I haven't 'updated' to the downgraded Web only Facebook app on BlackBerry World, and I still have native Facebook hub integration and hub notifications, which is highly useful for Facebook chat/messenger.

My question I hope crackberry can answer is: Will I lose this native Facebook access if I perform a security wipe on my Classic?

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    09-22-16 09:41 AM
    Run a full back up first. Then you can wipe. Then from your backup you can reinstall the Facebook app. You don travel to reinstall the complete backup. Just the Facebook app. Then just never update the Facebook app.

Posted via CB10 With my Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-22-16 01:57 PM
    There's so many Facebook app bar file floating around in the forums. If you lose your "outdated" Facebook app. Just sideload the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 02:00 PM
    I haven't 'updated' to the downgraded Web only Facebook app on BlackBerry World, and I still have native Facebook hub integration and hub notifications, which is highly useful for Facebook chat/messenger.

My question I hope crackberry can answer is: Will I lose this native Facebook access if I perform a security wipe on my Classic?

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    I can answer that:

I did a security wipe two weeks ago on my Blackberry Classic, and I'm happy to say that my original Facebook app returned intact.
    So yeah: if you do a security wipe on your classic, you won't lose the old Facebook.

Make sure you do a backup AND make sure you manually uninstall and delete as much as possible before doing the security wipe, otherwise you'll be sitting there without a phone for a couple of days!
    09-22-16 09:09 PM