10-23-13 11:42 AM
280 ... 101112
tools
    If you have a personal phone with no MDM solution, then I don't see the problem, because you have to assume that all the information is insecure. What you are trying to do is to pretend that your personal accounts are secure, they are not. This is a false sense of security. If you have work information that you want to protect, then you must have some form of MDM solution. The problems that posters state are security issues (CCN/SSN's) are POLICY security issues and not BB10 security issues.
    you are being obtuse , seemingly on purpose , my own various e-mail accounts that only I use and see ande have NO info on them I need to keep secure are meant to have differnt contact lists. To maintian this obvious and basic function I can only have contacts syncing for one of those accounts on my BB10 phone. I can only add contacts for one of my accounts on my BB1o phones or it will propagate to all my accounts.

This behaviour does not happen on my Torch , or any other previous phone I had. It does not happen on my web mail application on my PC that manages mail from different servers. On all other platforms I have used I have had to select which account to add a new contact to. BB10 assumes I want a new contact in all synced e-mail to contact lists. This is BAD, a MISTAKE and considering this is BBRYs supposed area of strength ... an appalling oversight.
    10-22-13 10:15 AM
    If you have a personal phone with no MDM solution, then I don't see the problem, because you have to assume that all the information is insecure. What you are trying to do is to pretend that your personal accounts are secure, they are not. This is a false sense of security. If you have work information that you want to protect, then you must have some form of MDM solution. The problems that posters state are security issues (CCN/SSN's) are POLICY security issues and not BB10 security issues.
    You present yourself as a service provider that has expertise ... congrats
    but you don't seem to pay attention to the concerns expressed and keep parroting back your special interest

except you have no turned it on it's head and you now say if you don't use MDM that you defacto have no security concerns.

Mr Wayne ... never said he thought the storing of CC and SIN numbers on non-secured accounts was a great idea but he did say having them propagated to all accounts was a concern. He said is his biz the risk involved was accepted by the owners of the CCs and SINs for the convenience provided ... that have that right to take that risk ... but having them propagated into other accounts was a concern. His IT people offered a solution and BBRY is lucky this has not been noticed by more users.

This problem area is propagation of contact s into all e-mail accounts if you add them on a BB10 phone ( I guess not 10.2 )

the only solutions are

1. don't use a BB10 phone ( Mr Wayne's companies solution)
    2. don't have more than one e-mail account syncing on the BB10 phone (my solution for me)
    3. only have managed accounts on your BB10 phone and only use the mamanged side of the phone( in case you has missed it, this is a problem for non-corporate users and exists on the non-secure side of the phone)

Do you think I should need to have BES10 installed somewhere and do all my e-mail through the WORK side of my phone when none of it is work related just because BBRY messed up on this??? really???

BBRY doesn't think so, as they have fixed their mistake

but you keep arguing this is not the problem

they made a mistake
    the mistake is on the personal side of the phone
    BES does not manage that part of the phone
    they fixed their mistake

you remain confused and keep pretending it is a different problem which have have an obvious solution to, again congrats for solving a different problem than the OP brought to the forum

Shall I repeat for you in case all the comoputer savvy users in the forum missed the advice from Mr. Obvious

1. it is not good to keep CC, SIN and other confidential date in unsecured places
    2. it is possible to secure your phone with various MDM solutions

That is probably an earth shattering eye opener to almost nobody who comes to a tech fan site, but thanks.
    ( perhaps you can just write ditto, or some sort of acronym instead of repeating it again and again and again)
    Wayne_Enterprises likes this.
    10-22-13 11:04 AM
    Show me where I said I won't accept BES 10. I f*ucking dare you. Show me. Come on. Oh wait you're just talking out of your a$$.

I'd gladly accept BES10 in my work environment. Decision isn't up to me, and I'm pretty sure I made that crystal f*ucking clear. People need to LEARN TO READ.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9379637]

Where did I swear here? Do you understand English language? You keep asking others if they do, but I'm worried about you know. I've read this post several times and can't seem to find a curse word. Guess I'm illiterate.

*sidestep again. You should win an award at this point

I've learnt a lot from this thread and appreciate the discussion, but actually, you use profanity quite bit while 'debating' when you get angry/hostile, which can be offensive. Please remember, young people use this site too, and profanity isn't necessary or appropriate. Thanks.
    BravoZuluDelta and ppeters914 like this.
    10-22-13 12:21 PM
    [QUOTE=SharonRD;9381214]

I've learnt a lot from this thread and appreciate the discussion, but actually, you use profanity quite bit while 'debating' when you get angry/hostile, which can be offensive. Please remember, young people use this site too, and profanity isn't necessary or appropriate. Thanks.
    Apologies, that's why I use asterisks. Just like the Sunday Comics. Which I think more young people read than a BlackBerry Forum

10-23-13 12:39 AM
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9386945]

Apologies, that's why I use asterisks. Just like the Sunday Comics. Which I think more young people read than a BlackBerry Forum

Thank you, Wayne, apology graciously accepted. Asterisks or no, the language is understood. Neither profanity nor hostility are necessary to get one's point across to people in a heated discussion. All that is needed is logic, facts and the ability to get your point of view across without insulting or offending others. Cheers.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-23-13 11:42 AM
280 ... 101112