OK. So I have a Passport. I also have an LG G2. For years I always just used Gmail. Native Email on the BlackBerry of course. On my G2 I use Aquamail currently. But have also used K-9. And the native Android app. And the Gmail app.

So. I have always noticed that with any of these Android apps the sync is instantaneous to my email service... Gmail. While on my Z10 or Passport I have to wait for the sync interval to see updates hit the service. I have the sync interval set to 15 minutes on my Passport by the way.

So I always just thought it was the fact that somehow there was just better integration with Gmail and any Android app. Something special Google has enabled. Meaning perhaps Gmail is a special case when using Android. Kind of like how Yahoo mail has special support for iOS.

BUT now I am using Fastmail and have been for several months. And the same holds true. Here is an example.

Let's say an email comes in to my Fastmail account. So I see it in the web browser on my PC. I see it on my G2 in Aquamail. And I see it on my Passport. All three places. Immediately as you expect with IMAP push enabled. So push delivery is no issue. Don't confuse push delivery with sync. Sync is the issue I am asking about...

But here's the difference. If I delete the email in Aquamail while watching my web browser on the PC, it immediately deletes. Same in reverse. If I delete it in the PC web browser it immediately disappears from my Aquamail client. However none of this is true on my Passport. If I delete it on my Passport I have to wait for the sync interval to occur to see it disappear from the PC web browser. If I delete it at the browser I have to wait for the sync interval for it to disappear from my Passport.

So why is it the Android client immediately syncs all updates? Can BlackBerry 10 be set to do this? I don't see an option under IMAP account settings.

Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-15-15 10:01 PM
    Put your push on and stop the 15 min sync.
    07-15-15 10:09 PM
    Put your push on and stop the 15 min sync.
    Push is on. The only option for sync besides a time setting is "Manual". There is no OFF. So do you mean set sync to manual?

07-15-15 10:14 PM
    07-15-15 10:16 PM
    Yes.
    OK I set it.

Doesn't work automatically like Aquamail. But if I hit refresh it updates to the inbox, yes. But refresh would also work with an interval. So that's not really different.

So is there a way to make it auto sync instantly.

07-15-15 10:22 PM
    Mine does, if I delete from my phone it's gone on my PC immediately. Go into the setting of your email on your PC and make sure your settings are correct
    07-15-15 10:26 PM
    Mine does, if I delete from my phone it's gone on my PC immediately. Go into the setting of your email on your PC and make sure your settings are correct
    I looked. No there are no server side settings that pertain to this for Fastmail that I can find.

07-15-15 10:45 PM
    In your settings , in the hub in display and actions. What do you have your delete set to.
    07-15-15 10:48 PM
    This is odd. I have Gmail account on my passport and I have sync to 30 minutes with push on and emails come to my phone instantly. Intact, when I'm signed in on lap top, my phone led goes off slightly before email shows up in Gmail on laptop.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 10:50 PM
    This is odd. I have Gmail account on my passport and I have sync to 30 minutes with push on and emails come to my phone instantly. Intact, when I'm signed in on lap top, my phone led goes off slightly before email shows up in Gmail on laptop.

Posted via CB10
    OP means that if an email is deleted (from his computer)it will only show deleted or even read (unhighlighted) on his BB10 when the sync interval kicks in unlike on Android where the emails sync immediately (if deleted on computer will also be shown as deleted on Android immediately and vice versa (android to computer)).

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 11:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're confusing push delivery with folder sync. As I stated in my OP... my push delivery works equally as well on my Passport and my Android phone.

07-15-15 11:40 PM
    OP means that if an email is deleted (from his computer)it will only show deleted or even read (unhighlighted) on his BB10 when the sync interval kicks in unlike on Android where the emails sync immediately (if deleted on computer will also be shown as deleted on Android immediately and vice versa (android to computer)).

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Exactly. Exactly correct.

Further my point is that this not something Gmail specific. I see this on both Gmail and Fastmail.

It's as if the Android apps are more like a full blown IMAP PC email client.

I am increasingly relying on Android because of this. I'd like to make my Passport work the same way.

07-15-15 11:42 PM
    Yes. Exactly. Exactly correct.

Further my point is that this not something Gmail specific. I see this on both Gmail and Fastmail.

It's as if the Android apps are more like a full blown IMAP PC email client.

I am increasingly relying on Android because of this. I'd like to make my Passport work the same way.

I've read in another thread within the past 20 minutes can't remember where but it makse sense. The person posted that the apps that Android use use apis to help get the full webservice experience.

Have you tried using Fast mail on your BlackBerry? If it's a download able app not built in on the LG?

Not a good solution though I know..

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    07-16-15 12:03 AM
    I've read in another thread within the past 20 minutes can't remember where but it makse sense. The person posted that the apps that Android use use apis to help get the full webservice experience.

Have you tried using Fast mail on your BlackBerry? If it's a download able app not built in on the LG?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. That's something like I suspected.

As for the app that's a good idea. I wanted it in the hub but if I could find something headless that might be ok.

07-16-15 12:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I got the fastmail app installed. It does immediately sync as you'd expect. But has to stay opened in an active frame. All android apps do on blackberry 10 now that I think of it.

Hmmm. Could still use it to read and delete mail I guess.

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sayf777 likes this.
    07-16-15 12:35 AM