cursor must be IN to let the eventual prefixes, etc. added. Saw a phone number on a website? Long press to call or copy it - but there SHOULD BE a way to edit/modify it when it doesn't have the appropriate prefix. Mistyped a number and left out a character from the middle of the number? Just put the cursor to the desired position and wham, there is the missing number. Well, not on BB10...
    I'm pretty sure this was fixed in the latest 10.3.2 release (10.3.2.2339) or at least it appears to be working for me!
    07-16-15 11:00 AM
    I won't be impressed with technology until I can download food!
    Pdinos3, madh263362 and sam81 like this.
    07-16-15 04:20 PM
    I like the dial pad tone.

It's no different than using a home phone (yes they still exist).

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-29-15 10:02 PM
    I silenced my BlackBerry the moment i realized that tone coldn't be muted. Its been 5-6 months now and its still on silent mode.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:38 PM
    Well... there is another option actually for k/b equipped phones... turn assistant on first, close it and then start typing: "call xxxxxxxxxx"

This way your phone will not make any sound while dialling

Posted via CB10
    Turn the assistant off, still works but uses no data.
    Also works on Z30... just need to launch the assistant then type the number to dial. Don't need to type 'dial' or 'call', just the digits to dial.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:27 PM
    Turn the assistant off, still works but uses no data.
    Also works on Z30... just need to launch the assistant then type the number to dial. Don't need to type 'dial' or 'call', just the digits to dial.

Posted via CB10
    Yup... that's the way I do it now. That dialpad tone is so annoying when you want to start calling on your phone and everyone's attention is towards you. I am the silent working type and don't like too many noises coming out of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 05:35 AM
    You're all a bunch of spoiled brats!
    Complaining about a dial tone. You can't be bothered to simply turn down the volume while dialing and then move your finger about a 16th of an inch to turn it back up?

We talking about a fairly infinitesimal hand held mobile device that, while it's convenient, is really insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
    If you want to make a difference get a job in that industry instead of sitting around complaining. Or you could just try enjoying what you have, imperfections and all!

I'd hate to see how you handle a real crisis in the real world.man!
    Attachment 364905

So I guess you didn't want to be a fire man when you were a kid, huh!!!
    FFS. Tell users they don't have a problem and then incorrectly inform them how to fix said problem. You could have confirmed this before stating it, yet you didn't. Please stop posting to this thread. It's not constructive, you're just trolling with a terrible, useless attitude. Sounds like you just like to talk, substance or not. Adding you to the ignore list.

If you were a contributing member of this thread, you wouldn't have missed the places where the volume CANNOT be turned down with volume.

The workarounds are:
    You either turn it off altogether using profiles (either briefly changing to silent or vibrate profile, or making a change to normal profile), or you dial the number from BB Assistant and make the call.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-31-15 07:19 PM
    Adding you to the ignore list.
    There's an ignore list?

The workarounds are:
    You either turn it off altogether using profiles (either briefly changing to silent or vibrate profile, or making a change to normal profile), or you dial the number from BB Assistant and make the call.
    Dial tone don't bother me, but guess I should check out the BB Assistant one of these days.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    07-31-15 08:23 PM
    There's an ignore list?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    You have to open up their profile and add it to your ignore list from there. You cannot do it from CB10 app, unfortunately.
    07-31-15 08:39 PM
    FFS. Tell users they don't have a problem and then incorrectly inform them how to fix said problem. You could have confirmed this before stating it, yet you didn't. Please stop posting to this thread. It's not constructive, you're just trolling with a terrible, useless attitude. Sounds like you just like to talk, substance or not. Adding you to the ignore list.

If you were a contributing member of this thread, you wouldn't have missed the places where the volume CANNOT be turned down with volume.

The workarounds are:

Just trying to lighten up the negativity.
    But I see you want to keep it in a negative flow.

I just needed a break from helping and solving issues for people that had important issues.
    If you take a look on the top of the page under Member shoutouts.... You'll notice my name in both columns!
    Carjackd and sam81 like this.
    07-31-15 10:43 PM

The workarounds are:
    And you consider your attitude By reply to the OP with "WTF" to be a contribution?

There are always a few who have issues and even when suggestions are made aren't accepted.
    IN this case... Blame it on whatever works for you.
    But don't blame yourself for your issues.

And the several thousand other members that used the same software and have the same blackberry's as you that have no issues and are enjoying there devices must be lying.
    The reason people tend to have issue is usually because they didn't read the entire directions. It takes just one little mistake to mess things up.

But if you read the posts that explain how to fix this issue and other issues you wouldn't be here contributing your negitive nonsense.
    I ,at least tried for a little comic relief! Sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.
    So... shoot me!

Now I suspect you just won't be able to stop yourself from replying with more negativity towards me which will contribute greatly to this thread
    You appear to be the ONLY person that felt the need to stop your valuable contributions to throw your negativity at me.
    And I still don't see YOUR name in the member shout outs!!!
    Just let it go, my friend.
    Carjackd and sam81 like this.
    07-31-15 11:00 PM
    How did you survive in the old days with landlines and dial tones that couldn't be turned off?

Posted via CB10

I think he meant connect headset so its not going out speakers.
    This is whining/******** thread. There is even a 2 second work around.

Feature requests are made directly with BlackBerry. OP did not indicate that he requested this feature through any Official method. What is BlackBerry supposed to acknowledge? I didn't see a link to the "numerous posts" on BlackBerry site. They might exist, but should be included in OP.

This is the Internet. Someone gives an extreme opinion and people disagree. People are responding accordingly. Given this issue is the first time I'm hearing of it in 2.5 years (I'll skim over topics that don't interest me, but I think I'd check out a thread with tons of views), I think the OP is in the minority of demand of such feature.

I am a QA Manager. When someone adds a feature request to mantis with a well written explanation of what should be changed, why it should be changed, what it impacts and how much effort it will take, it will get assigned. Emotional rants go no where. It was only in post 28 where OP explained he has to enter something like 34 characters instead of the typical 10. That should be posted in the OP, not post 28 after everyone is wtf because he is a corner case, not typical.

Our mantis database includes TONS of stuff, big and small, new and old. There are entries to add simple aliases to make commands more powerful and shorter. There are entries to change wording. The thing is, they need to be assigned to someone, tested by someone, and then documented. So things are prioritized and assigned accordingly. Crashes and showstoppers trump everything. Revenue generating features are next. Little things might be worked on the day before a developer takes vacation rather than taking on a new bug/feature that takes time. They'll get fit in where time allows, or when it affects a developer who just goes and fixes it themselves if it was really that trivial.

So I think the appropriate place would be to comment on the feature request on BlackBerry forums/beta app so that BlackBerry can better understand the severity and impact and prioritize accordingly.

Links to the feature request, please. Then it can be commented up and you'll probably see action on it. Don't whine about it here without referencing the feature request with BlackBerry or you'll get little sympathy from CB members, as you can see.
    Please point me to all the previous threads ranting about this. That is my point. Complaints about wallpaper popup changes, complaints about double typing issue, complaints about shopblackberry, etc, etc. Those are repeated issues brought up over and over in the last 2.5 years. I'm saying that this dial tone issue is not reported very often, hence its a minority issue. I thought it was pretty clear, but I hope you understand now.

What is your point? This sounds unrelated.

Kick the can further down the road? Not sure if that means what you think it means, but there is no where to kick the can to make it someone else's problem. If it doesn't get assigned to a developer by QA manager, then the can stops. Period. Who are these some people you are referring to? Crackberry members? BlackBerry devs? I don't know what you're saying here.
    No, I don't think we understand. If you type in the code even twice, then that suggestion is valid. If you are entering in 100% unique codes EVERY call, jawsus christmas, you need a new method and should not be complaining of swipedown-tap-dial-swipedown-tap. That's like walking 10 miles to the grocery store and complaining the milk is all the way in the last aisle.

Where I come from, the prepaid card is the same until you use up the credit, and you'd buy enough credit for a month or more usually at a time. If you top it up, the number is the same. If you are getting a new card instead of topping it up, that isn't usual for where I'm from. So if people are not following you, its because we're not familiar with using unique prepaid codes on every single call.
    WTF are you talking about? Did you click on someones signature, thinking it was part of the post? It would help if you quoted the person with the URL. There is no link in the post you quoted. I was hoping you were Rick rolled, but I can't find what you clicked on.

Brightness is adjustable. Not sure what you mean. Its also not good to hijack a topic or go off topic. Start your own so it can be discussed on its own merits.
    Not sure where you think I was being impolite, considering I responded to your post without a thanks from you. You just had to report the supposed post to the mods directly if you thought you had a real thing to report.

If it was the use of "WTF are you talking about?", I consider your usage of "WTF?" to allow my usage. I don't think I was rude or impolite, but I think your response was. Let's leave it at that.
    You have to open up their profile and add it to your ignore list from there. You cannot do it from CB10 app, unfortunately.

An impressive set of useful contributions.. indeed!!
    07-31-15 11:46 PM
    Wow...I can't believe this discussion is still going on almost a month later.

So I called Chen myself and he said "Jackd, do you mind if I call you Jackd? I saw this thread on Crackberry about a month ago and a mod gave a solution in the first page of the thread. Man....even when there is work work around some folks are thick. Can you tell the good people at CB just use the work around, cause I'm too busy turning BlackBerry into a software company. "
    BCITMike, anon(3732391) and sam81 like this.
    08-01-15 12:36 AM
    Wow...I can't believe this discussion is still going on almost a month later.

So I called Chen myself and he said "Jackd, do you mind if I call you Jackd? I saw this thread on Crackberry about a month ago and a mod gave a solution in the first page of the thread. Man....even when there is work work around some folks are thick. Can you tell the good people at CB just use the work around, cause I'm too busy turning BlackBerry into a software company. "
    Good idea. Tell Chen that BB10 cannot be build on workarounds, it is so stupid for a company to rely on that and chose not to fix simple things. Ask him why he prefer to touch his nose with his hand round the back of his head.

And this workaround sometimes surprises the user when he really thought the phone was on silent mode and then turn it off. But Chen, can you make it as a Blackberry special that the silent mode icon can be turn off. That will avoid confusion between the true silent mode and the false silent mode, and something for some of them here to shout about.

I know you (Chen) would like Blackberry to have more visibility and that is why you encourage users (as suggested here) to swipe here, swipe there, turn this off, even type something just to make a simple call without that awful noise from the dial pad. I had this workaround for a few days, the iPhone solved my problem. Not that I don't like my Z10, but the iPhone gets the job done and don't embarrass me with this stupid tone.
    08-01-15 04:07 AM
    Not that I don't like my Z10, but the iPhone gets the job done and don't embarrass me with this stupid tone.
    You have such low self esteem that you're embarrassed by a dial tone???
    What could be MORE embarrassing then complaining about it like spoiled children on a public forum??
    Take a moment to look around you and you'll see that most everyone is yacking on their own phones and couldn't care less who hears them talking. so why let yourself be intimidated
    over a dial tone? Put your most important numbers on speed dial, then, you'll only have to press one button.
    If that doesn't work, throw a coughing fit while you dial... You'll attract attention to yourself and away from the embarrassing dial tone.

BE LOUD... BE PROUD! IT'S A PHONE..... IT HAS A DIAL TONE. AND, IT'S A BLACKBERRY
    Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. If not for yourself do it for the love of your god.

For The Love of God - Remove the Dial pad tone!-its-charlie.png
    Carjackd, sam81 and ppeters914 like this.
    08-01-15 07:43 AM
    Good idea. Tell Chen that BB10 cannot be build on workarounds, it is so stupid for a company to rely on that and chose not to fix simple things. Ask him why he prefer to touch his nose with his hand round the back of his head.

And this workaround sometimes surprises the user when he really thought the phone was on silent mode and then turn it off. But Chen, can you make it as a Blackberry special that the silent mode icon can be turn off. That will avoid confusion between the true silent mode and the false silent mode, and something for some of them here to shout about.

I know you (Chen) would like Blackberry to have more visibility and that is why you encourage users (as suggested here) to swipe here, swipe there, turn this off, even type something just to make a simple call without that awful noise from the dial pad. I had this workaround for a few days, the iPhone solved my problem. Not that I don't like my Z10, but the iPhone gets the job done and don't embarrass me with this stupid tone.
    Yawn
    anon(3732391) and sam81 like this.
    08-01-15 08:40 AM
    You have such low self esteem that you're embarrassed by a dial tone???
    What could be MORE embarrassing then complaining about it like spoiled children on a public forum??
    Take a moment to look around you and you'll see that most everyone is yacking on their own phones and couldn't care less who hears them talking. so why let yourself be intimidated
    over a dial tone? Put your most important numbers on speed dial, then, you'll only have to press one button.
    If that doesn't work, throw a coughing fit while you dial... You'll attract attention to yourself and away from the embarrassing dial tone.
    Yes, you crave attention, that bit I can understand.

My phone don't come preloaded with contact numbers like yours, hence I get to use that dial pad much more often than you. As I'd said much earlier, you can pretend that this dial pad noise is not an issue and sweep it under the carpet, or you hardly call with your phone and treat it as a toy or fashion accessory like an earring. I simply call a spade a spade.

Not stating the fact that ignorant ones only knew that the dial pad is for calling. And also there are many rude and crude people around because they take it that others must put with up with their phones.
    08-01-15 10:37 AM
    Yawn
    It is not easy to buried this issue isn't it, nor matter where you swept it under the carpet.
    08-01-15 10:38 AM
    When my phone is in the silent sound profile, there are no tones when dialing.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:49 AM
    When my phone is in the silent sound profile, there are no tones when dialing.
    My Blackberry stay silent when I am not using the dial pad.
    08-01-15 10:55 AM
    IN THIS THREAD: mental problems

Richard
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-01-15 02:52 PM

My phone don't come preloaded with contact numbers like yours, hence I get to use that dial pad much more often than you. As I'd said much earlier, you can pretend that this dial pad noise is not an issue and sweep it under the carpet, or you hardly call with your phone and treat it as a toy or fashion accessory like an earring. I simply call a spade a spade.

Not stating the fact that ignorant ones only knew that the dial pad is for calling. And also there are many rude and crude people around because they take it that others must put with up with their phones.
    It's not an "issue". If it's acceptable to talk on the phone it's also acceptable to make 7 (or 10) little beeps while dialing.

And if it's that much of an issue the very simple solution has been posted - toggle silent on with the "Q" key, dial, then "Q" again to exit silent. In a perfect world sure, we'd have the option. But we don't. There are bigger issues (no font options, for example, no dark hub) that would be more welcome and helpful than silencing the dial pad.

Honestly do people really make an issue out of it? Do people make comments or roll their eyes at you? Really??? Because THAT is rude. Far ruder than making a call and having the dial pad beep. Tell whoever has an issue with it to **** off...feels good.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-01-15 04:35 PM

I spend most of my days here helping people to solve issues. if you look at the top of the page you'll notice my name in the MEMBER SHOUTOUTS for the help i give.

I come into threads like this for a good laugh .. then it's back to helping people that have more to do than whine and contradict each other to no end when the answer you're looking for is
    ON THE FIRST PAGE.

If your definition of helping people resolve their issues is for the attention I get, Then I must be doing something right!
    Thanks for the compliment!

08-01-15 06:23 PM
    IHonestly do people really make an issue out of it? Do people make comments or roll their eyes at you? Really??? Because THAT is rude. Far ruder than making a call and having the dial pad beep. Tell whoever has an issue with it to **** off...feels good.
    Don't be silly, would I give people the chance to rolls their eyes at me just to tell them to **** off. We are lucky because Blackberries are rare even though their phones are the only ones with this awful dial pad noise, and that makes it acceptable.
    08-01-15 10:59 PM
    I spend most of my days here helping people to solve issues. if you look at the top of the page you'll notice my name in the MEMBER SHOUTOUTS for the help i give.
    I am sorry I did not give you the attention you deserved. I just don't a give hoot what is at the top of this page, don't know what is there, what is there to click nor how many posts you made and what are you after. What has all these got to do with me.
    08-01-15 11:02 PM
190 ... 5678