I find myself running many android apps on my phone. I still have more native apps but perhaps my ratio is 60 to 40% now.

I did try to have only native apps on my phone but often I find that android apps. Are better and they run well on my z30. Latest update to my phone is really good.

Apps like fitbit run superbly on my phone now. Before I would have Bluetooth issues and now I have 0 problems.

As long as some of these apps do not require Google services they run will on my phone.

I love official instagram on my phones.

Bb10 has gone a long road and the OS and Android integration is really fantastic now.
    Torch14 likes this.
    11-13-15 01:20 PM
    Natiivveeeeeee

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 01:21 PM
    Native

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 01:37 PM
    Native, I think I only have 2 Android ports. Westjet App and Kayak app.
    11-13-15 01:50 PM
    Honestly, only Google Maps is all I need from Android apps, the rest is in BBWorld.
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-13-15 02:16 PM
    Native and build for BlackBerry only!
    By 100%, even the sys.android-shell.bar file deleted, so the Amazone app would not pop up after a reboot!

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    11-13-15 03:02 PM
    I have about 60 Android apps and 38 Native (non-system) apps.

Only 5 games BTW. This includes 8 patched apps for Google Play Services.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-13-15 03:07 PM
    I ditched almost all my Android apps. They were slow and didn't close properly causing significant battery drain on my Q10. But, I see many posts, particularly from Z30 users, that Android apps work quite well for them. I wonder if some of the issues are due to adjustments to the square screen of the Q10 and/or lesser specs.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:16 PM
    I only have two Android apps, both from the Amazon store.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-13-15 03:55 PM
    Recently did my first reload and only installed what I found I was using. So mostly Native. I only have a few android now.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 05:39 PM
    Only one Android app and no ports. Native is fine.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    11-13-15 05:45 PM
    Are we counting ported Android apps that are available from BlackBerry World native or Android?

As for actually using Android Snap apps, I only have a handful.
    - BlackVue (Dashcam brand)
    - OneNote (Note taking)
    - Observed Trials (Bike Forum)
    - Windows Central
    - CIBC Banking (BlackBerry 10 native version exists, but cant deposit checks like Android).
    - Myfitnesspal

Can't give you the exact number, but it would be more like 3 Snap apps, and 7 BlackBerry World apps.

Some of the apps I downloaded from BlackBerry World are also Android ports.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:22 AM
    No, actually on Passport, there's no reason to use any apps as with the size of display and resolution, it's better to use Web. Especially with responsive design these days. I was always big fan of mobile apps but HTML5 is taking over this world.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere and A_Aviator_A like this.
    11-14-15 01:20 AM
    I wish I could stay longer with my Z30, but the company I work for doesn't provide Exchange license. Most of my apps were Android ports and they all performed horribly slow, so I had to ditch the Z30 and moved to iPhone, which I hate the most!

I still love BB, they 'were' the best business phones I've used in my entire life! Too bad they couldn't survive longer though.
    11-14-15 03:35 AM
    More than 90% native.
    11-14-15 04:11 AM
    Nowadays I use native apps only.

Via Pasta CB10
    11-14-15 04:56 AM
    Only one android apps.
    11-14-15 05:51 AM
    I have several android apps but really only 3 I use on a regular basis : Amazon Prime Music and Pandora for music, and the Delta app when traveling.
    I have Google maps but really don't use it that often. I use the Kindle app only when traveling

I use the native TuneIn radio app, Nobex, and iheart radio apps, Cascarun Pro, BlackBerry maps, WhereIs, Ambient Details, Genius Maps, BlackBerry travel quite often. The only game I have installed is Chess-wise

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:50 AM
    I ditched almost all my Android apps. They were slow and didn't close properly causing significant battery drain on my Q10. But, I see many posts, particularly from Z30 users, that Android apps work quite well for them. I wonder if some of the issues are due to adjustments to the square screen of the Q10 and/or lesser specs.

Posted via CB10
    I do not know why android apps do not work well on your phone but it is true that a lot of them work well on my z30. Since the latest update I am actually surprised how well they run. All the apps I need work very well. Some which did not work well work now perfectly fine. For me it is fitbit app that now since with my fitbit without a hitch. The downside are apps which require Google services. This is annoying unfortunately. I will eventually get Priv but for 2 years old phone z30 has matured to a great blackberry device.
    11-14-15 10:23 AM
    I wish I could stay longer with my Z30, but the company I work for doesn't provide Exchange license. Most of my apps were Android ports and they all performed horribly slow, so I had to ditch the Z30 and moved to iPhone, which I hate the most!

I still love BB, they 'were' the best business phones I've used in my entire life! Too bad they couldn't survive longer though.
    Get Priv
    11-14-15 10:24 AM
    I was actually very excited to see BB announced the Priv. Come on! It's BB and native Android together! Big thumbs up! They are hard to get in SE Asia right now, but I can't wait to get one here though!

Finally, I can have Skype, QQ, WeChat, TuneIn Radio, mobile banking and a whole bunch of other apps working happily on my BB.

I am Chinese and those IMs are a must-have to stay in touch with clients, too bad they are not native in BB or their functions are limited even when they are native.
    11-14-15 10:47 AM
    All native for me and quite a few at that. I use an ipod too for other apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:40 PM
    I was actually very excited to see BB announced the Priv. Come on! It's BB and native Android together! Big thumbs up! They are hard to get in SE Asia right now, but I can't wait to get one here though!

Finally, I can have Skype, QQ, WeChat, TuneIn Radio, mobile banking and a whole bunch of other apps working happily on my BB.

I am Chinese and those IMs are a must-have to stay in touch with clients, too bad they are not native in BB or their functions are limited even when they are native.
    When I see posts like this I have to wonder why you didn't just get an Android phone. Why wait for the Priv?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    elfabio80 and muellerto like this.
    11-14-15 07:24 PM
    Firefox is the only android app I use very often
    11-14-15 07:43 PM
    When I see posts like this I have to wonder why you didn't just get an Android phone. Why wait for the Priv?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Too be honest, I used to have my BB Bold (work) alongside with an S3(personal), had to carry 2 phones almost all the time. Thought Z30 would solve that problem. I bet many more BB users out there had to do the same.

7290+W800i (10 years ago)
    Bold+S3 (3 years ago)

So, Priv does save the day!
    11-14-15 07:52 PM
65 123