I'd like to know if may it'possible to make a self made native Whatsapp like app. Is there public api?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 12:21 AM
    No.

Via Pasta CB10
    09-29-16 12:23 AM
    I'd like to know if may it'possible to make a self made native Whatsapp like app. Is there public api?
    No, there isn't a public API, and WhatsApp is planning to add a bunch of additional security to prevent third-party clients from working.

So, no, it won't be possible to make a third-party client.
    09-29-16 01:21 AM
    No, there isn't a public API, and WhatsApp is planning to add a bunch of additional security to prevent third-party clients from working.

So, no, it won't be possible to make a third-party client.
    I'm not a dev but aren't there older API's that are working on older phones in other countries? Why can't we piggyback on those?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 03:51 AM
    I'm not a dev but aren't there older API's that are working on older phones in other countries? Why can't we piggyback on those?
    All of those clients will be blocked by WA's servers as of 1/1/2017.
    09-29-16 09:30 AM
    Well then good riddance whatsapp crap!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 05:08 PM
    Seems like you're misinformed. Those unofficial clients are blocked already. Since 2014, WA has been throwing out Cease&Desists to unofficial clients which has led to the disappearance of a whole lof them on GitHub and not being able to log in anymore in the clients. Some users of those apps also noticed their account got blocked by WA.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-30-16 12:02 AM
    Seems like you're misinformed. Those unofficial clients are blocked already. Since 2014, WA has been throwing out Cease&Desists to unofficial clients which has led to the disappearance of a whole lof them on GitHub and not being able to log in anymore in the clients. Some users of those apps also noticed their account got blocked by WA.
    My understanding (though I have no personal knowledge) was that there was at least one client that was still working. But, yes, WA has been aggressively shutting down third-party clients for a couple of years, as they NEVER had a public API and those clients were using hacked APIs. But WA has announced that they'll be implementing some additional security at the client level and will be using the servers to block all older/non-authorized clients.
    09-30-16 12:53 AM
    Better move to telegram,jabber or any free protocol, and the most important to learn the lesson and avoid using privative/commercial protocols in future.

Anyway sooner or later all people will hate WA as it happened before with microsoft.

The only problem is that we will be the first ones

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 12:06 PM
    Better move to telegram,jabber or any free protocol, and the most important to learn the lesson and avoid using privative/commercial protocols in future.

Anyway sooner or later all people will hate WA as it happened before with microsoft.

The only problem is that we will be the first ones

Posted via CB10
    Telegram Is the best but most of people do not know this fact
    10-04-16 09:15 PM
    "The best" is a subjective thing. What you find the best doesn't mean that others also find it the best.

I, for example, disagree with you. I tried Telegram last year and I don't like it at all, I prefer BB10 and Twitter DM's for communicating (or good 'ol SMS, if needed).

10-04-16 11:54 PM
    It is up to you for sure what is best but i meant Telegram is at least better than Whatsapp
    10-05-16 03:19 AM
    Disa has a WhatsApp plugin on Android that still works, so it's possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 03:42 AM
    Disa has a WhatsApp plugin on Android that still works, so it's possible.

Posted via CB10
    A plug-in is not the same as a dedicated WA client. They silently permit plug-ins, at least for the time being.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-05-16 06:47 AM
    Ultimately, it all depends on your network...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-06-16 02:27 PM
    It is up to you for sure what is best but i meant Telegram is at least better than Whatsapp
    Just like the man said that "best" is subjective, "better" is also subjective. Because it is best or better for you, it does not hold that everyone will share your view.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-07-16 01:43 AM
    Best for me would be something open, free, standard..
    At the moment I think that there is nothing like that because even telegram is based in a centralized server dependant on a company.

Jabber was amazing but it is associated to an server account of a phone number...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 09:08 AM
    Best for me would be something open, free, standard..
    At the moment I think that there is nothing like that because even telegram is based in a centralized server dependant on a company.

Jabber was amazing but it is associated to an server account of a phone number...

Posted via CB10
    I don't use 'em myself but you could have a look at Linphone and ChatSecure (both available in Snap/Play Store). Both free and open source and a focus on security (esp. ChatSecure).
    And as far as standards go: ChatSecure is available for Android and iOS and Linphone is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows (desktop), Mac, Linux and also has a Web client.

10-07-16 11:59 PM
    I don't use 'em myself but you could have a look at Linphone and ChatSecure (both available in Snap/Play Store). Both free and open source and a focus on security (esp. ChatSecure).
    And as far as standards go: ChatSecure is available for Android and iOS and Linphone is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows (desktop), Mac, Linux and also has a Web client.

What's the point? None of em has the same number of subscribers as whatsapp. Lets face it, there's no way people are going to install another bunch of applications just to communicate with us!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 05:23 AM
    Unless there are compelling reason(s) to...

What happened before Whatsapp was Skype. What happened before Skype was ICQ (?).

What's next after...WeChat

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-08-16 02:31 PM
    Ia there a native telegramm app? Cant find a good one.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 02:37 PM
    What's the point? None of em has the same number of subscribers as whatsapp. Lets face it, there's no way people are going to install another bunch of applications just to communicate with us!

Posted via CB10
    I know. But the person I responded to was specifically asking for a real open source alternative so probably doesn't care about the amount of subscribers, else he/she wouldn't be asking a question *specifically* about a real open source alternative.

Next time please read the post I respond to before replying. Thanks in advance.

10-08-16 04:04 PM
    Do you can side load the android version.. every one thinks what's app is dead forever on bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 08:24 PM
    I know. But the person I responded to was specifically asking for a real open source alternative so probably doesn't care about the amount of subscribers, else he/she wouldn't be asking a question *specifically* about a real open source alternative.

Next time please read the post I respond to before replying. Thanks in advance.

Ok, my bad, I am sorry if I had got you confused. My comment was not just limited to the open source alternatives. I was asking you in regards with the forum topic ( Whatsapp). In general, what's the point in having all the apps around the world, if none of our beloved ones are in it?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 09:38 PM
    Sad thing is that BBM could have cornered this market if RIM or BlackBerry had decided to go multi platform earlier.... sigh

Sent using my amazing Z30
    keliew and Vistaus like this.
    10-09-16 01:43 AM
44 12