The keyboard wasn't mentioned at all in the post I replied to, so it is difficult to believe it is important to that poster. There have been Android phones with keyboards since the first devices came out. I used one for a short period. There has never been a large market for them. Maybe BlackBerry can change that, but we will have to see.

The Priv is not a significant improvement in security over existing Lollipop. In fact there it is probably less of an improvement than getting a phone that has, or can be updated to Marshmallow. There is another thread that discusses an article by a group working on a secure fork of Android who make very reasonable arguments along these lines.

There are indications that it isn't that difficult to get the BlackBerry Experience Suites on other Android devices. It may in fact be BlackBerry's intention to eventually sell this software to other Android users. Though the fact that they haven't done much to prevent pre-sales access doesn't say much for their Android ecosystem security prowess either.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    No android phone has blackberry keyboard.
    Security ( blackberry committed to monthly updates)
    Hub (right now it is only for BlackBerry )
    Pure Android Is like all Google phones.
    11-17-15 09:01 AM
    No android phone has blackberry keyboard.
    Security ( blackberry committed to monthly updates)
    Hub (right now it is only for BlackBerry )
    Pure Android Is like all Google phones.
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/11/09/yo...android-phone/

Hub requires root. Not difficult to get on many Android phones.

Windows desktop OS had monthly updates since XP. Still wasn't and isn't what I would call a secure OS.

So if you are one of the few people who have been waiting for a BlackBerry keyboard on an Android phone, then the Priv is for you. Or, if you feel that what little BlackBerry has been able to do to improve the security of Android is enough, then maybe the Priv is for you.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-17-15 09:26 AM
    I see a lot of you saying you can't get many apps that work pretty fine on the Z30. I thought everyone knew of "1 Mobile Market" ? This android app store blows amazon app store out of the water. I've been using it on my Z10 and Z30 for a long time and the only app I couldn't use still is Snapchat. You can download it right from their website. They have many android apps that will work without doing any tricks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 09:28 AM
    50 apps and 5 games from BlackBerry World, and two apks.
    When I upgrade to the Passport next year, I will probably add the Kindle apk.
    11-18-15 03:27 AM
    I see a lot of you saying you can't get many apps that work pretty fine on the Z30. I thought everyone knew of "1 Mobile Market" ? This android app store blows amazon app store out of the water. I've been using it on my Z10 and Z30 for a long time and the only app I couldn't use still is Snapchat. You can download it right from their website. They have many android apps that will work without doing any tricks.

Snap app gives you full access to Google app store
    11-18-15 10:05 AM
    Aside from supporting Blackberry developers, what are the reasons why you use Native apps opposed to Android version?

Stability, better performance, functionality? Like pandora, facebook, etc.

Just curious because I have about 50% native and 50% Android version.
    11-20-15 08:18 PM
    Why isn't snapchat supported??? Not so much for me, but my kids use the app and they can't interact with me because i have a blackberry and it isn't supported. Need to keep up with the times. Blackberry user for 12 years (bold, torch, Z10). It is important to stay in communication with kids.
    11-20-15 08:50 PM
    Aside from supporting Blackberry developers, what are the reasons why you use Native apps opposed to Android version?

Stability, better performance, functionality? Like pandora, facebook, etc.

Just curious because I have about 50% native and 50% Android version.
    Because the Android runtime sucks the battery and the apps do not close.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 10:19 PM
    Why isn't snapchat supported??? Not so much for me, but my kids use the app and they can't interact with me because i have a blackberry and it isn't supported. Need to keep up with the times. Blackberry user for 12 years (bold, torch, Z10). It is important to stay in communication with kids.
    Because SnapChat does not allow third party applications, and won't write one for BB10. Some people have had success with Casper, but you should really take the issue up with SnapChat, thought I doubt you will change their minds.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Torch14 likes this.
    11-21-15 08:21 AM

Too many people saying it has a greater likelihood of malicious apps, therefore I avoid it.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    11-21-15 08:53 AM
    thanks for the clarification.
    11-21-15 11:44 AM
    All native apps.
    11-21-15 11:56 AM
    Just a few local banking apps are now Android. Don't need much other apps. Email and browsing is most important. All worked great on the Z10 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:41 PM
    232 native vs 51 Android as of 11/21/15.
    11-21-15 05:21 PM
    Native, no android

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:00 PM
65 123