the best.
    06-10-13 07:34 PM
    argh, dupe posts...
    06-10-13 07:35 PM
    Judge for yourselves..
    Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00000083.jpg
    Normal mode with flash scene set to night.

Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00000082.jpg
    Normal mode without flash scene set to night.

Maps / Camera 10.2 Bar files-img_00000081_lowlight.jpg
    Low light mode. Scene set to night.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by teostar; 06-10-13 at 08:08 PM.
    06-10-13 07:53 PM
    Judge for yourselves..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000083.jpg 
Views:	976 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	170547
    Normal mode with flash

Name:	IMG_00000082.jpg 
Views:	980 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	170549
    Normal mode without flash

Name:	IMG_00000081_lowlight.jpg 
Views:	980 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	170551
    Low light mode.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    We're supposed to believe that low light looks worse than normal?? That can't be right. Did you switch those 2 pictures around?
    06-10-13 07:59 PM
    We're supposed to believe that low light looks worse than normal?? That can't be right. Did you switch those 2 pictures around?
    Try for yourself. Set mode to normal and set scene to "night". Pix look better than in low light mode even when scene is left in night.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-10-13 08:06 PM
    Judge for yourselves..

Normal mode with flash

Normal mode without flash

Low light mode.

The second 2 pictures are underexposed, which is why they don't look good. Was that a completely enclosed room at night with no lights on?

The third picture is hopelessly underexposed, presumably because it was taking its exposure reading from the bright white door (because you moved the focus point there, which is how the BB10 camera works), causing everything else to be even more underexposed.

Next time move the focus point to a darker part of the scene.
    theninjew likes this.
    06-10-13 08:07 PM
    The second 2 pictures are underexposed, which is why they don't look good. Was that a completely enclosed room at night with no lights on?

The third picture is hopelessly underexposed, presumably because it was taking its exposure reading from the bright white door (because you moved the focus point there, which is how the BB10 camera works), causing everything else to be even more underexposed.

Next time move the focus point to a darker part of the scene.
    Room is barely lite. I didn't touch the focus, just had the device proped so it's the same shot in each pic. I'm not a photographer, just a casual phone camera user and to my eyes, normal mode with flash looks the best to me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-10-13 08:12 PM
    Camera appears to work properly -- thanks!

The difference in sensor noise in low-light mode is very significant. I'm looking into exactly what they did; the camera saves BOTH the original and "low light" processed files when you use that mode, so I should be able to get some sort of handle on how they did this. It appears to be software processing to remove luminance noise.

Update -- yep -- that's exactly what they did.
    Can you explain the difference between low light mode vs night mode? Is it just a longer aperture time in might mode?
    06-10-13 08:21 PM
    Also, the lock referenced earlier is achieved by dragging to the desired area, then press and hold that spot. I haven't figured out if its an exposure lock or focus lock. Either way these improvements are very exciting!

Edit: appears to be a focus lock
    06-10-13 08:34 PM
    Don't think software can do it alone. Also need a good lens.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    06-10-13 08:47 PM
177 ... 34567 ...