I've had the drain several times and seen many other in the forums. Hasn't happened in a while and have no pattern for the cause on my end.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 04:52 PM
    Mine is 10.5.15.15 as well.
    12-08-14 05:14 PM
    [QUOTE=bungaboy;11146570]Can't you use 10.5.15.15?

Following that link it gives me 13.14 which I guess is the most current for the production 10.2.1 build i'm on... unless it hasn't been rolled out yet. Tells me no updates are available. I know I could sideload the app or load a leak to test this further but for now I don't wanna do that. Just got everything stable and i'm happy lol
    12-08-14 05:25 PM
    Here is some information about the address.

A more detailed IP address report for api.Mixpanel.com is below. At the time you pulled this report, the IP of api.Mixpanel.com is 5.10.73.69 and is located in the time zone of Europe/Amsterdam. The context of api.Mixpanel.com is "Mixpanel" and could reflect the theme of the content available on the resource. More IP details of api.Mixpanel.com are shown below along with a map location.

api.Mixpanel.com | Mixpanel IP Lookup (IP: 5.10.73.69)

Hostname:
    api.mixpanel.com

IP Address:
    Host of this IP:
    5.10.73.69-static.reverse.softlayer.com
    Organization:
    Mixpanel Inc

ISP:
    SoftLayer Dutch Holdings BV
    City:
    Amsterdam

Netherlands

State:
    Noord-Holland

Timezone:
    Europe/Amsterdam
    12-08-14 05:39 PM
    Can you check if you have any "Connect to BBM" permissions enabled for an Android app in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions ?
    I really doubt that BlackBerry uses their services... The API can be implemented in C++, but they only offer JS, IOS, Android, etc... If BlackBerry worked with them, the C++ lib should be shared by now.

Can still be the shop... I'm eager to see the answer from BlackBerry
    12-08-14 05:41 PM
    Can you also give us a list of your apps.
    12-08-14 05:46 PM
    Good point. At least a list of the linked apps.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-08-14 06:13 PM
    Reporting this to JIRA was probably not a good idea.

https://blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN
    Check out how many bugs were reported this month and how many were resolved this month.
    Hint: Similar number to last month.

anon(9208252), moody and bungaboy like this.
    12-08-14 06:39 PM
    Can you check if you have any "Connect to BBM" permissions enabled for an Android app in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions ?
    I really doubt that BlackBerry uses their services... The API can be implemented in C++, but they only offer JS, IOS, Android, etc... If BlackBerry worked with them, the C++ lib should be shared by now.

Can still be the shop... I'm eager to see the answer from BlackBerry

Will try to answer everyone. Let me know if I didn't:
    1. Joshu42 - I believe the api.mixpanel.com is infact put there by Blackberry. Check this out, it's an analysis of the BBM apk for android. Notice that it includes hardcoded apk.mixpanel.com NVISO ApkScan - malware analysis report (BBM.apk)

2. For bbjdog and mr freeze, here is a complete list of all apps I have installed. I am skipping anything preinstalled such as calculator and clock:
    Adobe reader, BBM
    BlackBerry Beta Zone
    BB Virtual Experet
    Call Recorder
    CB10
    Documents to Go
    Fancy Characters
    Gonq's IPv4 Calculator
    IHeartRadio
    MediaX
    Meme Maker
    My Verizon Mobile
    myExplorer
    PaperPusher Scanner
    Reddit In Motion
    Remote Desktop for Blackberry
    Scanner Radio (free)
    Snap 10 Pro
    Sound Hound
    Traffic Monitor with Speedtest

Here is everything listed under application permissions:
    Traffic Monitor - location, phone, Devide ID
    CB10 - Shared files, connect to bbm, BBM invites, profile updates
    Snap 10- Run in background, Contacts, shared files, connect to BBM, bbm invites, profile updates, device ID, microphone, camera, capture screen
    Sound Hound - Device ID, Microphone
    Maps - location, phone
    Call Recorder - Run in background, phone, shared files, read_phonecall_details_personal.label, microphone
    Reddit in Motion - profile updates, connect to bbm, bbm contact invites, shared files

3. xsacha - If you have a better idea i'm all ears!

It seems that mixpanel is like google analytics... Annoying and something i'd rather block
    https://mixpanel.com/about/
    This is probably where BB gets their stats about how many users are active
    12-08-14 06:54 PM
    I would try disabling some of the BBM linked apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 07:06 PM
    I would try disabling some of the BBM linked apps.

Posted via CB10
    Disabling all my linked apps now... Will then re-enble dns blocking of api.mixpanel.com and reboot the phone. Report back shortly. If i'm right there will be no chnage
    12-08-14 07:10 PM
    Just when I though "wow, this worked" our old friend mixpanel is back with it's millions of DNS requests.
    Disabling all linking of any apps to BBM, and disabling anything running in the background had no effect after about 40 minutes the issue came back as expected

Major Battery Killing Bug in BBM - Confirmed proof-mixpanelsuckscapture.jpg
    12-08-14 07:52 PM
    https://mixpanel.com/help/
    https://mixpanel.com/help/questions/

Some more info there.

I hate when failed web rest calls are put in infinate loops like that. Drives me ape shiet. Try a few times and then fail. Done!

Posted via CB10
    compuboy04 and needforbbx like this.
    12-08-14 08:28 PM
    https://mixpanel.com/help/
    https://mixpanel.com/help/questions/

Some more info there.

I hate when failed web rest calls are put in infinate loops like that. Drives me ape shiet. Try a few times and then fail. Done!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info. There are so many ways this could cause problems... It seems from my basic testing that it goes ape **** if it doesn't get a valid DNS reply... Typically this happens within 60-120 minutes. I cant believe Blackberry would overlook something like this.
    12-08-14 09:10 PM
    I have read the entire history and same is happening. I notice a great heatup of my cell - uncomfortably hot (Q10) Biggest problem is bizarre problem of being at home, using wireless instead of Data plan, and my normal usage is only 200-250mb and in past 2-3 months its averaging 800mb of unaccountable - "non use" data charges. Any recommendations? I have contacted both BB and ISP and they have no clue what I am talking about. I have to enlist tracking but have to limit parameters to "catch" some proof to present. Thanks anyone
    12-08-14 10:56 PM
    Oh. Wow. BlackBerry needs to fix this asap. Incredible detective work in this thread!!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 11:18 PM
    I believe the api.mixpanel.com is infact put there by Blackberry. Check this out, it's an analysis of the BBM apk for android. Notice that it includes hardcoded apk.mixpanel.com NVISO ApkScan - malware analysis report (BBM.apk)
    Hoooo... You got it. So the issue is with BlackBerry BBM. I bet it's used in the Stickers Shop... or to track the use of the new features like timed message and stuff. Badly implemented though !
    12-09-14 02:53 AM
    I had this happen on my Z10, STL100-1. When i noticed phone is getting hot and very high CPU usage, I just removed the battery and let the phone cool for a few minutes and restarted again. Haven't had the same problem since.
    12-09-14 06:05 AM
    I have read the entire history and same is happening. I notice a great heatup of my cell - uncomfortably hot (Q10) Biggest problem is bizarre problem of being at home, using wireless instead of Data plan, and my normal usage is only 200-250mb and in past 2-3 months its averaging 800mb of unaccountable - "non use" data charges. Any recommendations? I have contacted both BB and ISP and they have no clue what I am talking about. I have to enlist tracking but have to limit parameters to "catch" some proof to present. Thanks anyone
    Had high data usage happen to me as well. I'm my case it was my phone dropping wifi connection so many times during the day I couldn't count.

However I wasn't aware it was dropping until I implemented a notification using the app Hub++ to alert when no wifi was available. For the next month or so that alert sounded off all day long.

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    12-09-14 06:42 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11146260

Here's another thread discussing the same topic. Looks like they disabled all background running apps and turned everything off in BBM. Not sure what he means by "turned everything off in BBM", but you could try shutting off many of the features like timed messages, show what others are listening to, etc.

Report back. It would be nice to narrow the issue down to a specific feature or setting.
    moody likes this.
    12-09-14 07:56 AM
    I have never heard of a site or app, that changed their background systems because users complain an ad blocker doesn't play well with their service. So while I hope this gets resolved for you to a point where it doesn't cause a ridiculous loop like shown, I don't think it would be a very high priority. At least not as long as "just don't use an ad blocker" would be a very valid suggestion, from a company's point of view.

On an unrelated note: a while back, don't remember what thread, I said BB(M) obviously uses some form of analytics, because that is how all companies work on the internet. And I was told to provide "proof" or shut up. Well here you go.
    12-09-14 09:32 AM
    What are the Scanner Radio app permissions you have?

One more thing, uninstall all android apps and do a factory reset. But, backup you device first.
    12-09-14 11:37 AM
    I have never heard of a site or app, that changed their background systems because users complain an ad blocker doesn't play well with their service. So while I hope this gets resolved for you to a point where it doesn't cause a ridiculous loop like shown, I don't think it would be a very high priority. At least not as long as "just don't use an ad blocker" would be a very valid suggestion, from a company's point of view.

On an unrelated note: a while back, don't remember what thread, I said BB(M) obviously uses some form of analytics, because that is how all companies work on the internet. And I was told to provide "proof" or shut up. Well here you go.
    This is CLEARLY proof they care about analytics lol
    This is not BBM not playing nice with adblocking... this is BBM running down the phone battery essentially DDOSing the DNS server the wifi network is associated with.. They need to fix it
    12-09-14 11:47 AM
    What are the Scanner Radio app permissions you have?

One more thing, uninstall all android apps and do a factory reset. But, backup you device first.
    I think that's the only android-port style app I have and I could care less pretty much because never use it. Location, phone and device ID
    12-09-14 11:49 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11146260

Here's another thread discussing the same topic. Looks like they disabled all background running apps and turned everything off in BBM. Not sure what he means by "turned everything off in BBM", but you could try shutting off many of the features like timed messages, show what others are listening to, etc.

Report back. It would be nice to narrow the issue down to a specific feature or setting.
    Interesting... I don't think theres much left I could turn off besides timed messages and retraction
    12-09-14 11:50 AM
141 1234 ...