Having server free isn't the end of it. Large companies need to think of the project costs of getting this FREE stuff implemented with 0 downtime.
    Will BlackBerry pay for that as well?

Posted via CB10
    Mostly true....
    Downtime is not the same as a planned outage. So implementing or upgrading a BES Server should only require a planned outage of a few hours. This is typical in enterprise environments and often coordinated with planned maintenance schedules during off-hours or in our case (being 24x365) during off-peak times.. Users should expect this if they want IT to continue making advances in the technology and services that we provide.

Yes, there is cost -not just in hardware but in resources. BUT, what's the trade-off?
    Loss of patient data? Loss of intellectual property? HIPAA violations aren't cheap! Neither are litigation's!

Here's a good example:
    HIPAA violation due to willful neglect but violation is corrected within the required time period.
    Maximum Penalty: $50,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $1.5 million

So if just 30 patient records are breached you've hit your $1.5M.

Now, you tell me... which is cheaper? The upgrade/implementation, or the fines/lawsuits?
    Not to mention, once the media is notified (which is required by law), what will your business losses amount to? How many more million?

The technology landscape is rapidly changing. Companies need to think ahead and devote more time and money towards better security practices. Those that do not will be the first to fall to their own demise!
    gfondeur, pcguy514, blusls and 4 others like this.
    10-18-13 07:15 PM
    Attachment 211664

I also never said it was from the CEO...I wish people would be better attention when reading and replying...
    You may want to notify your IT department that it's no longer "Research In Motion", it's "BlackBerry".
    10-18-13 07:24 PM
    You may want to notify your IT department that it's no longer "Research In Motion", it's "BlackBerry".
    Seriously? That's what you have to contribute? Who the fu** cares what they're called. It's not like we don't know who they're talking about. Jesus. Go be useful somewhere else.
    10-18-13 07:30 PM
    Seriously? That's what you have to contribute? Who the fu** cares what they're called. It's not like we don't know who they're talking about. Jesus. Go be useful somewhere else.
    You should really watch what you say. It does not do to swear or use names like "Jesus" as curse words in a public forum--or anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:56 PM
    Guessing you aren't in a management role in your large 70000 or 100000 strong company given your behaviour in this thread. Needless to say, looks like you made the point you wanted to and no matter what rationale is thrown your way, it is dismissed with frustration and insults. Not sure what there is more to say or what your desired outcome was.
    Let's hope your company revisits this decision in the future.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and pcguy514 like this.
    10-18-13 08:00 PM
    Guessing you aren't in a management role in your large 70000 or 100000 strong company given your behaviour in this thread. Needless to say, looks like you made the point you wanted to and no matter what rationale is thrown your way, it is dismissed with frustration and insults. Not sure what there is more to say or what your desired outcome was.
    Let's hope your company revisits this decision in the future.

Posted via CB10
    I'm a VP, but thanks. Welcome to LA...where noone has a stick up their rear and has to censor themselves in order to avoid telling it like it is and worry about offending people. No BS.

There is no rationale for an OS to synchronize contacts across multiple accounts without confirmation from the end user. I had said I took back everything else I've said today prior to the gentlemen showing a screenshot of a 10.2.1 leak showing that BB finally listened and allowed you to select what accounts you would like a new contact to sync to.
    kazakoshi likes this.
    10-18-13 08:06 PM
    You should really watch what you say. It does not do to swear or use names like "Jesus" as curse words in a public forum--or anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Do to swear? Huh????????????
    10-18-13 08:07 PM
    It's grammatically sound. Perhaps not commonly used in the States.
    pcguy514 and Nharzhool like this.
    10-18-13 08:09 PM
    That's not good, something is not right here. Wasn't BlackBerry Balance feature utilised/tested to restrict and control account creation in the business space and segregate that from the PA's personal accounts for example?
    Posted via CB10
    do you really read the post?
    he more than one said they don't used BES10,
    so they don't have Balance,
    Wayne_Enterprises and Flatman like this.
    10-18-13 08:09 PM
    do you really read the post?
    he more than one said they don't used BES10,
    so they don't have Balance,
    Marry me.
    10-18-13 08:11 PM
    Clearly you've not spoken to a Canadian before.
    = "It's doing you a disservice"/"It's doing a disservice to others"/etc.

In other words, a polite way of saying, "quit it now".

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:14 PM
    Clearly you've not spoken to a Canadian before.
    = "It's doing you a disservice"/"It's doing a disservice to others"/etc.

In other words, a polite way of saying, "quit it now".

Posted via CB10
    If if offended you by saying jesus, I am sorry. If you don't like how I speak, then leave.
    10-18-13 08:16 PM
    If if offended you by saying jesus, I am sorry. If you don't like how I speak, then leave.
    It's neither here nor there what does or does not offend me, but I accept your apology anyway. The fact remains that this is a public forum, and as such you should watch how you speak and also follow the general norms of morality (even if you don't apply them to yourself in regular life).

And because this is a public forum, you have no authority to tell me to leave.

Posted via CB10
    pcguy514 and Nharzhool like this.
    10-18-13 08:24 PM
    It's neither here nor there what does or does not offend me, but I accept your apology anyway. The fact remains that this is a public forum, and as such you should watch how you speak and also follow the general norms of morality (even if you don't apply them to yourself in regular life).

And because this is a public forum, you have no authority to tell me to leave.

Posted via CB10
    It's not moral to say jesus whilst frustrated by ignorance? Are you the judge, jury, and executioner too?
    10-18-13 08:26 PM
    It's not moral to say jesus whilst frustrated by ignorance? Are you the judge, jury, and executioner too?
    I should have put it this way: You should follow the general norms of society.

And yes, the general norms of society include not swearing and using religious figures as curse words. It's generally considered a no-no in most parts of the world.

Topic closed.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:32 PM
    I should have put it this way: You should follow the general norms of society.

And yes, the general norms of society include not swearing and using religious figures as curse words. It's generally considered a no-no in most parts of the world.

Topic closed.

Posted via CB10
    But it's lower case jesus, the one that isn't a religious figure, why must you turn this into a religion finger pointing Salem witch trial?

Off topic thanks to you and your morality discussion.
    10-18-13 08:36 PM
    Marry me.
    thanks but no thanks
    10-18-13 08:56 PM
    And this just in...apple lied to its users, saying one thing but being proven wrong.

Experts: Yes, Apple and the NSA Can Read Your iMessages
    10-18-13 09:22 PM
    Mostly true....
    Downtime is not the same as a planned outage. So implementing or upgrading a BES Server should only require a planned outage of a few hours. This is typical in enterprise environments and often coordinated with planned maintenance schedules during off-hours or in our case (being 24x365) during off-peak times.. Users should expect this if they want IT to continue making advances in the technology and services that we provide.

Yes, there is cost -not just in hardware but in resources. BUT, what's the trade-off?
    Loss of patient data? Loss of intellectual property? HIPAA violations aren't cheap! Neither are litigation's!

Here's a good example:
    HIPAA violation due to willful neglect but violation is corrected within the required time period.
    Maximum Penalty: $50,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $1.5 million

So if just 30 patient records are breached you've hit your $1.5M.

Now, you tell me... which is cheaper? The upgrade/implementation, or the fines/lawsuits?
    Not to mention, once the media is notified (which is required by law), what will your business losses amount to? How many more million?

The technology landscape is rapidly changing. Companies need to think ahead and devote more time and money towards better security practices. Those that do not will be the first to fall to their own demise!
    Certainly this point is valid. Question enterprises are asking is we already have certain BYOD MDM in place and clients as well as regularity authorities have signed them off in existing form of usability and security. Why should we invest even a single penny in to something new? Specially when users are happy flaunting their iPhone and DROID? It is just easy to let users buy their own devices of choice and put Good For Enterprise on it and be done with it. When it comes to BlackBerry they expect company to buy and provision them for users. Check news - mostly it is enterprises buying and handing them over to users.

"Clearly users aren't buying BlackBerry 10 devices."

I have one personal Z10 but had to side load GFE to use my work email or else it would have been just a dumb phone for me.

Unfortunately that's the reality. Please undertand that our passion about BlackBerry isn't enough anymore. World has moved on miles ahead of BlackBerry. They must do something ground breaking to come back in the game.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 09:43 PM
    I'm a VP, but thanks. Welcome to LA...where noone has a stick up their rear and has to censor themselves in order to avoid telling it like it is and worry about offending people. No BS.

There is no rationale for an OS to synchronize contacts across multiple accounts without confirmation from the end user. I had said I took back everything else I've said today prior to the gentlemen showing a screenshot of a 10.2.1 leak showing that BB finally listened and allowed you to select what accounts you would like a new contact to sync to.
    I'm not offended one bit. Glad VP's of such large corps in big bad LA have time to bicker and insult people on fan forums.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 09:56 PM
    And this just in...apple lied to its users, saying one thing but being proven wrong.

Experts: Yes, Apple and the NSA Can Read Your iMessages
    Who cares what the NSA sees, Unless you: are/were married to, dating, used to date, being stalked by,family friend or enemy of an NSA agent.
    NSA Officers Spy on Love Interests - Washington Wire - WSJ
    NSA employees spied on their lovers using eavesdropping programme - Telegraph
    "Amazingly, one incident saw an employee query "six email addresses belonging to a former girlfriend, a US person" on his first day on the job."
    10-18-13 10:11 PM
    I'm not offended one bit. Glad VP's of such large corps in big bad LA have time to bicker and insult people on fan forums.

Posted via CB10
    Fan forums? I must be confused. I thought this was a support forum because the official blackberry.com forums are horrible.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    10-19-13 12:08 AM
    Fan forums? I must be confused. I thought this was a support forum because the official blackberry.com forums are horrible.

It's a fan forum. And judging by your join date and the number of times you've posted, you know that.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 12:18 AM
    Who cares what the NSA sees, Unless you: are/were married to, dating, used to date, being stalked by,family friend or enemy of an NSA agent.
    NSA Officers Spy on Love Interests - Washington Wire - WSJ
    NSA employees spied on their lovers using eavesdropping programme - Telegraph
    "Amazingly, one incident saw an employee query "six email addresses belonging to a former girlfriend, a US person" on his first day on the job."
    You didn't even read it, the point was that Apple said they couldn't do one thing then said they could, I knew already nsa coils read a iphones messages, I just wanted people to see that other companies lie as well. These forums are ripe with people saying blackberry lied when they all do it. Even the almighty can do no wrong apple.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:53 AM
    It's a fan forum. And judging by your join date and the number of times you've posted, you know that.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    I joined when BB10 decided to ruin my life after 8 years of solid performance from BlackBerry devices

10-19-13 12:57 AM
280 ... 34567 ...