Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry 10 OS

For the love of god is there any way to put BB10 on a Samsung Galaxy S7?

Asked: Mar 05 2017 | 3:18 pm EST 5668 Views 101 Answers View Best Answer

I got this droid phone. Beautiful hardware. Android.... all I can say is it's awful.

Everything is syncing to Google, which I dont want because I have an ex trying to hack my account on a regular basis. It lost all my appointments (grr) and uploaded them all to Google (grr). I spent at least 50 hours trying to tweak and muck with this POS to increase battery life. 12Gb of useless bloatware installed, nuking 12gb of my 32gb storage on the phone so I bought a 32Gb phone and got 20gb. The carrier (Fido) can't fix my appointments problem.

And I've only had this POS Android for 2 weeks.

I can't be wandering around downtown going from meeting to meeting to suddenly realize my appointments have all disappeared and be lost. I put it on my phone so it stays on my phone. I could care less about Google, they can eat it. If I destroy my phone and lose my data, my bad. Even the Google Device Manager never worked, I tested it in case I lost my phone or needed to wipe it, it never worked, thank god Samsung's locator system was operational.

I'd return the phone to the carrier but because I used "30 minutes of talk time" Samsung will not consider it as new and accept it as a return even within 15 days.

Now I'm stuck paying an extra $30 a month (from BYOP $65 to this 2 year term $95 a month, with 2Gb less data) for two years.

I dont blame the hardware. I blame the Android. I want Android off this POS and BB10 sideloaded onto it.

I know I'm shooting in the dark here and this is probably impossible. I'm willing to brick this POS trying.

Best Answer

More Answers

Mar 05 2017 | 4:04 pm EST howarmat

there will be no more bb10 hardware...ever.

Mar 05 2017 | 4:31 pm EST computerology

Fawk

I knew I would probably get a negative.

Honestly if I didn't pay a grand for this thing I would enjoy smashing it with a hammer or throwing it into traffic and watching it die.

The hardware, as I said, is beautiful. Android on the other hand, is written in Crayola crayon. Gingerbread, Lollipops, Marshmallows, FoYos (wtf is that anyway)... Whoever came up with this at Google is cooked out of their brains on LSD.

I dont like spending all my time clicking, swiping and fixing this phone. BB10 just always worked.

I bought a phone, not a hobby.

Mar 05 2017 | 4:37 pm EST computerology

An addendum:

I now understand why I see so many Android phones with cracked screens.

I have never thrown a phone in my life. I have thrown this thing outside and tossed it into a bucket of water. It won't die. Good on Samsung. I must have thrown this thing in frustration at least 10 times by now. This is the first time I've ever thrown a phone.

Mar 06 2017 | 2:30 am EST RAZiHaD

Try using custom roms

...!!!...Z30...!!!...

Mar 06 2017 | 3:11 am EST Q10Bold

Hehe thanks to the Google

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen

Mar 06 2017 | 5:19 am EST Huussi

Just install the newest version of cyanogenmod or whatever the new spin-off of that is called, I once owned a galaxy s5 and no way could I have used samsungs bloated touchwiz version of android.

Mar 06 2017 | 6:11 am EST crackbb10

For the love of God, let this thread and all others like it be closed!

Posted via CB10

Mar 06 2017 | 8:00 am EST anon(55900)

Install Blackberry HUB and associated BB calender, contacts, etc and see if they can keep things better, also you need to stop sync on your Google contacts, etc that you want to keep off Google.

Posted via CB10

Mar 06 2017 | 8:23 pm EST oystersourced

Put a strong password on your Google account, add two-step verification and ensure your ex has no access to your secondary email or knows your security question answer.

They can try as much as they like, they won't get anywhere.. even if they phished your details they'd need your phone to get the verification code.

Posted via CB10

Mar 06 2017 | 9:56 pm EST thurask

Put a strong password on your Google account, add two-step verification and ensure your ex has no access to your secondary email or knows your security question answer.

They can try as much as they like, they won't get anywhere.. even if they phished your details they'd need your phone to get the verification code.

Posted via CB10
For extra paranoia use a U2F key.

Mar 06 2017 | 10:23 pm EST oystersourced

For extra paranoia use a U2F key.
Extra paranoia perhaps but no more secure in this instance, potentially less secure if your details have been compromised and you are capable of physically securing your phone better than your key (which may be true amongst the CrackBerry community).

Posted via CB10

Mar 06 2017 | 10:24 pm EST Wilsonia Goldens

They are now putting windows 10 on apple hardware! I know how you feel I bought an RCA android tablet it is now for sale on KIJIJI!

Mar 06 2017 | 10:36 pm EST thurask

Extra paranoia perhaps but no more secure in this instance, potentially less secure if your details have been compromised and you are capable of physically securing your phone better than your key (which may be true amongst the CrackBerry community).

Posted via CB10
Not if you keep it in a safety deposit box in Bolivia .

Mar 06 2017 | 11:08 pm EST oystersourced

Not if you keep it in a safety deposit box in Bolivia .
Now they do knock up a good box in Bolivia..

Posted via CB10

Mar 07 2017 | 5:41 am EST AluminiumRims

Technically, yes it is very possible and the only obstacle is Blackberry to allow Samsung to license BB10 which Blackberry will not. Samsung makes their own Exynos SoC which means they have all the technical knowledge about it so porting QNX will not be a problem. Samsung has also an army of engineers that can do this so in practice it is possible to do a BB10/Samsung phone.

I have already suggested this and I honestly think that Samsung are interested in making such phone. Samsung has made ports of various operating systems before. Samsung has hinted they want to rely less on Google and Tizen doesn't seem to get any traction other than in embedded systems like TVs and setup boxes. BB10 could be perfect for Samsung.

Mar 07 2017 | 7:17 am EST conite

the only obstacle is Blackberry to allow Samsung to license BB10 which Blackberry will not.
BlackBerry has made it known that they would be happy to licence BB10. There have been no takers.

Mar 07 2017 | 10:21 am EST Invictus0

Samsung has hinted they want to rely less on Google and Tizen doesn't seem to get any traction other than in embedded systems like TVs and setup boxes. BB10 could be perfect for Samsung.
Tizen phones overtook BB10 a while ago, I wouldn't be surprised if its taken third place marketshare since then.

https://www.sammobile.com/2015/11/05...uring-q3-2015/

Mar 07 2017 | 10:39 am EST AluminiumRims

Tizen phones overtook BB10 a while ago, I wouldn't be surprised if its taken third place marketshare since then.

https://www.sammobile.com/2015/11/05...uring-q3-2015/
Even that. Actually Tizen phones are even more hard to come by than BB10 phones where I live. Don't you think that is strange?

Mar 07 2017 | 11:14 am EST Elephant_Canyon

Even that. Actually Tizen phones are even more hard to come by than BB10 phones where I live. Don't you think that is strange?
Nope. Your part of the world is not the entire world.

Mar 07 2017 | 11:23 am EST Invictus0

Not really, I think Tizen phones are only available in India right now. I'm sure BB10 is/was sold in more countries than Tizen but the link above still shows Tizen marketshare surpassed BB10 in 2015. That doesn't give Samsung much incentive to adopt BB10 IMO.

Mar 07 2017 | 1:25 pm EST Dunt Dunt Dunt

Do you live in India or Russia?

Only places Samsung felt Tizen had a chance were in underdeveloped markets...

I think Tizen pretty much killed Sailfish in India. But as these markets mature, I expect that most those people will move on to a phone with a more useful OS in it. Tizen isn't growing, or at least Samsung isn't saying much about it these day. There is a new Tizen 3.0 phone coming... if anyone cares.

Mar 09 2017 | 10:52 pm EST YesAndNo

The BB10 Os is simply awesome.

Posted via CB10

Jun 24 2019 | 6:12 pm EDT krazyatom

Any chance that BB10 will shine again with modern processor?

Jun 24 2019 | 6:14 pm EDT howarmat

nope

Jun 24 2019 | 6:16 pm EDT app_Developer

Who is going to port it to a modern processor and why?

Jun 24 2019 | 6:24 pm EDT krazyatom

I guess we are done with bb10? I hope crackberry won’t remove bb10 forums.

Jun 24 2019 | 6:51 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

Has something drastically or recently changed with BB10 that we haven't known already for the last 5-6 years?

Jun 24 2019 | 7:15 pm EDT app_Developer

I doubt we will ever see a new device with BB10 (or any major updates to BB10) but as long as there are still people on CB using it, I would think the forums will still be there.

Jun 24 2019 | 8:36 pm EDT Chuck Finley69

bb10 was the best ever
It couldn't do anything that BBOS did well any better regarding e-mail or phone. It couldn't deliver the Android/iOS type ecosystem that everyone had waited for or expected as competitive OS and device at time or thereafter.

BBAndroid was the expectation that people expected from BlackBerry at time. Regardless of what BB10 developed into, there was always too many compromises for too many prospective customers.

I enjoyed the OS for some things over time but the best, no.....

Jun 24 2019 | 8:45 pm EDT i_plod_an_dr_void

BB10 , I finally figured out what it means........Better,Best, 10(out of 10). BB10

Jun 25 2019 | 6:44 pm EDT TrumpetTiger

Jury's still out, but considering CB is on record saying people shouldn't use BB10....

However, with that said, don't worry too much krazy; despite many predictions of doom there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that BB10 won't keep chugging along for quite some time after the end of the year (albeit without Blackberry World).

Jun 25 2019 | 8:48 pm EDT the_boon

there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that BB10 won't keep chugging along for quite some time after the end of the year
I wonder how those aging processors and battery will chug along in 2020 and beyond.

Jun 25 2019 | 8:50 pm EDT TrumpetTiger

I wonder how those aging processors and battery will chug along in 2020 and beyond.
Probably better than the Priv and Key series, given all the complaints people have about speed and battery life. But I suppose we'll find out.

Jun 25 2019 | 8:58 pm EDT the_boon

Probably better than the Priv and Key series, given all the complaints people have about speed and battery life. But I suppose we'll find out.
The Priv's annoyingly inefficient 808 processor is indeed inferior to the Passport's 801.
However with the right tweaking and usage habits (which I detailed in its forum), it can achieve 4.5 - 5.5 hours of SOT and last a moderate use day.

The KEY series have battery life that would put any BB10 device to shame (especially if they run Android apk's).

Yes there are a few threads here and there about unusual drain but those are generally misbehaving apps.

Jun 26 2019 | 4:48 pm EDT TrumpetTiger

The Priv's annoyingly inefficient 808 processor is indeed inferior to the Passport's 801.
However with the right tweaking and usage habits (which I detailed in its forum), it can achieve 4.5 - 5.5 hours of SOT and last a moderate use day.

The KEY series have battery life that would put any BB10 device to shame (especially if they run Android apk's).

Yes there are a few threads here and there about unusual drain but those are generally misbehaving apps.
For the KEY series having such awesome battery life, there sure seem to be more than "a few" threads.

This doesn't even count the slowness problems or frustrations people have with the Android Hub, etc.

Pretty sure the BB10 devices will actually outlive the GooBerrys given the rate at which people are dropping the latter and that the former is down to those who will keep using them as long as possible.