Anyone else has this problem? If I turn off the Bluetooth then I can get voice guidance from the Map app but with the phone connected to the car via Bluetooth, there's no voice.
    06-03-14 02:35 PM
    Do you have AUX on your car. Pair as normal, then hit AUX and it should work

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    06-03-14 02:38 PM
    I assume you put the car in media blue tooth mode?
    06-04-14 12:47 AM
    I mostly listen to the radio in the car. But I did try AUX and other mode, nothing worked. Maybe it's just the head unit in my car doesn't work well with BES10? It seems no one else has this problem?
    06-04-14 08:49 AM
    In my ford truck, I have to press media and then blue tooth for nav to work. This is not the same for listening to voicemail or voice control operations. They will just play no matter what mode I am on. I'm not sure why but that's the way it works in my ford.
    06-04-14 11:15 AM
    Same thing in my Mazda. It connects and plays my music and voice calls flawlessly, but I can't get Gps to play through the car. Also, when it is connected via bt, the Gps sound won't play through the phone either

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:32 AM
    What I haven't been able to get is the directions to play over the radio I can get the directions to play but it only plays that, no audio. Unless I have music playing on my phone, then it will play that with the directions chiming in every so often.
    06-04-14 12:10 PM
    Yes, that is how it currently works. Only when you have blue tooth, or other connections playing. Not sure why and hope it changes but that's it for now.
    06-04-14 03:52 PM
    I found out that BlackBerry maps voice will come over the car audio system (bluetooth) when you are in media mode in my VW. You will always hear music though with the GPS voice coming in when needed. BUT! If I launch NavFree first and then launch BlackBerry maps second and go back and clear route and shut down NavFree the BlackBerry maps will play GPS voice without being forced to have music playing. So NavFree puts my phone into GPS voice only mode so I don't have to have music playing.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-27-14 03:10 PM
    I found out that BlackBerry maps voice will come over the car audio system (bluetooth) when you are in media mode in my VW. You will always hear music though with the GPS voice coming in when needed. BUT! If I launch NavFree first and then launch BlackBerry maps second and go back and clear route and shut down NavFree the BlackBerry maps will play GPS voice without being forced to have music playing. So NavFree puts my phone into GPS voice only mode so I don't have to have music playing.

Posted via CB10
    Nice find!

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3253
    07-27-14 05:33 PM
    Mine works flawlessly

Posted via CB10 using my beautiful white Z30
    07-27-14 05:39 PM
    Hello,
    I'm brand new on the forum and i have a bb leap with 10.3.2. I'm looking for an update on this thread.

I still have the problem describe above, i can't have map audio direction when coupled as phone with my car. I need to choose between:
    Having my car radio and phone call through my bb working flawlesly ( when i got a call the radio music is in stby) but no map audio sound
    Or
    Putting my car in bluetooth audio selection then i got map audio direction but i'm loosing the capability to listen radio car at the same time.

Is there a way to have at the same time radii from the car and gps audio advice together (from iphone the audio car is put in stby like a phone call during the map advice then back to the radio).

Regards,
    Aurel
    06-17-16 02:18 AM