Hello everyone,

Some Android devices, such as the Samsung Note 3, allow the user to manually select the LTE frequency band their device connects to.

Is there a way of selecting the LTE frequency band in the escreen?
    04-15-15 02:44 PM
    Certain carriers allowed you to do that. One that I remember here in the USA was Tmobile. I know that AT&T removed that capability back in BBOS6 I think. They went to a set up the client can't control, adjustments occur automatically where the phone searches for whatever is the best signal.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:37 AM
    Hello everyone,

Some Android devices, such as the Samsung Note 3, allow the user to manually select the LTE frequency band their device connects to.

Is there a way of selecting the LTE frequency band in the escreen?
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you want to select the individual frequency bands available within the LTE spectrum?

I don't think that's possible even on the Samsungs. Say you pick band 4 specifically. Once you've gone outside the range of that tower (which may only be a few miles), the next one may only have band 17. Then what? You've just lost your signal.

What you can usually select is the network type (not "band") - LTE, HSPA+, HSPA (regular 3G), EDGE/2G, or a combination of those. Except for AT&T and, I think, one of the Canadian carriers. They lock out the network setting to LTE, even though it automatically drops itself to a lower network type if it has to.

Posted via CB10
    mariusvam likes this.
    04-17-15 09:59 AM
    I found out that it can be done using the escreen. Here's a screen shot which shows that you can select which bands your device connects to. In my case, I selected band 7 because it's the fastest. I could have selected bands 4 and 5 as well (although my carrier has no band 5 coverage) but band 7 is available in most of the places I need LTE speeds.

Manual LTE band selection-img_20150418_143043.png

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    04-18-15 01:31 PM
    I found out that it can be done using the escreen. Here's a screen shot which shows that you can select which bands your device connects to. In my case, I selected band 7 because it's the fastest. I could have selected bands 4 and 5 as well (although my carrier has no band 5 coverage) but band 7 is available in most of the places I need LTE speeds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150418_143043.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	348099

Posted via CB10
    Awesome stuff. Great to see you found a solution.
    I haven't messed around with the Escreen since the BBOS days. It's a magical place lol

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2726 CB10
    04-19-15 09:16 AM