The BB10 Os is simply awesome.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    03-09-17 10:52 PM
    Any chance that BB10 will shine again with modern processor?
    06-24-19 06:12 PM
    nope
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-24-19 06:14 PM
    Who is going to port it to a modern processor and why?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-24-19 06:16 PM
    I guess we are done with bb10? I hope crackberry won’t remove bb10 forums.
    06-24-19 06:24 PM
    Has something drastically or recently changed with BB10 that we haven't known already for the last 5-6 years?
    06-24-19 06:51 PM
    I doubt we will ever see a new device with BB10 (or any major updates to BB10) but as long as there are still people on CB using it, I would think the forums will still be there.
    06-24-19 07:15 PM
    bb10 was the best ever
    06-24-19 07:59 PM
    bb10 was the best ever
    It couldn't do anything that BBOS did well any better regarding e-mail or phone. It couldn't deliver the Android/iOS type ecosystem that everyone had waited for or expected as competitive OS and device at time or thereafter.

BBAndroid was the expectation that people expected from BlackBerry at time. Regardless of what BB10 developed into, there was always too many compromises for too many prospective customers.

I enjoyed the OS for some things over time but the best, no.....
    06-24-19 08:36 PM
    BB10 , I finally figured out what it means........Better,Best, 10(out of 10). BB10
    06-24-19 08:45 PM
    Jury's still out, but considering CB is on record saying people shouldn't use BB10....

However, with that said, don't worry too much krazy; despite many predictions of doom there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that BB10 won't keep chugging along for quite some time after the end of the year (albeit without Blackberry World).
    06-25-19 06:44 PM
    there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that BB10 won't keep chugging along for quite some time after the end of the year
    I wonder how those aging processors and battery will chug along in 2020 and beyond.
    06-25-19 08:48 PM
    I wonder how those aging processors and battery will chug along in 2020 and beyond.
    Probably better than the Priv and Key series, given all the complaints people have about speed and battery life. But I suppose we'll find out.
    06-25-19 08:50 PM
    Probably better than the Priv and Key series, given all the complaints people have about speed and battery life. But I suppose we'll find out.
    The Priv's annoyingly inefficient 808 processor is indeed inferior to the Passport's 801.
    However with the right tweaking and usage habits (which I detailed in its forum), it can achieve 4.5 - 5.5 hours of SOT and last a moderate use day.

The KEY series have battery life that would put any BB10 device to shame (especially if they run Android apk's).

Yes there are a few threads here and there about unusual drain but those are generally misbehaving apps.
    06-25-19 08:58 PM
    The Priv's annoyingly inefficient 808 processor is indeed inferior to the Passport's 801.
    However with the right tweaking and usage habits (which I detailed in its forum), it can achieve 4.5 - 5.5 hours of SOT and last a moderate use day.

The KEY series have battery life that would put any BB10 device to shame (especially if they run Android apk's).

Yes there are a few threads here and there about unusual drain but those are generally misbehaving apps.
    For the KEY series having such awesome battery life, there sure seem to be more than "a few" threads.

This doesn't even count the slowness problems or frustrations people have with the Android Hub, etc.

Pretty sure the BB10 devices will actually outlive the GooBerrys given the rate at which people are dropping the latter and that the former is down to those who will keep using them as long as possible.
    06-26-19 04:48 PM
    It couldn't do anything that BBOS did well any better regarding e-mail or phone. It couldn't deliver the Android/iOS type ecosystem that everyone had waited for or expected as competitive OS and device at time or thereafter.

BBAndroid was the expectation that people expected from BlackBerry at time. Regardless of what BB10 developed into, there was always too many compromises for too many prospective customers.

I enjoyed the OS for some things over time but the best, no.....
    I respectfully disagree. I have found BB10 to be dramatically faster and more functional than BBOS for the same functions, with an infinitely better browser, maps, weather, etc.

I understand all of the reasons it didn't please you, and why it failed in the marketplace, and certainly the browser and other apps that rely on data from other updated systems are failing after more than 6 years, but it will likely always be my favorite mobile OS.

For those few of us who whose requirements matched those it was designed for, it's been an awesome workhorse.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-26-19 07:44 PM
    For those few of us who whose requirements matched those it was designed for, it's been an awesome workhorse.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I'd say part of being a "workhorse" is endurance, and BB10 devices aren't exactly champs when it comes to battery life.
    06-26-19 08:46 PM
    I'd say part of being a "workhorse" is endurance, and BB10 devices aren't exactly champs when it comes to battery life.
    Good to know. That way we can also eliminate all GooBerrys as workhorses, given their spectacularly awful battery life.
    06-26-19 09:07 PM
    Good to know. That way we can also eliminate all GooBerrys as workhorses, given their spectacularly awful battery life.
    Curious, have you used a Key1/2 for at least a week or two? If not I wouldn't call it fair for you to claim such...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-19 09:15 PM
    Curious, have you used a Key1/2 for at least a week or two? If not I wouldn't call it fair for you to claim such...

Posted via CB10
    I have not, but I'm basing my claim on the number of people complaining about the battery life of those phones in the GooBerry forums.

However, given that I doubt the_boon has used a Blackberry 10 device for at least a week or two in the past 6 months, I would argue that any lack of fairness could be attributed to their claims as well if that's our judging criteria.
    06-26-19 09:21 PM
    Think you have that backwards. The battery life IS spectacular for BBMo devices. You're confusing them with the BlackBerry Limited Android devices that preceded them.

We haven't had anything like it since the non-touch Curve days.

Techradar puts the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and KEY² at 25-35 hours in their daily tests. The Motion was also tested at slightly better than that.
    06-26-19 09:38 PM
    I have not, but I'm basing my claim on the number of people complaining about the battery life of those phones in the GooBerry forums.

Way back when everyone was still using BB10 on here, (I wasn't here then obviously) I assume there were also plenty of threads about poor battery life...correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-19 09:40 PM
    Think you have that backwards. The battery life IS spectacular for BBMo devices. You're confusing them with the BlackBerry Limited Android devices that preceded them.

We haven't had anything like it since the non-touch Curve days.
    On the contrary, the battery life seems to be quite horrible for the Blackberry Mobile devices as well. I'm not surprised that you disagree with that sentiment, but many day-to-day users have that experience judging by threads.
    06-26-19 09:44 PM
    On the contrary, the battery life seems to be quite horrible for the Blackberry Mobile devices as well. I'm not surprised that you disagree with that sentiment, but many day-to-day users have that experience judging by threads.
    Lol. No. Read almost every single review ever given for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, KEY², or Motion.

Just like BB10 there will be some people who have some service grinding away at the battery, until the problem is resolved.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-26-19 09:45 PM
    Way back when everyone was still using BB10 on here, (I wasn't here then obviously) I assume there were also plenty of threads about poor battery life...correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    There are certainly cases where folks have had battery issues, but on balance I have seen evidence of more "this is a problem" battery life threads for GooBerrys than for BB10 devices. Usually the latter was a case of a charging problem rather than actual battery life.
    06-26-19 09:45 PM
102 1234 ...