Hey guys! I just bought a new (used) Z30 and I'm upgrading from my 9810 Torch. I�ve only had it for a few days and so far it�s been quite the adventure. Knowing I�d have CrackBerry to help me in my transition made things a little easier, but I literally sat with the Z30 not knowing where to start first. So, I wiped the phone, set up my Wi-Fi, added my email accounts and then started the process of transferring my calendar and contacts� and that�s where everything came to a screeching halt!

Now, I know there were problems for people who tried to switch from their OS7 phones to BB10 back when the Z10 first came out, but I had no idea this stuff was still going on now! My first attempt began using the official main route: BlackBerry Link. Following all the instructions, I ended up with my contacts completely messed up and my calendar was like, one looong list of repeating alarms and notifications for Every. Single. Day!

Long story short, that was the first of several different attempts. Although, I tried my best to search for an answer (Google is usually my friend), I couldn't find how others solved this problem. So with nothing to lose (except time), I called Telus support. The service rep I spoke with, didn't have a clue beyond what I had already tried, BUT, she happened to ask her supervisor who, thank Christmas, owned a BlackBerry and told me to download the app from DeviceSwitch.com onto both phones and use that to transfer my calendar and contacts via Wi-Fi. *Sigh* It was a seamless experience!

All this to say, to the powers that be, on CrackBerry�s BlackBerry 10 Help Series an updated article on How to transfer your BlackBerry 7 data to a BlackBerry 10 device using BlackBerry Link with an included link to BlackBerry introduces Device Switch app that lets you transfer your data over-the-air and/or other troubleshooting tips, (just in case BB Link doesn't work), would have been extremely helpful� Maybe it's an assumption, but there is nothing on that page that discusses how to move your contacts and calendar from one phone to another. I only found the article about the app after the fact. The help series page was the first thing I turned to when I got my Z30, but that kind of information wasn't there. Something to consider, as there may be a big shift of people moving from their OS7 phones to new handsets, once the Passport and Classic come out and may rely on CrackBerry to be their guide.

Now, on to transferring my new BB10 calendar to Outlook 2013. Anybody got advice on that? LOL!
    07-10-14 12:09 AM
    I use device switch almost every time I switch phones. Worked seamlessly.

I do have to agree with you that the support whether it's from blackberry or carrier sucks. Luckily you were able to find a solution!

Posted via BBQ10
    07-10-14 12:24 AM
    I did get lucky. I mean, the answer was here and I guess I would have uncovered it eventually. I just wasn't looking up the right term. Thankfully, it's been the only problem I've encountered so far. Still gotta lot to learn, but I'm enjoying it so far. Love showing it off- everyone wants to see it and touch it (naysayers included)!
    07-10-14 10:43 PM