I think it goes to show that BB10 is way out of the norm with this behavior, yet people are defending it like its the status quo. Not even feature phones commit this sin.

I have never had a phone behave this way before, and this is not a feature I would ever ask for. Otherwise, why even use separate accounts when you can use aliases on ONE account?

Defenders need to stop quoting talking points and Wikipedia pages. Half these people have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. They are just cackling buzz words.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-22-13 02:27 AM
    A contractor who uses his personal phone with a hosted exchange account, personal account, and an account he shares with a spouse (bills, etc.) Adds a work contact to his phone.

Wife automatically gets all that information.

Its pretty simple. Why would one person freelancing want to lock his phone down with MDM. They don't need BES10, however that auto leakage happens without giving him a choice. That's a flaw in the security of this phone. No device should ever leak personal info to other accounts without confirmation. This is like an app stealing contact info without asking, only I s built into the operating system... Are you serious?

This can happen to a freelance journalist with their sources. An attorney, anyone.

What is wrong with you people. You act like any criticism must be damned. This is actually a serious issue in their software. Very serious.

Very sensitive information can be in a VCF file (address, phone number, and the Notes field exists for a reason - many people use it).

I cannot believe people are defending this. Blown away. Just wow...

You are aware iPhone and Android devices can be secured via MDM, and yet still do not have this flaw built into them, are you. Only with BB10 must you worry about this issue.

I see the third blind mouse has appeared. If you are saying that a freelance journalist and an attorney should use a phone that is not highly secured with an MDM solution or is shared on any account, they you have just opened the door for problems. To suggest that these people should not have a secure phone just shows the lack of understanding about proper security. I guess the three blind mice have been blinded by iOS and Android thinking they are secure. No phone is really secure for sensitive information unless it is controlled by an MDM solution.
    10-22-13 05:27 AM
    Hard to understand how the security experts here can defend this amateurish mistake. I can think of no situation where this can be seen as anything else but a very bad idea. An action in one account is assumed to be an action in all accounts. Come on experts. If this is a good thing then why not calenders. Why does every email not go out on every account?

It's a mistake. A pretty big one and BlackBerry is lucky more didn't notice it.

My solution for now is to sync only one contact list. Not ideal but it will do until I have 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:31 AM
    Double post.
    10-22-13 07:33 AM
    I see the third blind mouse has appeared. If you are saying that a freelance journalist and an attorney should use a phone that is not highly secured with an MDM solution or is shared on any account, they you have just opened the door for problems. To suggest that these people should not have a secure phone just shows the lack of understanding about proper security. I guess the three blind mice have been blinded by iOS and Android thinking they are secure. No phone is really secure for sensitive information unless it is controlled by an MDM solution.
    Really don't quote my posts. I have no intention is conversing with you. You're not very bright.

Freelancers can use Knox on an S4 or Note 3 and never worry about that. S3 soon. Discounting the fact that no Android handset does this stupidity...

Keep Moving.

MDM isn't the end all be all of security. You're embarrassing yourself trying to excuse this. Really. You look like a fool.

10-22-13 07:36 AM
    [QUOTE=n8ter#AC;9378324]
    Really don't quote my posts. I have no intention is conversing with you. You're not very bright.

Freelancers can use Knox on an S4 or Note 3 and never worry about that. S3 soon.

Keep Moving.

MDM isn't the end all be all of security. You're embarrassing yourself trying to excuse this. Really. You look like a fool.

The person who looks bad are all the people who think that personal accounts are secure and that storing CC# and SSN# in memo fields are also secure. You top it off by saying that MDM isn't the best solution for mobile device management. I bet the next thing you will say is that your should share your phone and not have it password protected.

And it is hilarious that you are a Android user posting on a Blackberry phone talking about security.
    10-22-13 07:41 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;9378382]

The person who looks bad are all the people who think that personal accounts are secure and that storing CC# and SSN# in memo fields are also secure. You top it off by saying that MDM isn't the best solution for mobile device management. I bet the next thing you will say is that your should share your phone and not have it password protected.

And it is hilarious that you are a Android user posting on a Blackberry phone talking about security.
    Yes for a platform with a massive Info leak/designed security hole.

10-22-13 07:42 AM
    Hard to understand how the security experts here can defend this amateurish mistake. I can think of no situation where this can be seen as anything else but a very bad idea. An action in one account is assumed to be an action in all accounts. Come on experts. If this is a good thing then why not calenders. Why does every email not go out on every account?

It's a mistake. A pretty big one and BlackBerry is lucky more didn't notice it.

My solution for now is to sync only one contact list. Not ideal but it will do until I have 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    I would love to hear you say that storing CC# and SSN's in a memo field is a smart policy.
    10-22-13 07:43 AM
    [QUOTE=n8ter#AC;9378391]

Yes for a platform with a massive Info leak/designed security hole.

Yes and that platform is called Android.
    10-22-13 07:44 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;9378407]

Yes and that platform is called Android.
    Read the thread. Done with you. You're delusional.

10-22-13 07:45 AM
    [QUOTE=n8ter#AC;9378416]

Read the thread. Don't with you. You're delusional.

Wow. Is English your first language? Might explain your problems with understanding security concepts. It wasn't me who forced you to converse with me. You responded after you said you wouldn't. Please keep your word.
    10-22-13 07:46 AM
    .. the company have a level of security that they're comfortable with mow (probably)
    No security whatsoever in the case of the BB10 phones they allowed to connect to their ActiveSync service. Frightening.

If we want to help BlackBerry, what we should do instead is say things nicely to w_e, giving suggestions on what he/she can do to allow BB10 devices to be used at that company again..
    Done and done until we became exasperated, use BES10 to secure your corporate data on BB10 phones in the work place. There is no Enterprise grade alternative to the security it provides.

And yet Wayne won't accept this is a requirement in the work place. He thinks creating a Contact for someone at work on any phone and in his head saying to himself "There. That's a Work Contact." is all it takes to secure Corporate data. Again, that's frightening.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:06 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;9378427]

Wow. Is English your first language? Might explain your problems with understanding security concepts. It wasn't me who forced you to converse with me. You responded after you said you wouldn't. Please keep your word.
    I'd love to hear your argument against the gentlemen working for the nonprofit organization who shares an account with other volunteers.

You are one of the most prolific conversation dodgers I've even seen on here.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    10-22-13 09:06 AM
    No security whatsoever in the case of the BB10 phones they allowed to connect to their ActiveSync service. Frightening.

Done and done until we became exasperated, use BES10 to secure your corporate data on BB10 phones in the work place. There is no Enterprise grade alternative to the security it provides.

And yet Wayne won't accept this is a requirement in the work place. He thinks creating a Contact for someone at work on any phone and in his head saying to himself "There. That's a Work Contact." is all it takes to secure Corporate data. Again, that's frightening.

Posted via CB10
    Show me where I said I won't accept BES 10. I f*ucking dare you. Show me. Come on. Oh wait you're just talking out of your a$$.

I'd gladly accept BES10 in my work environment. Decision isn't up to me, and I'm pretty sure I made that crystal f*ucking clear. People need to LEARN TO READ.

10-22-13 09:08 AM
    He won't. They only do straw man. BES10 Supports iOS and Android yet they don't need it to prevent this from happening.

They're hypocrites :-)

Had this been an android thing posted to CNET they'd be lambasting Google right now.

10-22-13 09:08 AM
    Show me where I said I won't accept BES 10. I f*ucking dare you. Show me. Come on. Oh wait you're just talking out of your a$$.

I'd gladly accept BES10 in my work environment. Decision isn't up to me, and I'm pretty sure I made that crystal f*ucking clear. People need to LEARN TO READ.

I didn't say you wouldn't accept it. I didn't say it was your decision at work to make.

All I said was we've explained to you that the only way to secure Corporate data on a BB10 phone is by activating it on BES10, something that you didn't realise and have no experience of, and yet you don't think that a BB10 phone should need it to secure Corporate data. You can't have your cake and eat it as the saying goes.

Also you keep twisting what I do say around in to something you can get angry about so that you can retaliate at the imaginary attack I made on you by using foul language. How mature.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:19 AM
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9379215]

I'd love to hear your argument against the gentlemen working for the nonprofit organization who shares an account with other volunteers.

You are one of the most prolific conversation dodgers I've even seen on here.

WOW. Just WOW. You do know that you can get free email accounts so you don't have to share them. Just the fact that you miss this and say that people should share email accounts is how desperate you are in trying to prove your point. I am sure that all the other volunteers have a cell phone of some type. If they don't, I wouldn't share the phone with them. I would send out the emails for them, but wouldn't share my phone. You keep coming up with all kinds of security problems to prove how you think a feature of BB10 is a security problem when it is the policies that you are working with are the real issue.
    10-22-13 09:22 AM
    Again sidestepping. You don't even know the scenario that the group is in to where the need to share an account and make statements like this. You literally are sounding like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory at this point. Were you raped by a non-secure phone as a child and have terrible flashbacks?

[QUOTE=Bluenoser63;9379376]

WOW. Just WOW. You do know that you can get free email accounts so you don't have to share them. Just the fact that you miss this and say that people should share email accounts is how desperate you are in trying to prove your point. I am sure that all the other volunteers have a cell phone of some type. If they don't, I wouldn't share the phone with them. I would send out the emails for them, but wouldn't share my phone. You keep coming up with all kinds of security problems to prove how you think a feature of BB10 is a security problem when it is the policies that you are working with are the real issue.
    10-22-13 09:25 AM
    I would love to hear you say that storing CC# and SSN's in a memo field is a smart policy.
    Yah ... but that is an entorely different issue.

This concept is a BAD BAD idea. We have differnt accounts becouse we chose to segragate certain info ... I use one webmail account for most of my personal messages and a few others thatare there mainly as secondary accounts that I use infrequntly and chose to keep most contacts out of those accounts. BB10 defeats this simple and obvious need.

If this is a good idea then why does it not happen for sending e-mails and adding calender events.

With both of these when you add to calender or compose an email the FIRST thing you do is SELECT WHICH ACCOUNT.

Its great the BB10 consodidates when vieweing it is WRONG to assume all contact go to all accounts ...
    also to concept of a LOCAL contact list not attached to any email account is missing ... also too bad but not critical
    AND this propagation does not go to the SIM card or any other contact list just all email account contact lists

HOW DID THIS GET RELEASED THIS WAY???

As for CC and SINs onto unsecured accounts. Yep a bad idea and perhaps the company will face serious issues in the furure because of that. But that was not the issue of concern to the OP and I don't the the OP or anyone else defended that.

There are quite a few things legacy BB phones did better that did not get carrying over but most are style and convenience issues ( like ping behavior in BBM) but this is a serious MISTAKE and looks like BB belatedly realized and is fixing it , so why would anybody here defend it. Bizarre.
    10-22-13 09:30 AM
    Yah ... but that is an entorely different issue.

This concept is a BAD BAD idea. We have differnt accounts becouse we chose to segragate certain info ... I use one webmail account for most of my personal messages and a few others thatare there mainly as secondary accounts that I use infrequntly and chose to keep most contacts out of those accounts. BB10 defeats this simple and obvious need.

If this is a good idea then why does it not happen for sending e-mails and adding calender events.

With both of these when you add to calender or compose an email the FIRST thing you do is SELECT WHICH ACCOUNT.

Its great the BB10 consodidates when vieweing it is WRONG to assume all contact go to all accounts ...
    also to concept of a LOCAL contact list not attached to any email account is missing ... also too bad but not critical
    AND this propagation does not go to the SIM card or any other contact list just all email account contact lists

HOW DID THIS GET RELEASED THIS WAY???

As for CC and SINs onto unsecured accounts. Yep a bad idea and perhaps the company will face serious issues in the furure because of that. But that was not the issue of concern to the OP and I don't the the OP or anyone else defended that.

There are quite a few things legacy BB phones did better that did not get carrying over but most are style and convenience issues ( like ping behavior in BBM) but this is a serious MISTAKE and looks like BB belatedly realized and is fixing it , so why would anybody here defend it. Bizarre.
    If you have a personal phone with no MDM solution, then I don't see the problem, because you have to assume that all the information is insecure. What you are trying to do is to pretend that your personal accounts are secure, they are not. This is a false sense of security. If you have work information that you want to protect, then you must have some form of MDM solution. The problems that posters state are security issues (CCN/SSN's) are POLICY security issues and not BB10 security issues.
    10-22-13 09:47 AM
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9379403]Again sidestepping. You don't even know the scenario that the group is in to where the need to share an account and make statements like this. You literally are sounding like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory at this point. Were you raped by a non-secure phone as a child and have terrible flashbacks?

The only child here is you. You can't have a conversation without swearing? When you grow up and have to manage IT for a large company, you will start to understand the risks. Since you don't work in IT, you don't understand. I will stop posting on this thread and leave you to your fantasy world of security. Some of us live in the real world. You don't want to learn about security, that is plain to see. Some people just refuse to learn and when you try to reason with them, they resort to foul language. That is a sign of a lost cause.
    10-22-13 09:49 AM
    If you have a personal phone with no MDM solution, then I don't see the problem, because you have to assume that all the information is insecure. What you are trying to do is to pretend that your personal accounts are secure, they are not. This is a false sense of security. If you have work information that you want to protect, then you must have some form of MDM solution. The problems that posters state are security issues (CCN/SSN's) are POLICY security issues and not BB10 security issues.
    Pretty sure you're the only fool still talking about the idiotic assistants at my company that store personal information in vcf's. It's how you deflect when everyone else calls you out on being crazy at this point.

10-22-13 09:50 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;9379617]
    Again sidestepping. You don't even know the scenario that the group is in to where the need to share an account and make statements like this. You literally are sounding like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory at this point. Were you raped by a non-secure phone as a child and have terrible flashbacks?

The only child here is you. You can't have a conversation without swearing?
    Where did I swear here? Do you understand English language? You keep asking others if they do, but I'm worried about you know. I've read this post several times and can't seem to find a curse word. Guess I'm illiterate.

*sidestep again. You should win an award at this point

10-22-13 09:51 AM
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9379637]
    Where did I swear here?
    Really? Just one of the post where you swore. You can't even keep track of what you posted. Sad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9371956

BTW: Did you ever figure out how many people you have in your company. You have posted between 70 and 100 thousand. Seems you are not good on details. Explains a lot.
    10-22-13 09:57 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;9379698]

Really? Just one of the post where you swore. You can't even keep track of what you posted. Sad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9371956
    Then quote the post where I did genius, not some random one where I didn't.

10-22-13 09:59 AM
280 ... 9101112