This conversation is on going on several places online, but I guessing this is where it'll get the most exposure.

Is there anyone using a BB10 device on the Freedom network that has been able to get either Home or Away LTE?

If so, how??

I have the newest SIM, an LTE plan, correct APN (internet.freedommobile.ca) but have no luck. I can get Home and Away LTE using this SIM on a ZTE device.

I'm using a Passport but we also have a Z30 and Q10 that I've tried with no luck. LTE doesn't show up as a choice in the mobile networks screen, it quickly disappears seconds after the phone connects to the network.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 04:18 PM
    I am using passport on freedom mobile as well but none of the phones you listed won't work coz freedom lte works on different spectrum AWS-3 band 66 and these phones are not compatible

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 08:35 PM
    Away LTE should work. Where I'm sitting now, I can access Away LTE (any band except 66) on a ZTE phone, but not a BlackBerry.

They also have Band 4 spreading out.

Freedom's canned response is Band 66, blah, blah, blah.

Freedom users should at least be getting LTE in the Away zone for now

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 09:22 PM
    I played around with the settings etc too. I believe the only way it will work is if Freedom launches a new sim card with proper Freedom Mobile settings in it. Currently their so called Freedom sim cards are all loaded with Windmobile apn's (info) etc.
    11-15-17 12:10 AM
    Freedom Mobile rep at Eaton Centre in Toronto says, an hour ago, that my Passport will not use LTE because of the device's bandwidth requirements. Currently LTE only available for the Passport in Ottawa, Peterborough and Kingston. Same applies to my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
    11-15-17 09:32 PM
    I'm in Ottawa and don't have an LTE option on my Wind locked Z10 (I have one of the new LTE plans). I tried my Freedom sim in a coworker's unlocked Z10 (formerly on Rogers) and it connected to LTE right away. I'm assuming Wind removed LTE in the radio file and since the phone is still locked, it won't update using an Autoloader. Will wait until December to see if my phone is eligible to be unlocked for free under the new CRTC rules.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-17 09:42 AM
    Should this even work? I was led to believe many devices (not just BlackBerry) do not support the correct spectrum.
    Only spot would be Eastern Ontario which uses the AWS-1 band instead and many phones should work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-17 06:25 PM
    I have a factory unlocked Passport, no luck.
    Factory unlocked Z30, no luck.
    Freedom unlocked Q10, no luck.

Playing around in the engineering screens, no luck.

When I chose options with LTE, it switches right back instantly to WCDMA/GSM.

Maybe I'll try the Rogers unlocked Z10 I have at home and see what happens.

A couple of times recently when I woke up my phone it said 3G (on the Home network) and I got excited, but within 2 seconds it switched to 4G, so I know it's still not working.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 09:43 AM
    Should this even work? I was led to believe many devices (not just BlackBerry) do not support the correct spectrum.
    Only spot would be Eastern Ontario which uses the AWS-1 band instead and many phones should work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Even if it doesn't work in the Home area, it should pick up LTE in Away areas.

The issue is that LTE isn't even showing up as an option to search for. If I can't search for it, it doesn't matter if it's active or not, it won't work when it is activated near me in a matter of days to weeks at most (mid-November on Freedom's website)

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 09:45 AM