08-05-15 02:17 AM
190 ... 45678
tools
    Tone deaf suggests that I hear out of key. How is that relevant?

You are right however. I do take issues with people and their sense of entitlement and self importance.

BlackBerry isn't apple or Google. Clearly those are better companies. Some people like BlackBerry, warts and all, over those companies and don't have issues with minimal quirks as the general experience is vastly more efficient than the other guys offering despite its apparent louder dial pad options.

Clearly the op has weighed the priorities that were important to them and decided to go BlackBerry. By this decision comes some potential risk of missing out features of another brand. If this becomes too much then the sound of the dial pad becomes a higher priority and that user should then choose another quieter device.

You may like what a Toyota offers but a Honda has a feature you like or prefer. Ultimately a decision has to be made and you have to live with it afterwards. You can't demand Toyota change that feature to suit you!

If it were me I would simply stop being a slave to my prepaid service in favor of a monthly if the top ups were 4 times a week.

Either way nothing is going to change by ******** about it in a crack berry forum. I also explained why I had an issue with it but why do you feel the need to defend the op. You are doing the very same you are accusing me of. We're both guilty of going around in circles and ultimately wasting our collective time.

Alright that's enough of this thread for me.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately carriers here are not to be trusted. Miscellaneous charges, ridiculous roaming charges even when your data is off is not unheard of. My father currently sits on a $600 dollar bill when he didn't even use his phone when he travelled.

There are simply no consumer rights here and being an expat here adds to this misery. So no, I will not switch to postpaid and risk letting the carrier charge me 100s of dollars. I will stick to my prepaid where I know they can only draw so much money. There's a reason about 80% of the population here use prepaid lines.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 01:24 PM
    Can you please specify where it is cause I run 10.3.2 and cannot find this option
    Posted via Z30
    He is kidding he is posting a link with a musik video ... WTF?? ban him Admins
    I thought its a ilustrating video but i lost my time!

BTW : I would like to thank BB for not letting me change the tone to silent .
    Thank for the creator of the post But really is this necessary to do ??? they dont think when they update?

update 10.3.2 right?? In 10.3.1 I was having a hope that I finally would can change my screen bright ness automaticly as other mobiles android ones have . BUT NO....
    07-09-15 01:33 PM
    He is kidding he is posting a link with a musik video ... WTF?? ban him Admins
    I thought its a ilustrating video but i lost my time!

BTW : I would like to thank BB for not letting me change the tone to silent .
    Thank for the creator of the post But really is this necessary to do ??? they dont think when they update?

update 10.3.2 right?? In 10.3.1 I was having a hope that I finally would can change my screen bright ness automaticly as other mobiles android ones have . BUT NO....
    WTF are you talking about? Did you click on someones signature, thinking it was part of the post? It would help if you quoted the person with the URL. There is no link in the post you quoted. I was hoping you were Rick rolled, but I can't find what you clicked on.

Brightness is adjustable. Not sure what you mean. Its also not good to hijack a topic or go off topic. Start your own so it can be discussed on its own merits.
    07-09-15 02:37 PM
    WTF are you talking about? Did you click on someones signature, thinking it was part of the post? It would help if you quoted the person with the URL. There is no link in the post you quoted. I was hoping you were Rick rolled, but I can't find what you clicked on.

Brightness is adjustable. Not sure what you mean. Its also not good to hijack a topic or go off topic. Start your own so it can be discussed on its own merits.
    ok then go to the first page and see 3rd (post omg sorry it is a signature) and next time be more polite !, i dont wanna make a mess in a place where is already messed with thousands of posts ...
    you're a admin why you care?? you cant do anything neither me to this guy who stated there is a way to do it to silent it! so relax!
    07-09-15 03:26 PM
    ok then go to the first page and see 3rd (post omg sorry it is a signature) and next time be more polite !, i dont wanna make a mess in a place where is already messed with thousands of posts ...
    you're a admin why you care?? you cant do anything neither me to this guy who stated there is a way to do it to silent it! so relax!
    It must be tough to be a caveman in a modern world hey? I applaud you for having a smartphone and trying to adapt and keep up to date with these modern inventions and forums dedicated to them.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 04:32 PM
    Unfortunately carriers here are not to be trusted. Miscellaneous charges, ridiculous roaming charges even when your data is off is not unheard of. My father currently sits on a $600 dollar bill when he didn't even use his phone when he travelled.

There are simply no consumer rights here and being an expat here adds to this misery. So no, I will not switch to postpaid and risk letting the carrier charge me 100s of dollars. I will stick to my prepaid where I know they can only draw so much money. There's a reason about 80% of the population here use prepaid lines.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this explanation. I was not aware those conditions exist, and was wondering the same thing - why in the world would you want to keep dealing with those prepaid plans. Now I understand.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 04:44 PM
    Not sure where you think I was being impolite, considering I responded to your post without a thanks from you. You just had to report the supposed post to the mods directly if you thought you had a real thing to report.

If it was the use of "WTF are you talking about?", I consider your usage of "WTF?" to allow my usage. I don't think I was rude or impolite, but I think your response was. Let's leave it at that.
    07-09-15 05:20 PM
    Why is this thread still alive? Loving the theory that feelings about dial pad tones are some sort of indicator of social consciousness.

Nest option still seems to be hold Q from the homescreen, go into silent, then toggle out of silent when you're done. Not perfect by any means, but a simple solution if the tones bug you. And if that solution is too much trouble then I guess the dial pad tone really is yet another of the endless trivial #FirstWorldProblems.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:56 PM
    You are right however. I do take issues with people and their sense of entitlement and self importance.
    Then your issue is pressing compared to OP's. You might need someone to look into it.

You may like what a Toyota offers but a Honda has a feature you like or prefer. Ultimately a decision has to be made and you have to live with it afterwards. You can't demand Toyota change that feature to suit you!
    I don't care what make the car is, for mine it must have an option for me to turn off the alarm should it gets set off. Others can insist they don't want that option because they like to listen to their car alarms, but who am I to deny them that.
    07-09-15 08:14 PM

I don't care what make the car is, for mine it must have an option for me to turn off the alarm should it gets set off. Others can insist they don't want that option because they like to listen to their car alarms, but who am I to deny them that.
    Poor counter analogy. Haha

More like I've chosen to park my car under the train track rather than across the street and the alarm keeps going off. Pressing 2 buttons on my remote is too much of a nuisance and I want Toyota to change something for me that I find annoying even though there are several ways to bypass this perceived annoyance let alone prevent the root cause to begin with and find a way to park in an environment that wouldn't cause the alarm to keep going off.

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:18 PM
    Only way to silence it permanently, is to turn off sound for whatever profile you use, then override profile volume under customize app notifications for that specific profile.
    God Bless you

From my Jamaican Passport.
    07-09-15 09:33 PM
    Poor counter analogy. Haha

More like I've chosen to park my car under the train track rather than across the street and the alarm keeps going off. Pressing 2 buttons on my remote is too much of a nuisance and I want Toyota to change something for me that I find annoying even though there are several ways to bypass this perceived annoyance let alone prevent the root cause to begin with and find a way to park in an environment that wouldn't cause the alarm to keep going off.
    You have too many issues with your car already, I can't tell you where to leave your car. Not forgetting that you are dealing with your perceptions and how others should use their phones.
    07-09-15 10:49 PM
    For the love of God - This is still a THING??

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-10-15 05:38 AM
    Totally agree with OP. BlackBerry should fix the this issue by adding an option to toggle the dialtone annoying sound!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 02:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    God is no longer following this thread - he got bored with reading all the crap.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2204/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-10-15 06:11 PM
    For The Love Of God

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Lostboy5151 and Carjackd like this.
    07-10-15 07:00 PM
    And who needs data roaming when you can have unlimited internet for 2 bucks a week.
    07-11-15 02:00 AM
    For The Love of God!!

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    BirdBruce likes this.
    07-13-15 08:01 PM
    Oh yes! Prepaid was just one example.
    07-14-15 02:51 AM
    I think we have enough people to start a new religious cult..
    We can call it.. The Dial Tone Cult and debate whether or not This god is listening and which carrier has the strongest signal and all sorts of other non essential issues.
    Let's do it for the love!!
    So.... Who's in???
    ppeters914 and Carjackd like this.
    07-14-15 01:03 PM
    Not sure where you think I was being impolite, considering I responded to your post without a thanks from you. You just had to report the supposed post to the mods directly if you thought you had a real thing to report.
    yes next time it will be a report because then a lot of people are asking ang a mess is happening because of one incorrect post. Thanks for telling me i am quite knew and did not know how to report . thanks
    07-15-15 08:10 AM
    I sorta wish they had an option where it played a loud dial tone before you started pressing the buttons. It's been years since I've had a land line and heard a dial tone. Or a busy signal for that matter.

They should bring those back.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    07-15-15 08:42 AM
    Dial tones must be OUT!

BUT!

A fckin' cursor must be IN to let the eventual prefixes, etc. added. Saw a phone number on a website? Long press to call or copy it - but there SHOULD BE a way to edit/modify it when it doesn't have the appropriate prefix. Mistyped a number and left out a character from the middle of the number? Just put the cursor to the desired position and wham, there is the missing number. Well, not on BB10...

Pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 11:39 PM
    Yes BlackBerry should add an option. My Passport has the keypad tones which can't be toggled off by their selves. My LG G2 has a setting under sounds that simply allows the dialer tones to be disabled.

I think an option is always better.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    terminatorx likes this.
    07-15-15 11:47 PM
    Dial tones must be OUT!

BUT!

A fckin' cursor must be IN to let the eventual prefixes, etc. added. Saw a phone number on a website? Long press to call or copy it - but there SHOULD BE a way to edit/modify it when it doesn't have the appropriate prefix. Mistyped a number and left out a character from the middle of the number? Just put the cursor to the desired position and wham, there is the missing number. Well, not on BB10...

Pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    This is possible

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    BirdBruce likes this.
    07-16-15 04:50 AM
190 ... 45678