I'll bet some of those "native apps" are ports.
    11-14-15 07:52 PM
    Mostly native, especially since it's only option in BES workspace. A few android in personal side, but not many outside of home alarm control.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    11-14-15 07:58 PM
    Too be honest, I used to have my BB Bold (work) alongside with an S3(personal), had to carry 2 phones almost all the time. Thought Z30 would solve that problem. I bet many more BB users out there had to do the same.

7290+W800i (10 years ago)
    Bold+S3 (3 years ago)

So, Priv does save the day!
    I've never had to carry another phone besides my BlackBerry. Can't see any reason to. But that's just me.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 09:21 PM
    Native; do not trust android stuff.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    11-14-15 11:37 PM
    So what's the difference between an android developer and a BlackBerry developer?

You know BlackBerry doesn't make all the made for BlackBerry apps. I bet some android developers make them. How can you trust them?
    11-14-15 11:49 PM
    My use of native apps is sadly declining because of the lack of support for native, so if there's a choice between native or Android via the Amazon Appstore I will unfortunately go for the version in the Appstore.

Native apps are so much faster, smoother and better - so it's a shame
    11-15-15 12:40 AM
    Mostly native. The only Android apps I use are a few that are only available for Android or are Androided in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:03 AM
    So what's the difference between an android developer and a BlackBerry developer?

You know BlackBerry doesn't make all the made for BlackBerry apps. I bet some android developers make them. How can you trust them?
    Native BlackBerry apps are developed using the native BlackBerry 10 api /sdk. They have access to proper controls, and full feature set as provided by BlackBerry
    Android apps running on bb10 run in an android app player, run slower due to the conversion of non native code, have limited app security controls, don't support all the native gestures and hardware access, and in general don't look as nice.

Big thing on security and privacy side for BlackBerry10 apps is the per app permissions that our current android 4.3 app player doesn't support. I don't even think native Android itself supported this until recently.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    11-15-15 02:46 AM
    About 70-30% to Native, don't have many Apps on this phone

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 11-15-15 at 04:38 AM.
    11-15-15 03:24 AM
    Native of course.

Nothing like my SE.
    11-15-15 03:29 AM
    Native. Except SoundCloud. But its also not the stock android SoundCloud app. It's been patched with GMAPS patcher 1.3(not 1.4).
    11-15-15 04:08 AM
    I'll bet some of those "native apps" are ports.
    Built for BlackBerry app's: 60
    BB System app's: 28
    BBW ported app's: nill
    Android app's: nill

My DBBTDeleteIgnoreList.txt
    #system files:
    #delete all this junk:
    com.assetscience.BBVE
    com.evernote
    com.foursquare.blackberry
    com.linkedin
    com.rim.bb.app.facebook
    com.rim.bb.app.retaildemoshim
    sys.android-shell
    sys.bug_reporter
    sys.cfs.dropbox
    sys.howto
    sys.retaildemo
    sys.socialconnect.bbm.meetings
    sys.socialconnect.facebook
    sys.data.nuance
    sys.data.wallpaper
    sys.data.imf (keeped root and EN only)
    sys.uri.bbhub
    sys.uri.textmessaging
    sys.uri.youtube

#keep this files:
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.ENG (keep)
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.ENG.kate (keep)
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.common (keep)
    !sys.data.nuance_vocon.eng (keep)

#permanent, sadely this junk can't be deleted:
    #sys.android
    #sys.help
    #sys.mmagic
    #sys.setupbuffet
    #sys.socialconnect.linkedin
    !sys.socialconnect.twitter
    #sys.socialconnect.youtube

By doing so the amount of space made available is around 1GB, with other words the system can be slimmed down of all the junk too.
    And a nice side effects is that non of this two Amazon app will ever return after reboot, even deleted all the Android folders below /misc/Android, in combination of deleting sys,android-shell.bat the device is a BlackBerry only device without any Android app ever gets a chance to run, not even the Amazon app's.
    Usually any ported app would need to rely on the sys.android-shell.

The screen shots are made without Android RT running :
    The peaks are during device restart!

Is majority of your apps native or Android?-img_20151115_114224.png
    Is majority of your apps native or Android?-img_20151115_114153.png
    Is majority of your apps native or Android?-img_20151115_114134.png

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 11-15-15 at 04:55 AM.
    11-15-15 04:44 AM
    When I see posts like this I have to wonder why you didn't just get an Android phone. Why wait for the Priv?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    How about blackberry signature keyboard and blackberry security. Also blackberry 10 experience on Android. I think Priv and future blackberry phones line ups are the most exciting phones for Android platform in long time
    11-15-15 06:35 AM

BlackBerry is much more active in seeking out badly behaved applications in BlackBerry World than Google is in Play, or even Apple is in the App Store.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-15-15 06:55 AM
    How about blackberry signature keyboard and blackberry security. Also blackberry 10 experience on Android. I think Priv and future blackberry phones line ups are the most exciting phones for Android platform in long time
    The keyboard wasn't mentioned at all in the post I replied to, so it is difficult to believe it is important to that poster. There have been Android phones with keyboards since the first devices came out. I used one for a short period. There has never been a large market for them. Maybe BlackBerry can change that, but we will have to see.

The Priv is not a significant improvement in security over existing Lollipop. In fact there it is probably less of an improvement than getting a phone that has, or can be updated to Marshmallow. There is another thread that discusses an article by a group working on a secure fork of Android who make very reasonable arguments along these lines.

There are indications that it isn't that difficult to get the BlackBerry Experience Suites on other Android devices. It may in fact be BlackBerry's intention to eventually sell this software to other Android users. Though the fact that they haven't done much to prevent pre-sales access doesn't say much for their Android ecosystem security prowess either.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-15-15 07:13 AM
    Most of my apps are native. I only have a few games, and the Facebook and Messenger apps, and one utility that are Android apps.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-15-15 09:10 AM
    I have the following Android apps:

Canon Print
    Netflix
    St. John Ambulance
    Yellow Pages

The rest are native BB10. Truth be told, there is not many apps that I really need.... BlackBerry World has most of it covered.
    11-15-15 02:33 PM
    BlackBerry is much more active in seeking out badly behaved applications in BlackBerry World than Google is in Play, or even Apple is in the App Store.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    And just as good at letting a bunch of crap in.
    11-15-15 04:45 PM
    Z30 more Android than native

The only native app I use are browser, bb travel, remember, calc and hub. Both the Facebook app and LinkedIn app Suck balls.

Hoping for some solid black Friday deals in Can to make the jump. Patching and side loading for way too long.

Posted via CB10
    Torch14 likes this.
    11-15-15 04:51 PM
    And just as good at letting a bunch of crap in.
    You asked about trust not quality. A poorly written application is not necessarily a malicious application.

BlackBerry regularly finds applications that collect and upload data not covered by the privacy policy, or not disclosed to the customer. In the majority of cases Google and Apple have to be told by third party researchers.

The biggest such breach lately has been Apple's. It turns out Apple has no way of actually restricting calls to privileged APIs in their Objective-C development system. So they took the function names out of the header files. Developers found out what the names are and called them anyway, so Apple started searching applications for those function names. Some developers then obfuscated the names and kept calling the functions. The research company that found and disclosed this mess wrote software that looked at thousands of apps in the App Store and found hundreds that used this technique to gather personal data covertly. But even they admit that they can only find the applications using the simplest form of this technique.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-15 05:34 PM
    Z30 more Android than native

The only native app I use are browser, bb travel, remember, calc and hub. Both the Facebook app and LinkedIn app Suck balls.

Hoping for some solid black Friday deals in Can to make the jump. Patching and side loading for way too long.

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with the native LinkedIn app?
    11-15-15 08:28 PM
    Facebook and messenger

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 12:30 PM
    I find myself running many android apps on my phone. I still have more native apps but perhaps my ratio is 60 to 40% now.

I did try to have only native apps on my phone but often I find that android apps. Are better and they run well on my z30. Latest update to my phone is really good.

Apps like fitbit run superbly on my phone now. Before I would have Bluetooth issues and now I have 0 problems.

As long as some of these apps do not require Google services they run will on my phone.

I love official instagram on my phones.

Bb10 has gone a long road and the OS and Android integration is really fantastic now.
    70% native
    11-16-15 04:41 PM
    Native, as I have an android device for android apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:04 PM
    3 ports
    1 Android
    60 native apps

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:30 PM
65 123