I got this droid phone. Beautiful hardware. Android.... all I can say is it's awful.

Everything is syncing to Google, which I dont want because I have an ex trying to hack my account on a regular basis. It lost all my appointments (grr) and uploaded them all to Google (grr). I spent at least 50 hours trying to tweak and muck with this POS to increase battery life. 12Gb of useless bloatware installed, nuking 12gb of my 32gb storage on the phone so I bought a 32Gb phone and got 20gb. The carrier (Fido) can't fix my appointments problem.

And I've only had this POS Android for 2 weeks.

I can't be wandering around downtown going from meeting to meeting to suddenly realize my appointments have all disappeared and be lost. I put it on my phone so it stays on my phone. I could care less about Google, they can eat it. If I destroy my phone and lose my data, my bad. Even the Google Device Manager never worked, I tested it in case I lost my phone or needed to wipe it, it never worked, thank god Samsung's locator system was operational.

I'd return the phone to the carrier but because I used "30 minutes of talk time" Samsung will not consider it as new and accept it as a return even within 15 days.

Now I'm stuck paying an extra $30 a month (from BYOP $65 to this 2 year term $95 a month, with 2Gb less data) for two years.

I dont blame the hardware. I blame the Android. I want Android off this POS and BB10 sideloaded onto it.

I know I'm shooting in the dark here and this is probably impossible. I'm willing to brick this POS trying.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-05-17 03:18 PM
    No, and there never will be.
    No, and there never will be.
    xandros9 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    03-05-17 03:24 PM
    there will be no more bb10 hardware...ever.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-05-17 04:04 PM
    Negatory good buddy!
    03-05-17 04:24 PM
    Fawk

I knew I would probably get a negative.

Honestly if I didn't pay a grand for this thing I would enjoy smashing it with a hammer or throwing it into traffic and watching it die.

The hardware, as I said, is beautiful. Android on the other hand, is written in Crayola crayon. Gingerbread, Lollipops, Marshmallows, FoYos (wtf is that anyway)... Whoever came up with this at Google is cooked out of their brains on LSD.

I dont like spending all my time clicking, swiping and fixing this phone. BB10 just always worked.

I bought a phone, not a hobby.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-05-17 04:31 PM
    An addendum:

I now understand why I see so many Android phones with cracked screens.

I have never thrown a phone in my life. I have thrown this thing outside and tossed it into a bucket of water. It won't die. Good on Samsung. I must have thrown this thing in frustration at least 10 times by now. This is the first time I've ever thrown a phone.
    03-05-17 04:37 PM
    Try using custom roms

...!!!...Z30...!!!...
    03-06-17 02:30 AM
    Hehe thanks to the Google

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-06-17 03:11 AM
    Just install the newest version of cyanogenmod or whatever the new spin-off of that is called, I once owned a galaxy s5 and no way could I have used samsungs bloated touchwiz version of android.
    03-06-17 05:19 AM
    For the love of God, let this thread and all others like it be closed!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:11 AM
    Install Blackberry HUB and associated BB calender, contacts, etc and see if they can keep things better, also you need to stop sync on your Google contacts, etc that you want to keep off Google.

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    03-06-17 08:00 AM
    Put a strong password on your Google account, add two-step verification and ensure your ex has no access to your secondary email or knows your security question answer.

They can try as much as they like, they won't get anywhere.. even if they phished your details they'd need your phone to get the verification code.

Posted via CB10
    glwerry and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-06-17 08:23 PM
    Put a strong password on your Google account, add two-step verification and ensure your ex has no access to your secondary email or knows your security question answer.

They can try as much as they like, they won't get anywhere.. even if they phished your details they'd need your phone to get the verification code.

Posted via CB10
    For extra paranoia use a U2F key.
    03-06-17 09:56 PM
    PICNIC
    glwerry likes this.
    03-06-17 10:18 PM
    For extra paranoia use a U2F key.
    Extra paranoia perhaps but no more secure in this instance, potentially less secure if your details have been compromised and you are capable of physically securing your phone better than your key (which may be true amongst the CrackBerry community).

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 10:23 PM
    They are now putting windows 10 on apple hardware! I know how you feel I bought an RCA android tablet it is now for sale on KIJIJI!
    03-06-17 10:24 PM
    Extra paranoia perhaps but no more secure in this instance, potentially less secure if your details have been compromised and you are capable of physically securing your phone better than your key (which may be true amongst the CrackBerry community).

Posted via CB10
    Not if you keep it in a safety deposit box in Bolivia .
    03-06-17 10:36 PM
    Not if you keep it in a safety deposit box in Bolivia .
    Now they do knock up a good box in Bolivia..

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 11:08 PM
    Technically, yes it is very possible and the only obstacle is Blackberry to allow Samsung to license BB10 which Blackberry will not. Samsung makes their own Exynos SoC which means they have all the technical knowledge about it so porting QNX will not be a problem. Samsung has also an army of engineers that can do this so in practice it is possible to do a BB10/Samsung phone.

I have already suggested this and I honestly think that Samsung are interested in making such phone. Samsung has made ports of various operating systems before. Samsung has hinted they want to rely less on Google and Tizen doesn't seem to get any traction other than in embedded systems like TVs and setup boxes. BB10 could be perfect for Samsung.
    03-07-17 05:41 AM
    the only obstacle is Blackberry to allow Samsung to license BB10 which Blackberry will not.
    BlackBerry has made it known that they would be happy to licence BB10. There have been no takers.
    glwerry likes this.
    03-07-17 07:17 AM
    Samsung has hinted they want to rely less on Google and Tizen doesn't seem to get any traction other than in embedded systems like TVs and setup boxes. BB10 could be perfect for Samsung.
    Tizen phones overtook BB10 a while ago, I wouldn't be surprised if its taken third place marketshare since then.

https://www.sammobile.com/2015/11/05...uring-q3-2015/
    03-07-17 10:21 AM
    Tizen phones overtook BB10 a while ago, I wouldn't be surprised if its taken third place marketshare since then.

https://www.sammobile.com/2015/11/05...uring-q3-2015/
    Even that. Actually Tizen phones are even more hard to come by than BB10 phones where I live. Don't you think that is strange?
    03-07-17 10:39 AM
    Even that. Actually Tizen phones are even more hard to come by than BB10 phones where I live. Don't you think that is strange?
    Nope. Your part of the world is not the entire world.
    03-07-17 11:14 AM
    Not really, I think Tizen phones are only available in India right now. I'm sure BB10 is/was sold in more countries than Tizen but the link above still shows Tizen marketshare surpassed BB10 in 2015. That doesn't give Samsung much incentive to adopt BB10 IMO.
    03-07-17 11:23 AM
    Do you live in India or Russia?

Only places Samsung felt Tizen had a chance were in underdeveloped markets...

I think Tizen pretty much killed Sailfish in India. But as these markets mature, I expect that most those people will move on to a phone with a more useful OS in it. Tizen isn't growing, or at least Samsung isn't saying much about it these day. There is a new Tizen 3.0 phone coming... if anyone cares.
    03-07-17 01:25 PM
102 123 ...